What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A week on Redmire. My mate managed to get through last week so the 3 of us have the last week in September 

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

Gorgeous... sounds like Rolling Thunder 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Highy said:

s-l1000.jpg.ca53fed01f8e0cec4c22b8802c50ab5f.jpg

These have the baitrunner but are also a big pit...i don't really do front drag either..😁

2 of these for £40..yes please 

Try NO THANK YOU!  A pal of mine had one of these it collapsed internally (due to the very poor constructional materials) within a month of purchase. With these you really do get what you pay for.

10 hours ago, carpmachine said:

Nah Dave, they are difficult to use with the drag, its not a baitrunner, you have to adjust the front drag on most as you strike, pain in the butt unless you need the longcast, big baitrunner  Dave, much better weapon.

When I swapped from baitrunners to big pits it took me about 2 runs to get the hang of it. IMO the front drag is much better. Just cup the spool when you lift in to a fish and you make the adjustments from there. No messing with a baitrunner at all. One less thing to go wrong. 

On 12/18/2017 at 08:53, yonny said:

I managed to find some Rig Marole Specimon hooklink (zig line) on special offer so bought a couple of spools to check it out.

Also found some brand new Snugpak salopettes on the bay for 50 quid. They just arrived, look really good.

Are your Salopettes the  softie ones Yonny ? , and if so are they waterproof and snag resistant please ? .

:)

On 24/12/2017 at 21:19, crusian said:

Are your Salopettes the  softie ones Yonny ? , and if so are they waterproof and snag resistant please ? .

Yes they are the softie ones bud. They're water resistant, not waterproof. Defo not snag resistant, all the snugpak stuff is very soft to the touch, but tbh by the time it' cold enough to use them the days of climbing through the marginal undergrowth are long gone. I only use them for extreme cold situations.

I'm looking to buy a pair of new 9' 2.75lb Dwarf's this New Year... my current ones are about 6 years old and are a bit baggy now...(they have been hammered somewhat) so I'll look at the new ones with the abbreviated butt and lightweight rings... got a nice pair of 4000 Aero X baitrunners waiting to be paired up with them...

6 hours ago, yonny said:

Yes they are the softie ones bud. They're water resistant, not waterproof. Defo not snag resistant, all the snugpak stuff is very soft to the touch, but tbh by the time it' cold enough to use them the days of climbing through the marginal undergrowth are long gone. I only use them for extreme cold situations.

Thanks Yonny .

I think I'll stay with my Sundridge Minus 10 Suit - I do a lot of kneeling , so I guess I'd get wet knees in a Softie .

Also I have been known to leave my Brolly in my car in the car park and then get caught out by unscheduled rain so I can sit out in my Sundridge Suit for a long time before I start to get damp .

Edited by crusian
double emoji

Courtesey of her in doors I now have a double rod bag for my new 6ft scopes and two nash bp4's on the way to me. And some reading mAterial in the shape of ali hamidi's book "the carpets high" also can't remember if I'd already said but got my skeetex boots through and tried them.....toasty toes so happy days  😁 

7 hours ago, spr1985 said:

Courtesey of her in doors I now have a double rod bag for my new 6ft scopes and two nash bp4's on the way to me. And some reading mAterial in the shape of ali hamidi's book "the carpets high" also can't remember if I'd already said but got my skeetex boots through and tried them.....toasty toes so happy days  😁 

That book is not a patch on Aladdin’s one. His carpet flew much higher than Ali’s! 

1100m of shimano technium black in 12lb (price matched to £19.99 at angling direct 👌🏻) and some very brightly coloured fox rage shads....(thought process is....if I can't buy a bite from the carp....which is the norm, then I may be able to buy a bite from the perch on the river/lakes )

Edited by spr1985