What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A week on Redmire. My mate managed to get through last week so the 3 of us have the last week in September 

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

Gorgeous... sounds like Rolling Thunder 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, framey said:

Can get custom built dymags cheaper than scopes lol

Maybe so but a) do they offer a 10ft option( nope) 

b) are they retractable (nope) 

and therfore do not meet the criteria for what I and possibly some others are looking for and therefore irrelevant 

Edited by spr1985

couldnt see anywhere someone sayng they wanted a retractable rod or a 10 foot version other wise i wouldnt have mentioned it at all

but tbf i didnt go all the way back to page 1

i did see BUILD QUALITY mentioned though so added an alternative and still get change from the cost of a scope

however they could match the criteria for what some others MAY be looking for so could be relevent and save some money in the process. 

8 minutes ago, framey said:

I bought a dwarf to use as a spod rod lol

Did you go for the 4.5lb? If so I’d welcome your feedback on it when you’ve put it to good use.

On a side note.....just picked up the new Tc pro from parcel shop as missed delivery.....tempted to set it up in the lounge 😂🤣 don’t fancy a rollicking though decisions decisions 

Edited by spr1985
10 hours ago, Highy said:

Screenshot_20180110-172359.thumb.jpg.a721c49d6152b6a745fba1b60809467d.jpg

ADVICE PLEASE ON ABOVE 😁😁

I hope it's good!

I bought a bulk spool to go on my spare spools for France (20lb). Have heard good reports about it, and have used the standard sensor in the past so thought "why not". I usually use Shimano Technium Black but this is a similar colour and a lot cheaper! I went for 20lb because I normally go by diameter rather than BS. The 20lb is 0.37mm the same as Technium 15lb so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

4 hours ago, Big Common said:

Let us know what you make of it smufter. I just recently bought some tech' Black. But I'm always up for saving a shilling or two :)

Haven't got round to loading it on yet BC, as I say I'll only be using it in France and I'm not off until July. Too heavy for my regular water

But I will report back once it's on the spools

7 minutes ago, Big Common said:

New club ticket for this year. (Didn't fill the on-line form out properly before, so was waiting for a card that was never sent) . Any ways, all done now... £90 gives me a few local lakes to flit around on. Some decent fish to go at and a good variety of specimen sized non carp to dabble with..... The Perch , in particular would make a nice change next winter. A 4lber is not out of the question . Fresh start, new club, new lakes to fish.... Happy days..:wink:

A guy had three 2.5lb Perch out of braxted back last week whilst I was there 

48 minutes ago, Big Common said:

Bad luck Highy..... The clue is in the number.. ie "4000"..... Most smaller carp reels are around 5000/5500,  medium around 7000 and Big Pits 10,000 as a rough guide.  The number is to indicate spool size/line capacity, which in turn gives you an idea of overall reel size.... There are one or two exceptions, but if you see a reel advertised at "4000", or less, you will know that its a fairly small reel.

But the rovex 4000 says a capacity of 15lb 160yds...not to bad as i dont fish that far...

But they will only be in action in march...

Thinkin of spooling them with Korda Carpline 15lb ??

16 minutes ago, Highy said:

Cheers common...got these at moment on though...Screenshot_20180112-145946.thumb.png.c20f6ad4dfe6b1970e88a0c7f5188179.png

When the baitrunner in action...there's a bit of grinding...the 60 stand for 6000?? As these are bigger than my new ens...

i have been using 3x lineaffe free spools for a few years now and i just cant fault them, only thing i have had happen is a bail arm nut came off once and lost the roller in the long grass when still new but they posted one out next day gave em all a tweak and they have been solid reels ever since, about 6+ years now.

cant be doing with chasing the latest must have as im in it for the fish not the looks :lol:

30 minutes ago, cyborx said:

i have been using 3x lineaffe free spools for a few years now and i just cant fault them, only thing i have had happen is a bail arm nut came off once and lost the roller in the long grass when still new but they posted one out next day gave em all a tweak and they have been solid reels ever since, about 6+ years now.

cant be doing with chasing the latest must have as im in it for the fish not the looks :lol:

I honestly cant fault em 👌👌...but as ive bought slimmer n better rods JRC contacts i thought about new reels...the Rovex 4000/6000 jumped out...6000 would have been better....

So new 2 rod setup for me...my 8yr old can use my NGT 2 rod setup too...cant wait for him on his own setup...