Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

On 20/04/2018 at 16:34, crusian said:

Hello Zeddedhed

So are you going to mix the Sweetcorn with the Marmite ? ; surely you're not going to actually eat the Marmite yourself ! 🤢

The sweetcorn (1 Kilo at a time) goes into my spod mix, along with two or three bait tubs of Vitalin, 3 bait tubs of freshly cooked hemp which which was cooked with 4 freshly chopped green and red chillies, 5 tbsp of Tabasco and three or four tbsp salt. The Hemp cooking water went in as well - a goodly slosh of Cloudy Krill liquid and a decent squirt of Hemp oil. A whole jar of marmite dissolved in a pint of warm water gets stirred in with a couple of dollops of molasses for luck.

This gets bunged out to my spots in the hope that I'll spot the vomiting fish!! :)

54 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Some citronella candles, even though they make my nose stream but got to keep the mozzies away, some floss and a tube of stormsure to fix my old waders. 

If you don't like the citronella and not many do, you could try burning cork in a mess tin, you can rub the burnt cork Rambo style on to your arms to stop the mozzies biting, a member of this site who is ex army told me that one.

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

If you don't like the citronella and not many do, you could try burning cork in a mess tin, you can rub the burnt cork Rambo style on to your arms to stop the mozzies biting, a member of this site who is ex army told me that one.

I don’t mind the smell but clearly my body says otherwise as my nose ends up streaming, unless it’s something else...I’ll test it next session. I usually dose up in jungle formula too. 

On 21/04/2018 at 15:36, cyborx said:

as already said, 300mtrs of 40lb Spectra Extreme Braid for my marker and i also found THIS little gadget, its a spool holder for loading line onto your reels and it is supposed to stop line twist and promote even line lay,,not bad for a couple of quid 😂

51n6nWvMuUL._SL1054_.thumb.jpg.a8a36603bbfe07d64a86f96bcbcc4c48.jpg

I’m a long time loader/spooler user and can’t rate them enough. I set mine up so the line is coming off the top of the spool. I have an expensive version, and a cheap version the same as yours, and the results are equal. I don’t soak or wet the line, just load it straight on.

Great bit of kit imo.

4 hours ago, The Compleat Angler said:

I’m a long time loader/spooler user and can’t rate them enough. I set mine up so the line is coming off the top of the spool. I have an expensive version, and a cheap version the same as yours, and the results are equal. I don’t soak or wet the line, just load it straight on.

Great bit of kit imo.

had a feeling it would be good as the line feeds off the top of a rotating spool thereby avoiding line twist, loading off the side of a spool is almost guaranteed to put twist in. 

3 hours ago, cyborx said:

had a feeling it would be good as the line feeds off the top of a rotating spool thereby avoiding line twist, loading off the side of a spool is almost guaranteed to put twist in. 

Yes, I’ve loaded all sorts with them, including various mono, and never suffer twist, nice to have something that actually works for a change. :wink:

well, in addition to the affore mentioned braid and reel loader i have also added to my rather large collection of clap with,

ESP tungsten loaded semi stiff hook link

ESP tungsten loaded stiff hook link

pac of lead clip systems

pack of black zig foam

pac of white zig foam

pac of large float stops (i find these better than silicone tube for stopping beads)

pot of nash scopex squid dip

pot of nash strawberry pallatant dip

pot of liver powder

and a Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Adapter to convert my old pc to wifi :lol:

Carp Porter Mk2 Fat Boy.

To replace my 10 yr old Mk4. Structurally still perfect - just the arms are and always have been a bad design (plastic brackets), which are now getting loose, and it’s become a bit wildly to handle.

If anyone is a bit handy with metal work, you’d probably be able to sort it somehow. So if anyone wants a free barrow - welcome to collect from essex!

2 hours ago, sharpy86 said:

Carp Porter Mk2 Fat Boy.

To replace my 10 yr old Mk4. Structurally still perfect - just the arms are and always have been a bad design (plastic brackets), which are now getting loose, and it’s become a bit wildly to handle.

If anyone is a bit handy with metal work, you’d probably be able to sort it somehow. So if anyone wants a free barrow - welcome to collect from essex!

If was in the north west...id pay you to hold it for me😂😂

Bought 3 of these Chod rig today....but not using as a chod setup...want to use a STIFF COATED SUFIX braid and make like a Hinge rig...any ideas ??  Also purchased some new pop ups...wanna try pop ups tomoz night on my water...

Screenshot_20180427-204041.thumb.png.5089a61bfb1841e38e1f592f14b88a1d.png

Well the new rods arrived yesterday. Really relieved because somebody had warned me about the particular ebay seller not fulfilling orders which left me a little concerned.
Haven't had a chance to check all three but they were packaged well so no doubt they are fine. Pulled one out to have a look, lovely rods, seem superbly finished for the price (£45.00 each!!!). Nice, slim, matt black blanks, very understated graphics, which I like.
I'll use these in France and loan my Velocities to my daughter for the week.

So now have 4 sets of rods, two of which have yet to be introduced to the wife......:shock::shock::shock:

On 18/11/2017 at 19:57, B.C. said:

3 x "Reels for life" hopefully........ Shimano Ultegra Ci4+ 1400 XTC..

3 x Wychwood system select rod bags.... Been using these for 6mnths on some other rods and they are great.

Tube threader..... ( hopefully I can re thread the waist string on my joggers now )

Bulk Spoll of Shimano Technium Black in 12lb........

Good old "Corals" , did me a nice favour yesterday.... Happy days..:D

How you getting on with the Ultegra’s? I’m thinking of getting the 5500 on my 2.75s, as normal sized big pits don’t feel balanced.

3 hours ago, sharpy86 said:

How you getting on with the Ultegra’s? I’m thinking of getting the 5500 on my 2.75s, as normal sized big pits don’t feel balanced.

If it’s any good to you sharpy I have the 5500xtd’s on my scopes and love them, literally can’t fault them I’m not much of a reviewer 🤣 but they look good feel nice and smooth and cast well, I’m glad I changed over to them 

Edited by spr1985

2 hours ago, spr1985 said:

If it’s any good to you sharpy I have the 5500xtd’s on my scopes and love them, literally can’t fault them I’m not much of a reviewer 🤣 but they look good feel nice and smooth and cast well, I’m glad I changed over to them 

Nice one - cheers!

6 hours ago, sharpy86 said:

Yeah I really like them, but I've got them on a beefier set up with 3.25's...... The spools and bail arms come up a bit wider than I thought, but the bodies are short and compact and the whole reel is very light, the extra width on the spool has helped put a few yards on my casting, which is why I bought them..... But they are best used on wider snag/buzzer bars or single sticks, due to the width of the spools/bail arms.

I managed to buy some "xtc" 5500 cheap a couple of years ago think they were reduced as the "xtd" was just hitting the shelves..... These are perfect little reels for a lighter set up and I use them now on my 2.75's (2 rod set up).... They are smaller in general, not just the spools, so will fit on smaller buzzer bars for a compact two rod set up, if that's your thing.....

Another rout to go down for a smaller set up is the Fox FX9..... I know some people avoid Fox reels, but a couple of bank mates I know, have used them on smaller waters for over a year now with no probs...:) But they are old farts like me, and tend to look after their kit.