Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

6 hours ago, welder said:

Gardner Point Doctor. Hook sharpener, got to be worth the punt at £4-41 delivered.

Ian

I use one for fine amounts of sharpening if required. You won’t be able to sharpen a hook like if you used a diamond file though. But well worth keeping in the tackle box. 

On 3 July 2018 at 22:42, dlc1964 said:

Haha.....I'll see what I can do.

Just to make the game of Hide and Seek more difficult for her I'm going here for a weeks fishing, starting tomorrow night.

http://www.greenwood-fisheries.co.uk/news-articles-match-results-and-blog/

That makes hiding new gear a whole lot easier😉

As you take it back in after a trip, "no Love, I've had it ages".

20180706_163720.thumb.jpg.f1db9b14923d2d9b28cb7045d99f021b.jpg20180706_163726.thumb.jpg.e2a27c8a19df2674b0726ba2013d1d80.jpg

Fox Royale Barrow...£30...as you can see needs a tyre...suggestions PLEASE.

Below is my very 1st attempt at a barrow load (feedback welcome), typical stuff for me n my son.

Also looking into a barrow bag underneath...

20180706_164627.thumb.jpg.5d1dbc2cb0b41e3428224cbccae0f60d.jpg

My first Barra that one and it had it's issues :(

Loaded like that and i found it very unstable especially on rough ground so ended up with Bivvy and rod holdall laid across the 2 handles to keep some weight down and that worked well until a gateway loomed, Quick decant and reload after gateway and your away.

Straps or Bungees are a must.

Ended up selling it to my neighbor and getting a Triporter Big Boy :)

See if they do a puncture proof tyre..

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Good shout...but heard it may be 14" ???

They all different sizes on the bay just have a search. 

I think  they are around £14 for a 14" puncture proof trye and wheel. 😀

3 hours ago, bigtrev said:

regarding the loading.  Put your bed chair on first and then open the legs out to give yourself some sides. Put the heavier stuff over the wheel and anything light towards the handles.

Bit akward...no sides to widen...only front can lenghten...gonna get a underbag for sime smaller bits n bags...my bed is a wide boy...but 1st go not bad...butvall that is for 2 of us...will come in handy in the 27th july...Cudmore for 48hrs 😁😁

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 18:28, chillfactor said:

Free spirit Hi s 220 13ft ... to complete my set.  Only purchased two originally thinking I would rarely fish all 3 at range but there such a joy to use & unlike lots of casting rods not a broom handle, the tip section has been thought about a lot .and it really shows in there performance.

BC ...as a side note quite like the look of the 10000 spacers for the ultegra c14 spools .... which did you go with ?  

Can't remember the numbers..... The first reel I loaded on the medium sized spacer and after reeling for an age and getting arm ache, decided on the larger spacers for the other 2 reels. That was with the rather stiff imo Technium black in 14lb...……. If you are loading with the Suffix Synergy (which you mentioned you use for distance).. Then I'd go with as big a spacer as poss', unless you are boating your rigs out at mega distance..... I recon you'll get 250yds plus on, with the bigger spacer and supple line...… I am guestimating as I didn't actually measure accurately.... I wrapped off 200 yrds of the technium on sticks, wound it on and then topped up the spool with some old line and then transferred onto a new spool..... The bigger spacers are fine imo for anything over here., unless you've got a 200yd chuck in your armoury. Those spools will eat your l;ine up with the smaller spacers. 400 yds plus.

Not quite purchased yet, but arranged to collect a Portalite 2 , second hand.... Should be able to out my old barrow given the price of new ones. It's a good old barrow but a tad big and just encourages me to take too many extras...…. The scaling down continues lol.

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 17:03, Highy said:

20180706_163720.thumb.jpg.f1db9b14923d2d9b28cb7045d99f021b.jpg20180706_163726.thumb.jpg.e2a27c8a19df2674b0726ba2013d1d80.jpg

Fox Royale Barrow...£30...as you can see needs a tyre...suggestions PLEASE.

Below is my very 1st attempt at a barrow load (feedback welcome), typical stuff for me n my son.

Also looking into a barrow bag underneath...

20180706_164627.thumb.jpg.5d1dbc2cb0b41e3428224cbccae0f60d.jpg

I would usually put the holdall at the front sat on the bars, it's normally quite a heavy item too, so having it further forward helps with the weight/balance. Open the legs up of the bed chair and flip it over so they are on the sides and sticking up, this gives you a nice little area to put your folded chair and stack a few items, the legs acting as side rails to stop anything falling off. I place this just behind the holdall You mentioned an under barrow bag?... Personally, I think  a front bag is better given the choice. It not only gives you quicker access to anything , but also means there is more weight at the front of the barrow especially if you use it for water , bait etc..... Any longer bits rods brolly etc go on top like you have done with a couple of bungees to hold it all on, one front and one back...… Beware though, don't pull the bungee straight over from one side or your barrow will topple over, pull it over gently with one arm on top of your kit...… Looks an alright barrow that does especially for what it cost. I wouldn't scrimp on the wheel, get yourself a decent one that fits properly, after all, the entire weight of your kit is resting on it... If your new wheel is not puncture proof, then, I find it a good idea to keep and old bike pump in the van to top the tyre up with air now and then...… A half flat tyre will make your kit feel much heavier. 🙂

5 hours ago, B.C. said:

I would usually put the holdall at the front sat on the bars, it's normally quite a heavy item too, so having it further forward helps with the weight/balance. Open the legs up of the bed chair and flip it over so they are on the sides and sticking up, this gives you a nice little area to put your folded chair and stack a few items, the legs acting as side rails to stop anything falling off. I place this just behind the holdall You mentioned an under barrow bag?... Personally, I think  a front bag is better given the choice. It not only gives you quicker access to anything , but also means there is more weight at the front of the barrow especially if you use it for water , bait etc..... Any longer bits rods brolly etc go on top like you have done with a couple of bungees to hold it all on, one front and one back...… Beware though, don't pull the bungee straight over from one side or your barrow will topple over, pull it over gently with one arm on top of your kit...… Looks an alright barrow that does especially for what it cost. I wouldn't scrimp on the wheel, get yourself a decent one that fits properly, after all, the entire weight of your kit is resting on it... If your new wheel is not puncture proof, then, I find it a good idea to keep and old bike pump in the van to top the tyre up with air now and then...… A half flat tyre will make your kit feel much heavier. 🙂

Cheers B.C...will have a few play abouts with the loading...and deffo looki g for a decent Tyre...probably air free.

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:55, Highy said:

Bit akward...no sides to widen...only front can lenghten...gonna get a underbag for sime smaller bits n bags...my bed is a wide boy...but 1st go not bad...butvall that is for 2 of us...will come in handy in the 27th july...Cudmore for 48hrs 😁😁

No I mean put your bedchair on first (upside down) then open out the legs of the bedchair which will then become the sides.

1 hour ago, bigtrev said:

No I mean put your bedchair on first (upside down) then open out the legs of the bedchair which will then become the sides.

Doooohhh......good idea 👍👍...might be play about time during the week..

2 hours ago, bigtrev said:

Now there's a suggestion! Good thinking, bigtrev.

Ian

Sort of have/haven't yet...

What do people think of the Nash KNX pod ??

It's been given to me as an unwanted pod but not yet in my hand...just wanted some in put about it...steadiness..stable

So should i keep or sell on ??

54 minutes ago, Highy said:

Sort of have/haven't yet...

What do people think of the Nash KNX pod ??

It's been given to me as an unwanted pod but not yet in my hand...just wanted some in put about it...steadiness..stable

So should i keep or sell on ??

Havent used it... But the banks are like concrete atm, so a freebie pod is a good option to have.....