What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

listen up lads and i will impart the secret!! tuck the rods under your arm and just walk in like nothing is different, as you walk by the shoe stand just casually look down and say out loud,, NEW SHOE

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Excuse my possible naivety , but what are the finger things for, I've spodded and never needed to cover my finger. I'm relatively new to fishing mind, am I doing it wrong? 😂

Probably just a gimmick, or I’m getting old and worry more but heard a few stories of it going horribly wrong and finger cuts to the bone! Someone will reply with more experience at spodding than I have 😂 

A finger stool is needed when punching a lead out to the horizon or spodding if your reel is loaded with BRAID.

If spodding your fingers get wet and the relatively soft over time ,one naff cast and the braid will cut into your finger , how deep depends on the power you used to cast ,

I personally use the fabric Elastoplast on a roll that you cut to length , works the same and i wrap it round the crease in my finger just below you nail .

Dont use anything whilst using BRAID and it will catch you one day. 

1 hour ago, Dannygooner said:

Excuse my possible naivety , but what are the finger things for, I've spodded and never needed to cover my finger. I'm relatively new to fishing mind, am I doing it wrong? 😂

48 minutes ago, Old school said:

Probably just a gimmick, or I’m getting old and worry more but heard a few stories of it going horribly wrong and finger cuts to the bone! Someone will reply with more experience at spodding than I have 😂 

18 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

You’ll only have one mishap spodding before you’ll use a finger stall...... you don’t have to slice your finger open for it to be painful 😣 

I have seen someone who decided using braid straight through for spodding was clever, until they had a miscast, and indeed did cut their finger to the bone. 

Personally, I don't use a finger stall, but I also refuse to use braid for spodding, using mono with a decent shockleader. I still get the occasional miscast, but not enough to worry about. I did try using a finger stall, but found with mono the line slipped and I had more miscasts.

However, a finger stall is very useful if you are constantly casting pushing long casts, on spod and fishing rods.

Picked up 2lb rag worm, diced and sliced and being hydro'd

Ordered a couple of spomb floats,

Ordered some Fox tapered mono leaders, not sue what came over me yesterday, the retro shock leader I bought cheap, was out of pure nostalgia I think. It is like an actual pigs tail, thick, pink, and cork screwy..

Oh and my spomb rod arrived today, looks and feels lovely...

My Trakker 13ft single rod skin came too..... Bit disappointing really, I think these are a mk2 version, its on a par with something like NGT, bit thin on the padding and no ties or loops as retainers inside, so there's a strong possibility that the rod sections will move about or rub together... Also. they don't come with a shoulder strap, not that I use one, but you'd think they'd be a bit cheaper without one. Not a patch on the multiple rod skins they do imo, which are very good.

42 minutes ago, B.C. said:

Picked up 2lb rag worm, diced and sliced and being hydro'd

Ordered a couple of spomb floats,

Ordered some Fox tapered mono leaders, not sue what came over me yesterday, the retro shock leader I bought cheap, was out of pure nostalgia I think. It is like an actual pigs tail, thick, pink, and cork screwy..

Oh and my spomb rod arrived today, looks and feels lovely...

My Trakker 13ft single rod skin came too..... Bit disappointing really, I think these are a mk2 version, its on a par with something like NGT, bit thin on the padding and no ties or loops as retainers inside, so there's a strong possibility that the rod sections will move about or rub together... Also. they don't come with a shoulder strap, not that I use one, but you'd think they'd be a bit cheaper without one. Not a patch on the multiple rod skins they do imo, which are very good.

Ignore Spomb floats, get Deadbait High risers pop-up foam. They are actually tapered and fit straight inside the Spomb on the pin already😉

No carp tax...

8 hours ago, Highy said:

Not a purchase as such...a friend came back from France on Tuesday and this morning asked if need any bait (not really) but yeh go on...2.5kg of Xcel K.S.C (Krill Squid Crab) in 15mm (ive got the V.N.F) ..also given me 7 backleads (luminous PINK) how can i change colour....Hammerite???

Keep them backleads bright,mate. 😉

8 hours ago, Highy said:

Not a purchase as such...a friend came back from France on Tuesday and this morning asked if need any bait (not really) but yeh go on...2.5kg of Xcel K.S.C (Krill Squid Crab) in 15mm (ive got the V.N.F) ..also given me 7 backleads (luminous PINK) how can i change colour....Hammerite???

why do you need to darken them? they dont need to be camouflaged in the margins?