What is your newest purchase

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Speaking of pink pop ups...just looked at my gear and ive got a tub of Mainline Milky Toffee smothered in PINK almond goo...

Guess who's been watching the Korda underwater DVD!! Lol

Have you caught anything on em? A bloke I know tried em a few times, no joy. Sales gimmick, me thinks

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

Posted Images

1 minute ago, commonly said:

Guess who's been watching the Korda underwater DVD!! Lol

Have you caught anything on em? A bloke I know tried em a few times, no joy. Sales gimmick, me thinks

Honestly...i bought em off a mate who had been selling up...i bought all his pellets and Nash Boilies but the pop ups and some cell wafters were in the bottom of the bucket...not used 1 yet..but been told they are a good winter bait..

Batteries, for my head torch...…….. I have re-chargeables for other things, but not the little AAA …….

And 1 x Century Neville carbon snag ears 5"...….. I got the deal of the century earlier in the year, my local had 2 of these getting dusty in the shop, £5 for the pair, need a 3rd now, £23 for that one ,new..... 

15 hours ago, yonny said:

And how is it looking buddy????

All done mate. Bit stinky though..... I was saying to someone the other day, the reason I think the worm hydros are really stinky, is because of their gut contents, vegetation...… Does have that bad cabbage smell. So purging them might help, although rag don't last that long once dug up....Anyway, I had to get it in a mix quick as I didn't fancy having it knocking about in the house.. Knocked up 99 eggs of paste tonight, ready to roll tomorrow, got a session planned for next week, thinking of going  and just heaving it in and sitting on it. Have to see whats what, when I get there...…… Anyway, the hydro is inside this lot......

IMG_20180927_223345.jpg

Edited by salokcinnodrog
Edited to remove inferred swearing

Some 16mm cork balls for some big fat 20mm cork ball pop ups...…. I've found this guy to be quite reasonably priced, if you are not buying them in bulk..... I buy 25 at a time and they last me ages... around 3.50 posted.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARP-FISHING-CORK-BALLS-FOR-POP-UPS-BOILIES-8mm-10mm-12mm-14mm-16mm-19mm-POPPERS/191658254693?hash=item2c9fb8e165%3Am%3Amu37j-6_rZHpNZUzfItMxpw&var=490709187541

On 19/09/2018 at 21:10, B.C. said:

Picked up 2lb rag worm, diced and sliced and being hydro'd

Ordered a couple of spomb floats,

Ordered some Fox tapered mono leaders, not sue what came over me yesterday, the retro shock leader I bought cheap, was out of pure nostalgia I think. It is like an actual pigs tail, thick, pink, and cork screwy..

Oh and my spomb rod arrived today, looks and feels lovely...

My Trakker 13ft single rod skin came too..... Bit disappointing really, I think these are a mk2 version, its on a par with something like NGT, bit thin on the padding and no ties or loops as retainers inside, so there's a strong possibility that the rod sections will move about or rub together... Also. they don't come with a shoulder strap, not that I use one, but you'd think they'd be a bit cheaper without one. Not a patch on the multiple rod skins they do imo, which are very good.

Which Spomb/spod rod you bought?

Might be looking for one myself next spring 👍

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

Which Spomb/spod rod you bought?

I was contemplating the Free Spirit Launcher long range at around £160 and asked for some feed back... Chill'  kindly replied and recommended the 13ft Free Spirit Spomb rod, same price, which he mentioned , served him and a mate well, whilst out in France. His mate being 70yrs old and able to flick a large spomb out 100 plus with relative ease. So I went for the 13ft spomb…… Haven't used it at range yet Kev and haven't had it long enough to give it a decent review... But Chill' fishes more at range than me and I trust the Free Spirit gear...… Slight downside is you need to don the waders if your not in an open swim with the 13footer, they do a 12 too. But the 13, will give a few more yards if needed, I'm guessing...…… Feels alright though with the second hand spod reel I bought a little while back. Been doing 75 yrds with a flick, soft tip for a spod/spomb at 3.5lb, but loads of power in the butt and very accurate.... Pleased so far.... Doubles as a marker..

7 minutes ago, B.C. said:

I was contemplating the Free Spirit Launcher long range at around £160 and asked for some feed back... Chill'  kindly replied and recommended the 13ft Free Spirit Spomb rod, same price, which he mentioned , served him and a mate well, whilst out in France. His mate being 70yrs old and able to flick a large spomb out 100 plus with relative ease. So I went for the 13ft spomb…… Haven't used it at range yet Kev and haven't had it long enough to give it a decent review... But Chill' fishes more at range than me and I trust the Free Spirit gear...… Slight downside is you need to don the waders if your not in an open swim with the 13footer, they do a 12 too. But the 13, will give a few more yards if needed, I'm guessing...…… Feels alright though with the second hand spod reel I bought a little while back. Been doing 75 yrds with a flick, soft tip for a spod/spomb at 3.5lb, but loads of power in the butt and very accurate.... Pleased so far.... Doubles as a marker..

That's great much appreciated 👍

My mate hired rods abroad and got a Free Spirit spod rod, think it was ctx or something like that - said it felt really good and a reasonable price and did well in Magazine comparisons for the price range.

I will also look at the Torrix.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Avoid the Greys spod rods @kevtaylor. I bought one this year as a smashed my old one and I'm not at all impressed.

I've got the older greys spod in 12ft, no probs with it as such but I imagine it's gonna give up fairly soon, and I'd like better.

I got the 13ft grays marker rod - hate it, so tip heavy, just doesn't feel right, very disappointed tbh bag of s.... (stuff)