What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

Posted Images

On 11/10/2018 at 16:52, commonly said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961new line, pop ups to match the boilies, pva mesh, avid foam balls & rat traps!! 

Talking to a guy on the syndi, yesterday & he said he was getting his tackle & m&m's done by mice!

Screenshot_20181011-164923.png

Hello Commonly

I've just bought some HydroTuff in 15lb , I'm quite impressed so far ( I've not actually caught anything on it yet , of course ! ) ; what do you think of it ? .

Sad to read about your mates m & m's 😔.

😀

16 hours ago, B.C. said:

Mine too mate...…. Loving the pooch btw, growing up fast....

Which one did you get mate? I got a feeling it was the camo 55" one? Haven't had chance to set mine up yet but hopefully get chance this weekend 👍 the sleeping bag from them is nice and comfy but the straps to attach the bag to the chair seems a bit too tight, but not an issue really lol 

Yeah seems like yesterday she was a little pup with razors for teeth..her attitude is growing as well 😂😂 she loving life on the bank though, seems to really enjoy it so that's a massive bonus!! 

ESP tungsten tubing

Found it to be just as annoying as the Nash stuff i.e I cant get the damn line through.

If you typically need a threader tool, why not sell one and say its required on the packet?

Should have stuck to the Korda or looked about for the Rig Marole stuff recommended by Yonny.

Until the next venue requires it tubing is dead to me lol

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

ESP tungsten tubing

Found it to be just as annoying as the Nash stuff i.e I cant get the damn line through.

If you typically need a threader tool, why not sell one and say its required on the packet?

Should have stuck to the Korda or looked about for the Rig Marole stuff recommended by Yonny.

If you do need to use it again have a look at the mosquito angling stuff.

Half the price of esp too.

2 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

ESP tungsten tubing

Stick on an inline lead with sleeve to keep tubing straight then cut a point into your mainline. I used to use tubing all the time and I do understand the frustration of line threading. The option above I've found to be best.

16 minutes ago, Gazlaaar said:

Stick on an inline lead with sleeve to keep tubing straight then cut a point into your mainline. I used to use tubing all the time and I do understand the frustration of line threading. The option above I've found to be best.

Cheers guys good tips 👍  I did cut the line onto a point and tried stiff bristle filament but neither worked.

I wasted enough time trying to thread the tubing for me and my mate, coz he lost the plot with it - I could push it through upto an inch from the other end before it jammed, then the same trying the other way round? If I then cut an inch or so off the tubing it still jammed an inch from the end!!!!!! Where's my pole elastic threader when I needed it lol

Never have probs with the Korda stuff at all.

7 hours ago, jh92 said:

Which one did you get mate? I got a feeling it was the camo 55" one? Haven't had chance to set mine up yet but hopefully get chance this weekend 👍 the sleeping bag from them is nice and comfy but the straps to attach the bag to the chair seems a bit too tight, but not an issue really lol 

Yeah seems like yesterday she was a little pup with razors for teeth..her attitude is growing as well 😂😂 she loving life on the bank though, seems to really enjoy it so that's a massive bonus!! 

I got the plain olive green 55inch...… I have to angle my bed chair a bit, as the spokes are quite low imo….. But I don't mind that, reminds me of my old JRC Stealth, always hanging bits off the spokes, glasses, head torch, rigs.. They come in handy for me...……. 

My little Jack Russel has been like a puppy for 5 years. It's only this year that he's really changed and grown up, much more obedient and a bit more chilled out. Now that I can trust him a bit more, I'll be taking him with me through the Winter..... Need a foot warmer lol.

4 hours ago, Gazlaaar said:

Good tip that..... The only time I've struggled with threading tubing is when I've used too long a length.... 12 to 14 inches is all you really need imo, unless your hooklink is longer than that..... I did buy some Rig Morale free fall braided tubing, that Yonny recommended, haven't got round to using it yet, but did get it out the packet, you can tell straight away that it's a winner, nice and heavy, slightly stiff but flexible enough to lay over some light debris, it has a "non spook" feel about it, both, to the look and the touch.... Worth a look if you haven't already...

19 hours ago, B.C. said:

I got the plain olive green 55inch...… I have to angle my bed chair a bit, as the spokes are quite low imo….. But I don't mind that, reminds me of my old JRC Stealth, always hanging bits off the spokes, glasses, head torch, rigs.. They come in handy for me...……. 

My little Jack Russel has been like a puppy for 5 years. It's only this year that he's really changed and grown up, much more obedient and a bit more chilled out. Now that I can trust him a bit more, I'll be taking him with me through the Winter..... Need a foot warmer lol.

Have you had any problems with it yet mate? Not sure how the sizes work but mines a 60" so hoping my 212cm x 90cm bedchair fits under it okay 😂 like you say the spokes come in handy for bits, always used to hang my rigs off of them 👍

Good luck with your jack Russell mate, mine was wild all the way up to the day she left me. Got to admit we've only been doing short sessions at the moment and after everything is set up, it's basically playing and training for the rest of the day 😂😂 she seen her first fish a while back and was expecting her to go nuts, but turned round to see what she's doing and she had bitten through the long lead and had her head in my food bag munching everything 😂😂😂 they are great company if you fish alone all the time though 👍👍

• 2 weeks later...

Just been to my Local Wigan Angling Direct treated myself to the JRC Kurve Slim indicator set, Nash Pin Point Claw Hooks and ESP Tungsten loadedin Brown...👍👍

Come back home n seen a letter from HMRC...heart sunk...

Opened it n a rebate of £662 🤩🤩🤩🤩...tried to boince around but not withthis Fractured Kneecap

On 22/10/2018 at 10:21, jh92 said:

how did you find the brolly mate? did you get it with the wrap for overnighters? im looking into getting one so just want to see what a proper unpaid review is saying about it!