Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

Not a purchase as such, but I've just sent 2 rods to my friendly rod builder for rebuild ( both spinning rods one of which is a 1960's Dam) as well as the top 2 sections of a cane pole for him to copy and ring so they can be elasticated... could be very pricey...

2 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

Mike hill soil? 

Mole Hill soil, not used it before but seen quite a few on YouTube using it. 

Just collect it from a fresh mole Hill run it through a riddle to remove all the stones and hard lumps and then mix all your chopped worm maggots and chopped prawn and the liquid of your choice and use as a ground bait. 

Supposedly it clouds up in the water with all your freebies and attracts the perch. 

I don't know if it works but worth a try, I'll let you know how I get on. 😀👍

3 hours ago, finchey said:

Mole Hill soil, not used it before but seen quite a few on YouTube using it. 

Just collect it from a fresh mole Hill run it through a riddle to remove all the stones and hard lumps and then mix all your chopped worm maggots and chopped prawn and the liquid of your choice and use as a ground bait. 

Supposedly it clouds up in the water with all your freebies and attracts the perch. 

I don't know if it works but worth a try, I'll let you know how I get on. 😀👍

If anything I suppose it's a free binder to get the perch feed out and on the spot easier at least. Been doing some ledgering for perch on the buzzers and had some nice ones. Nothing massive but great fun on the 0.75tc rods. Please do let me know how u get on. Intrigued!

1 minute ago, Dannygooner said:

If anything I suppose it's a free binder to get the perch feed out and on the spot easier at least. Been doing some ledgering for perch on the buzzers and had some nice ones. Nothing massive but great fun on the 0.75tc rods. Please do let me know how u get on. Intrigued!

I've also seen some guys using potting compost I suppose it works the same way but if I remember rightly the mole Hill soil has amino acids in from the worms that the moles feed on. 👍

I'm fishing two rods tomorrow one ledgering on the buzzer and the other float fishing, it's the first time I've actually targeted perch. 🤞

2 minutes ago, finchey said:

I've also seen some guys using potting compost I suppose it works the same way but if I remember rightly the mole Hill soil has amino acids in from the worms that the moles feed on. 👍

I'm fishing two rods tomorrow one ledgering on the buzzer and the other float fishing, it's the first time I've actually targeted perch. 🤞

I'm new to it too. But from what I have worked out is fixed rigs are no good on the leger. Soon as I put a low resistance run ring on I had proper takes. The less resistance the better. I also use a pike drop off but not essential

50 minutes ago, finchey said:

Good luck mate.

If your struggling during the day stick at it.

The last half hour before dark and the 1st hour after can really kick off .

Also if find the smaller ones the bigger ones won't be too far away.

7 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

I'm new to it too. But from what I have worked out is fixed rigs are no good on the leger. Soon as I put a low resistance run ring on I had proper takes. The less resistance the better. I also use a pike drop off but not essential

Yep that's the way I'm going low resistant rigs, nothing fixed or semi fixed just basic run ring and I've actually made my own front indicator very light vertically no weight at all open bailarm and a line clip, I might have to make some twicks to it on the bank but all part of the learning process for me. 👍

1 hour ago, yonny said:

It works for all species including carp buddy, a very underused tactic.

I used to use it for tench fishing, mixing molehill soil and chopped worm into my groundbait.

I have watched tench in clear water tearing the bottom weed up to get every last piece of food. A big lobworm over the top with a lift float used to catch me no end of big tench, carp and perch.

13 hours ago, finchey said:

Yep that's the way I'm going low resistant rigs, nothing fixed or semi fixed just basic run ring and I've actually made my own front indicator very light vertically no weight at all open bailarm and a line clip, I might have to make some twicks to it on the bank but all part of the learning process for me. 👍

How did you get on mate or are you still out on the bank?

2 hours ago, muftyboy said:

How did you get on mate or are you still out on the bank?

1 hour ago, Dannygooner said:

Can I use badger hill soil 😂😂😂. I saw lots of them on the dog walks today but no mole hills lol. @finchey how u get on mate? 

I had five perch nothing massive but a positive start to my new quest. 

1lb 2oz, 1lb 4oz, 1lb 9oz and 2 = 1lb 10oz.

I used my molehill groud bait whether it made any difference to my catching I don't know. 

ALL the fish came to lob worm not a touch on the prawns, 3 on the float rod 2 to the ledger, my front indicator that I made got converted to a rear drop off indicator and worked very well. DSC_0151.thumb.JPG.ce6397f2f76662a683274f9fad2fabf5.JPG

32 minutes ago, finchey said:

I used my molehill groud bait whether it made any difference to my catching I don't know. 

ALL the fish came to lob worm not a touch on the prawns, 3 on the float rod 2 to the ledger, my front indicator that I made got converted to a rear drop off indicator and worked very well. DSC_0151.thumb.JPG.ce6397f2f76662a683274f9fad2fabf5.JPG

Is that a lake or a river mate? That's a great days predator hunting you had there finch 

10 hours ago, finchey said:

That s a brilliant start mate and a good average size, must be bigger ones in there ?

1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

That s a brilliant start mate and a good average size, must be bigger ones in there ?

The biggest this year and witnessed by someone I know is 4lb 3oz, so hopefully I'll be back there very soon to try and catch a bigger one 😀

I was there for first light but they only started biting at 1:30 and i caught my last fish on my last worm at 5:00. So next time I will be taking more bait. 

Don't think I'll even bother with the prawns next time they weren't interested in them at all. 🤔

5 hours ago, finchey said:

The biggest this year and witnessed by someone I know is 4lb 3oz, so hopefully I'll be back there very soon to try and catch a bigger one 😀

I was there for first light but they only started biting at 1:30 and i caught my last fish on my last worm at 5:00. So next time I will be taking more bait. 

Don't think I'll even bother with the prawns next time they weren't interested in them at all. 🤔

What prawns were you using?

45 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Do you use them straight out the freezer or fresh mate?

These are the ones I use mate.

If I do have to buy frozen I defrost them the night before.

Screenshot_20190122-175003_Chrome.jpg

Edited by muftyboy
Forgot the photo