Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

Screenshot_20190203-111832_Gallery.thumb.jpg.597d4896af01ddd132b755af79b40313.jpgScreenshot_20190203-111816_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d0a9bb467284dfe30f770b60e0139778.jpg

not a purchase but an ask for off the wife for wedding anniversary...BUT would you pat the extra £20 or so for the Green Prologic suit...also seen with a free prologic beanie for £70.

Aldi also doin..Fishing Socks..Hoddies..Sweaters..Boots..Wellies

It's been a big week for me stocking up with t'other brother to get into carping:

So far....
2 Shimano XTE-A 10000
3 Daiwa Mission DF
1 Daiwa Mission Spod/Marker
Shimano Aero Specimen 18lb line
Abode Carp Chair
4 Titanium bank sticks
Sonik SKX Bite Alarms
3 BZS Aluminium butt rests

Next in line is some light weight buzz bars, end tackle, bait and some cooking gear and trying to find a compact rod holdall (maybe the Trakker 5 rod) and Daiwa Mission 110l pack. Unless I have the bivvy or bed chair out then I should be as mobile as possible - so I can nick those fishing when everyone else is trying to get packed up. Still not decided if I'm going with or without barrow - maybe as the mood takes me....

4 hours ago, The Anglin' Brothers said:

I should be as mobile as possible - so I can nick those fishing when everyone else is trying to get packed up. Still not decided if I'm going with or without barrow - maybe as the mood takes me....

That's the single biggest edge you can have on pressured waters imo - the ability to react to what's happening that little bit quicker than everyone else.

I'd say that regardless of whether you have the bivvy or bed chair out, so imo you really do need a barrow.

I'm tend to agree mate but I think it depends on the places I'm fishing as well. If you end up in a rainy October trying to drag a haul the barrow through a load of mud it might be easier to walk.  Stiles being the other obstacle that springs to mind. I used to fish some big reservoirs and there was a lot of log fall across paths, parts where you needed to find a path and parts where is was waterlogged by a couple of inches. Of course YMMV, even day to day.

I'm certainly not disagreeing though, with or without a bivvy and bed chair on on the right water fishing straight off the barrow could well be the quickest way of reeling in and moving on. 

5 hours ago, The Anglin' Brothers said:

It's been a big week for me stocking up with t'other brother to get into carping:

So far....
2 Shimano XTE-A 10000
3 Daiwa Mission DF
1 Daiwa Mission Spod/Marker
Shimano Aero Specimen 18lb line
Abode Carp Chair
4 Titanium bank sticks
Sonik SKX Bite Alarms
3 BZS Aluminium butt rests

Next in line is some light weight buzz bars, end tackle, bait and some cooking gear and trying to find a compact rod holdall (maybe the Trakker 5 rod) and Daiwa Mission 110l pack. Unless I have the bivvy or bed chair out then I should be as mobile as possible - so I can nick those fishing when everyone else is trying to get packed up. Still not decided if I'm going with or without barrow - maybe as the mood takes me....

After having a 90l bag  I found I just filled it pointless rubbish.  

110l is huge.. are you gonna need something that big 

Out of interest, what did you have in your bag? For sure I'm open to suggestions

So far I think mine will have..... (bottom to top)
Sleeping bag
Dry clothes if I think I need it
Brewing up stuff and snap
Powerbank and tunes (I promise to by quiet ;) )
Camera gear
Buzz bars
Alarms
Carp care (should probably just go under the sleeping bag - blankety blank)
Catapult/Throwing Stick/Spomb
Bait (mesh boilie bags/glugs/pop ups/zigs
Leads
Rig box

That's off the top of my head. Can't think what else right now, too late in the day for me. 

1 hour ago, The Anglin' Brothers said:

Out of interest, what did you have in your bag? For sure I'm open to suggestions

So far I think mine will have..... (bottom to top)
Sleeping bag
Dry clothes if I think I need it
Brewing up stuff and snap
Powerbank and tunes (I promise to by quiet ;) )
Camera gear
Buzz bars
Alarms
Carp care (should probably just go under the sleeping bag - blankety blank)
Catapult/Throwing Stick/Spomb
Bait (mesh boilie bags/glugs/pop ups/zigs
Leads
Rig box

That's off the top of my head. Can't think what else right now, too late in the day for me. 

Of the tip if my head 

Air shroud 

Lead pouch 

Tackle pouch 

Pop up pouch like

Pir alarm 

Large pouch containing  head torch batteries   that sort of thing 

8 or some stupid  amount of Bank sticks.

Buzz bars 

2 throwing sticks 

4-5spombs 

2 catty.

I've now  gone down to a saber compact rucksack    (and carry my shroud  cooking stuff   separately  now as i dont need them on ahort sessions )and much prefer it. Having a big bag is ok but it a massive pain if you need to get down to the bottum of it a hurry. 

I never eat much and don't drink much tea so if I pack it right then it can stay in the bottom for the most part. Will try and pack it right so I shouldn't need much towards the bottom in a rush.

Maybe the ground sheet folded up as a separation layer if the bivvy is coming out as they don't fit in the same bag very well (* me on a bank swearing at it as I'm trying to pack it in a gale). I can't see me needing the outer skin until Oct/Nov time.

Just trying to keep things the same as much as possible, rivers, pits, res, day or night. That way I can sneak in more hours on the bag and less hours at home pillocking about with this stuff. ETTO

2 minutes ago, The Anglin' Brothers said:

I never eat much and don't drink much tea so if I pack it right then it can stay in the bottom for the most part. Will try and pack it right so I shouldn't need much towards the bottom in a rush.

Maybe the ground sheet folded up as a separation layer if the bivvy is coming out as they don't fit in the same bag very well (* me on a bank swearing at it as I'm trying to pack it in a gale). I can't see me needing the outer skin until Oct/Nov time.

Just trying to keep things the same as much as possible, rivers, pits, res, day or night. That way I can sneak in more hours on the bag and less hours at home pillocking about with this stuff. ETTO

If your going light why take a groundsheet...  i know it might only be a kilo or two but they all add up. 

Would it not make more sense to get brolly  then a bivvy. Lighter and so much quicker to put up 

1 hour ago, The Anglin' Brothers said:

Already got a bivvy mate but a brolly would certainly makes sense! Will figure out what it all comes in as and how to pack when it's in front of me and I've got a few small bags kicking about I can use to get started. Not rushing into a decision just yet on it all. 

As will all things just need to find your own with it. I started with 90l then went to a 40l esp one and now on a tiny one

53 minutes ago, yonny said:

Me too. Started with some massive Trakker thing then worked my way down to a 30l British Army Patrol Pack.

You'll need the trakker for all that baby gear!! 

How's it going mate? 

My daughter's been admitted, 5cm dilated, so ol grandad has to get his backside to Southampton. 

14 hours ago, commonly said:

You'll need the trakker for all that baby gear!! 

How's it going mate? 

Ha! All good here mate, she's full term as of today so at some point in the next 4 weeks it's gonna happen!!

14 hours ago, commonly said:

My daughter's been admitted, 5cm dilated, so ol grandad has to get his backside to Southampton. 

Excellent! Best of luck to you and yours my friend!

On 05/02/2019 at 09:08, commonly said:

Pleased to hear all is well your end, the wait is definitely worth it!! 

It's the only reason I can think that we are all here for! & having epic scraps with fish!! 

And dogs..  God had a good day when he gave us dogs 

This week purchase 12.5kg bag of tigers  should see he though  for a while. 

And  the stuff to make my shed mouse proof. 

Oh plus a deeper plus pro my mate was selling his off as he doesn't really go fishing will be just the ticket for  finding spot for river evenings 

Keeping looking at a bigger shelter too the height of the lo pro is starting   to annoy me when its raining..thinking about a hideout or a  tempset

Edited by Tree123