Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

4 minutes ago, finchey said:

Not really a purchase but birthday  prezzies of my lovely wife. 😘

Wychwood 2 avx-s alarms plus receiver, And an NGT profiler pod. _20190219_191347.JPG.a62a20fa4ac27d5180f8c5bffa1449e1.JPG_20190219_191420.thumb.JPG.e220a9d6f8df209693092cc7ba9c1460.JPG

If the alarms are as good as my old solace ones your  on a winner

10 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

If the alarms are as good as my old solace ones your  on a winner

I've had the signature alarms for years they've never let me down, so that was the reason I chose these. 

Hopefully these will be as good 👍

20 minutes ago, finchey said:

Wychwood 2 avx-s alarms plus receiver. _20190219_191347.JPG.a62a20fa4ac27d5180f8c5bffa1449e1.JPG

A lad at work has these...when i was last out with him something funny happened.

2 other lads came on the lake n 1 noticed he had the same alarms also...as we were all in my mates peg havin a brew his receiver was bleeping n colour showing purple...dont even have a purple alarm...watchin the rods n no movement but bleep bleep bleep n lighting reciever...

What had happened is that my mates reciever also picked up the other lads alarms...🤔🤔

Edited by Highy

2 minutes ago, Highy said:

A lad at work has these...when i was last out with him something funny happened.

2 other lads came on the lake n 1 noticed he had the same alarms also...as we were all in my mates peg havin a brew his receiver was bleeping n colour showing purple...watchin the rods n no movement but bleep bleep bleep n lighting reciever...

What had happened is that my mates reciever also picked up the other lads alarms...🤔🤔

There are different channels on the alarms and receiver so if that happens you can change them. 

So hopefully they'll be OK. 👍 

3 minutes ago, Old school said:

Where did you get the log? Like the look of that 

Ebay mate, I just searched fishing log book and there were quite a lot but I thought this one was the best for me. 👍

On 19/02/2019 at 19:53, finchey said:

There are different channels on the alarms and receiver so if that happens you can change them. 

So hopefully they'll be OK. 👍 

On 19/02/2019 at 19:28, finchey said:

Not really a purchase but birthday  prezzies of my lovely wife. 😘

Wychwood 2 avx-s alarms plus receiver, And an NGT profiler pod. _20190219_191347.JPG.a62a20fa4ac27d5180f8c5bffa1449e1.JPG_20190219_191420.thumb.JPG.e220a9d6f8df209693092cc7ba9c1460.JPG

How getting on with alarms I'm looking to get a new set. But cant afford anything too posh at the moment as hoping to get a tempset brolly this month too. 

It's that time of year again....

Spring is in the air, French trip on the horizon, hours spent trawling various tackle websites finding those odd little items that I think "How have I ever managed without one of those before".

So you order them, and before you know it, all those little £4.95's have become £100.00 or more. and at the end of the season you found out how you managed without them, because you never got round to actually using them!!

So they are relegated to the bottom drawer upstairs, never to see the light of day again.

Christ on a Bike. If I had a £ for every item of tackle I'd ever bought that I never used, I could have the next 6 months off of work.

🙄🙄🙄

Edited by smufter

1 hour ago, Tree123 said:

How getting on with alarms I'm looking to get a new set. But cant afford anything too posh at the moment as hoping to get a tempset brolly this month too. 

Only used them once so far, I personally really like them but I've had wychwood alarms for year so I've not really had anything else to compare them to. 

When I was fishing there wasn't anyone else on the lake using the same alarms to cause interference if that does happen I'm hoping that by charging the channel I will be able to sort that out. 

The alarms themselves they have volume control, tone and something none of the cheaper alarms have which is sensitivity. I personally think for the money they are spot on.👍 

That's all I can tell you so far, I should be fishing again tomorrow if anything changes and hate the things I will let you know. 😂

1 hour ago, Tree123 said:

2 atts  with receiver and spare wheels and batteries for 80 quid

Great bits of kit. Had mine for 4 years, no issues in all weather. Only changed batteries once. 

They look the dogs too. 😉 

6 minutes ago, commonly said:

Great bits of kit. Had mine for 4 years, no issues in all weather. Only changed batteries once. 

Yeah plus is you have any issues you can just then back and get them repaired unlike  the other  alarms I was looking at. 

6 minutes ago, commonly said:

Yeah plus is you have any issues you can just then back and get them repaired unlike  the other  alarms I was looking at. 

I looked at the possibility of changing them, before I brought them.

To be fair I haven't given it any thought since, still got factory fitted 2 mag. I know when it's a bite over a liner. 

Personally think the 4 mags is the way to go with them , double the indication & still no false bites . On a c.com social years back I was on a double peg for the second part of the week with a fellow att user who was on two mags , we swapped a wheel over for him to try as he was worried about false indication with the 4 mags , he had already ordered a set before he got home . 

I definitely think I've hit more fish after changing them , what was a single bleep became a double .... obviously doesn't matter with a screamer,  but those suttle  pick ups definitely helps .