What is your newest purchase

After alot of searching for 2 rod goal post buzz bars...i found the Cygnet or Fox bars for £30 each...(set)

By chance i had 1 last look... before was gonna go A.D for 1 of the buzz sets...came across KNX 2 rod pod on the bay...starting auction 99p 24hr...messaged him all about it...near perfect used 4 times...sent pics...offered £30...JOB DONE. Delivering tomoz.

Edited by Highy
  • Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Highy said:

After alot of searching for 2 rod goal post buzz bars...i found the Cygnet or Fox bars for £30 each...(set)

By chance i had 1 last look... before was gonna go A.D for 1 of the buzz sets...came across KNX 2 rod pod on the bay...starting auction 99p 24hr...messaged him all about it...near perfect used 4 times...sent pics...offered £30...JOB DONE. Delivering tomoz.

Hope you get a decent one mate, I've got the 3 rod version and it's like a 3 year old has made it. All the legs are different lengths and the goal posts didn't like up with the pod properly making it look twisted 🙄

37 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Hope you get a decent one mate, I've got the 3 rod version and it's like a 3 year old has made it. All the legs are different lengths and the goal posts didn't like up with the pod properly making it look twisted 🙄

We'll see later...mate has the 2 rod also but changed the legs to the cygnet sticks.

12 hours ago, jh92 said:

20190514_201614.thumb.jpg.9abba2db15042c1af75cb443be2e83a3.jpg

Dropped off and well impressed so far...shame the actual pod base doesn't fit in buzz bar bag...buzz bars do but not base.

6 minutes ago, Leonard said:

How is that NOT going to slide over the front of a stage on a fast take?

This ONLY suits grass swims, where you might as well use banksticks

This is what I don't like about pods.. what is the point?

At least have a steel one with the legs splayed outwards, providing a bit of forward grip and ballast from the weight of all the steel, but in fact that setup is crying for most of the pod to be binned and some stage stands brought in

I would never so much as look at a lightweight pod again, I have an extreme dislike for any form of cheap bankware and my advice to any newbie would be to spend heavily on expensive sticks, bars and stands, then wait and see if you ever need to spend any again (you won't)

What a mate does is lower the pod base and put a peg (silver) on the rear base unit.IMG-20190310-WA0003.thumb.jpg.4141c8ba4f4c7289be12a1592a24302e.jpg

Also on stages is make it so the legs fit/slot in a gap between the wood.IMG-20190221-WA0009.thumb.jpg.3256d62401ce317509a1cf274ab9fa44.jpg

24 minutes ago, Leonard said:

At least have a steel one with the legs splayed outwards, providing a bit of forward grip and ballast from the weight of all the steel, but in fact that setup is crying for most of the pod to be binned and some stage stands brought in

I would never so much as look at a lightweight pod again, I have an extreme dislike for any form of cheap bankware and my advice to any newbie would be to spend heavily on expensive sticks, bars and stands, then wait and see if you ever need to spend any again (you won't)

Will your £350 bank sticks catch you more fish? I very much doubt it. But hey at least your rods will look "sexy".  After seeing top anglers such as Terry Hearn using building bricks or anything else they can get there hands on as rear rod rests I very much doubt the importance of such pricey sticks but hey each to there own. 

Edited by Its-grim-up-north
1 hour ago, Leonard said:

I would never so much as look at a lightweight pod again, I have an extreme dislike for any form of cheap bankware, as it is unreliable.. You just cannot skimp on it, a lightweight bankstick is as good for your fishing as a piece of rubbish, which is what it will end up as in a few trips time, and my advice to any newbie would be to spend heavily on expensive sticks, bars and stands, then wait and see if you ever need to spend any again (you won't)

What a load of twaddle!

I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks, with goalpost or central sticks. 

At times I only used the front bars with buzzers on.

If you buy right you do NOT need to spend shed loads on gear. 

In other posts you compare Terry Hearn, when you can catch as much and as well as he does, then I might take your posts seriously. Until then I'l just keep an eye on what you post for approval.

image.jpeg

I couldnt justify spending £350 on banksticks and tarty buzzer bars that you probably need to close your reel handles to use , I would rather buy something else that was more fun or useful, I mainly use my old fox ones with fox buzzer bars they have served me well , I have recently got a couple of storm poles for when I need to place them in the water, there may come a time when I need a pod but it hasn't happened yet, but again I wouldn't spend a fortune and like Highy suggests there are fixes for little teething troubles if you can be bothered to solve the problems that arise 

3 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Looks smart mate, are them sonik alarms good? I'm thinking of getting a set, one of my delks fell victim to the dog 😭😂

Yeh love em...had em a while now...been in hail..snow..frozen and even dropped in lake and still work fine.

You get a set of 3 (red white blue) with receiver and bivvy light...if you look well enough you can pick up for about £100 and there is a 4th (orange) alarm you can buy too (i have).

30 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I like the sonik alarms I have the all purple set from total fishing tackle, i don't get confused which rod is going off either as I counteract this by angling so badly that none of them go off so it's fine :)

You get the Cygnet bobbins free too with em...i like the all blue set too myself.

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

Looks smart mate, are them sonik alarms good? I'm thinking of getting a set, one of my delks fell victim to the dog 😭😂

Do u have a bag for ure pod or u just carry ir...Alarms are on bars n sticks as goal posts in a buzz bar bag but the base is 53cm long.

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Do u have a bag for ure pod or u just carry ir...Alarms are on bars n sticks as goal posts in a buzz bar bag but the base is 53cm long.

It all goes in the side of my rod bag, I leave the but rests on the buzz bar but take the alarms and bobbins off the other one and put them in another bag.

A bit of a drag setting up every time but I've seen them get broke when left set up and packed away on the buzz bar lol. 

Personally though I only use the pod if I'm fishing 3 rods, I normally fish 2 and use bank sticks 👍

46 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Matrix UK handmade solid steel Snag Bars!?

I used to use Matrix stainless but ditched it to save weight. Some of the modern carbon and ali equivalents are so much lighter and just as well made. I see Matrix have bought out there own Blackout ali range.

Titanium is the real daddy imo, has the weight of ali with the strength of stainless. Like stainless it's pricey but worth every penny imo.

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

people mentioning using bricks as butt rests, which is apparently good as ''Terry does it''

Why would I want to do that (just to look cool and 'bank trampy' no doubt) when I have neat, purpose made highly expensive and lovely Matrix UK handmade solid steel Snag Bars!?

I love being a tackle tart. I love how it all looks and I fish better when I have pride in how fantastic, neat and level my highly expensive, beautiful steel setup is.

I couldn't give a damn how terry hearn does this and terry hearn does that, I am not one for hero worship personally, especially in something so diverse and open and fluid as fishing. Many anglers who don't seek publicity for ego purposes have, do, and could have caught the fish he did had they too had the luck and pulled the strokes he did, and the rest which I shall not mention but I have on good authority

Wow Leonard you've really stuck your head out there - cussing the legend that is Terry Hearn

Happens to be my angling hero, always will be.

I wont put my rod butts on the ground or on bricks, dirty Torrix are not carpy one bit!!! 😊

13 minutes ago, yonny said:

I used to use Matrix stainless but ditched it to save weight. Some of the modern carbon and ali equivalents are so much lighter and just as well made. I see Matrix have bought out there own Blackout ali range.

Titanium is the real daddy imo, has the weight of ali with the strength of stainless. Like stainless it's pricey but worth every penny imo.

My mates got the black lightweight JAG pod with all the extras, very expensive but very light and looks sick!!!

I'd never buy Stainless - crazy heavy, not even suitable for fishing if were honest.

Edited by kevtaylor