Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

30 minutes ago, carpyian said:

don't lug or rag worm bite or when I was young was I just getting my leg pulled 

Tap them on the head and the pincers come out 

then just impale them on the hook 

gory really lol

16 hours ago, oscsha said:

ragworm will bite , had some massive king rag when on holiday in wales  once ,the wrasse loved em .

I use to love wrasse fishing,  I really must do some this year. 

20190525_095132.thumb.jpg.2b185a18049a0907e3442805110db7e9.jpg20190525_095114.thumb.jpg.a5a69841014816c17c6c1ebf56844ab8.jpg20190525_095149.thumb.jpg.0e5e249c7dc2ab9eb24d7f3e13198741.jpg

All done and setup...it is the MK2 System Brolly.

1. Used a FULL ltr fabsil on it...

2. There is a screw thread missing for the front storm poles on the left front arm u der rod strap is it worth getting the screw thread ?

3. In the middle of the brolly on the part that extends the arms. Is it worth trying to Preserve?

Other than that..Awsome.

Edited by Highy

Ahh think I get it now RE: number 3 , I would just spray that with Fabsil ,if nothing else it will tone down the surface rust , I wouldnt personally use any sprays like WD40

Well Done tree you reminded me of my latest purchase I got my girls a whip £4 at a car boot, its better than any whip I had as a kid so light it's pukka and a bargain, we are taking them to a local club coaching session on Sunday when I saw it I needed it :)

15591447968322428689434743134301.jpg

21 hours ago, Old school said:

bought a daiwa powermesh 9ft stalking rod with a shimano st2500fb, loving the small rod 

I've had my scope swan off for a few months now and not used it once but going out this weekend to use it. 

Shop I went into today had a korum snapper net on sale today  for 30 quid 

Also selling off a load of  single treble snap tackles.

so i grabbed a net  and  a load of  traces  ready for winter, cant be piking season soon enough. 

Had a reasonable month at work so rewarded myself with a new chair as my sonik was getting a bit painful on my bot. Trakker Levelite Transformer. Be handy as it will free up a bit of room in the brolly if it lobs it down 

Ordered  my self a drop not and some sea hooks   and  livenait pump and bucket  as planning on making a shrimp net  and going  to do some evenings  float fishing live shrimp of a pier or local habour

Edited by Tree123

On 30/05/2019 at 19:36, smufter said:

Had a reasonable month at work so rewarded myself with a new chair as my sonik was getting a bit painful on my bot.

Hi Smuft...is it 1 of the newer Sonik chairs...looking at a new chair for myself and gonna give little en mine for when he comes.

13 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

I got some but with a weight on the central tube through the feeder. Works very well, fish really attack the feeder to get everything, especially with a stiff mix, but can lead to 'false' takes. 

I've been fishing them on my local water recently.

I can imagine in flowing water the feeder holds the mix better than an open feeder, but I wouldn't fish it if rubbermouth chub are about; I have had them pick up a feeder and run without taking the hook in the mouth.

17 hours ago, Highy said:

Hi Smuft...is it 1 of the newer Sonik chairs...looking at a new chair for myself and gonna give little en mine for when he comes.

I think my sonik one is a little tough for long sits I might make a cushion for it, 

Just been Down to the local club lake with my daughter and best mate with his son to do an coaching session for them we hauled the rudd and they loved it my girl was a bit reluctant to start with but caught a few loved playing with the maggots and even held the fish, so I presented her with the £4 whip, let's hope this is the start of a lifelong obsession for her, I think I might join so I can take her down there, I may even be able to catch the odd carp from it too :)

On 01/06/2019 at 20:35, Highy said:

It was the Sonik SKS chair mate. Nice chair, reasonably comfy, and I particularly liked the locking leg mechanism as I have a habit of collapsing chairs lol! The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't lock it closed and it has a habit of coming open when you're carrying it. 

But I've always fancied a Trakker so thought "Why not".... the only thing I'm concerned about is that the Trakker doesn't lock the legs into place. But I guess I'll just have to be a bit more careful when I move it around. But it does have straps fitted so you can lock it closed.

1 minute ago, dayvid said:

I now proudly possess a Deeper Pro Plus , havnt had time to try it out this weekend , but fingers crossed for next weekend .

dayvid please report back once you have used it as im interested in getting one of those if they are any good with reception 

I’ve bought one .... last wk.... I have limited time and sand pits that go 60ft + deep...... if I’m cheating then I’ll take that on board..... embrace technology..... the only people who hate it are dole cheat skin flints 😉🙄😬😎😎🎣  

13 hours ago, dayvid said:

I now proudly possess a Deeper Pro Plus , havnt had time to try it out this weekend , but fingers crossed for next weekend .

I managed to get 80% of an 8 acre lake bathymetric mapped in a couple of afternoons, battery went flat on the Deeper after 4.5 hours continual use

Often thought about getting a fish finder myself, chances are i would rarely use it another bottom of the tackle box item. plus i can't make head nor tail out of the display screen pictures i have looked at.

I actually got the marker rod out last week as i was fishing open water with one rod and wanted to find a weed bed. my other rod was going to a island just to the left of my swin. when i was bringing the marker lead through my swim i picked up a guys line who was still asleep five pegs to the right of me, he had cast down to the island the night before, i doubt a fish finder would of picked it up.  i could hear his alarm going i new i had picked up his line, lol.