Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

6 hours ago, commonly said:

I take it you have the sirens nige?

Had a quick look, looks like I need a few extra bits to make them work on my atts. So basically a rigid bar with a heavy weight? 

Yes mate. You can buy hockey sticks for them if you don’t have sirens. 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I tend to just brush it  it think a blower may be the solution though :)

Definitely makes it easier. Had a win on the grand national last year, so treated myself. Screw fix £80-90 vac or blow, blow is the easiest. 

good old tiger roll, I used to bet quite a lot on the nags, Ive given up for now though I was spending far too much time researching, making spreadsheets and trying to beat the bookie that it was taking over my life, much like fishing is again 😀

had some good wins and bad losses but I never got to the point where I could retire early 😁

1 minute ago, commonly said:

I only ever give the bookies a few quid on the national.

I only ever seem to get one type of luck, so swerved the gambling bug. 

Betting on horses is similar to anything else really the harder you work the luckier you get, the hardest part to master is the mental game and taking the emotion out of it, 

A good friend of mine bets on footy accumulators, he does OK, but in my mind the only winner doesn't walk through the front door!!

The Chinese are always in there playing those roulette machines, he reckons they spend bundles on them, 🤪 I throw a few quid in a fruit machine every now and then, but as I said I'm not particularly lucky. £20 on the national is all I'm willing to part with. 

I'm sure you're right and fortune favours the brave! Or so they say😉

those roulette machines are designed to empty the players pockets, there was a government ruling last year making the maximum stake £2 as before it was £100 which in effect meant you could lose thousands in a matter of minutes, 

Bookies also love accumulaters because more often than not people lose on them, 

There are ways to beat them but to do it consistently takes time and a lot of effort and if you are too successful they simply close your account, they only like long term losers 

3 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

I like a bet....... £15/20 a week......

But you never see a bookie riding a bike 🤔😉😂😂

What do you bet on?

And that's because it's all set up for them not to lose, any good bookmaker shouldn't be losing too much as he already has the odds stacked in his favour, thing is as a punter you don't have to bet in every race/event just when you have an edge 

46 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

What do you bet on?

And that's because it's all set up for them not to lose, any good bookmaker shouldn't be losing too much as he already has the odds stacked in his favour, thing is as a punter you don't have to bet in every race/event just when you have an edge 

I use to do the nags years ago,but mainly footy bets tbh. Too many dodgy races put me off the horses

11 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

I use to do the nags years ago,but mainly footy bets tbh. Too many dodgy races put me off the horses

That was all part of the Learning curve for me trying to find those trainers who liked to throw a spanner in the works, that was always where you could find a nice big priced winner, they don't happen everyday though, bookies are clued up on football nowadays and they don't make many mistakes with the pricing of a match 

7 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

That was all part of the Learning curve for me trying to find those trainers who liked to throw a spanner in the works, that was always where you could find a nice big priced winner, they don't happen everyday though, bookies are clued up on football nowadays and they don't make many mistakes with the pricing of a match 

We use to put bets on for my mates nan in the mid 80,s she was a game old girl who luved a flutter she was in her 80,s back then and she was a decent gambler. She always told us to keep an eye on a yard that had had a bad season and when the flat or jumps was coming to end back on the yard that was struggling as she put it “ They’ll be having a few big winners to pay for the hay and the stable lads” we use to laff it off but the amount of decent priced winners she would have following that system was uncanny and she was adamant that barring the big meetings the racing was rigged....... I’m sure she worked at a yard in the 30,s but my memory could be playing tricks with me. 

She also had this old stinky rabbit foot that had gone yellow on the end as she’d rub it on her slips before her horses run....... she was a funny old girl 😂😂😬😎 

Makes a lot of sense to me, there are always little things that trainers do, races they like to win, and I agree some horses will be trying harder than others, not sure about the rabbit foot though, 🤔

but I bet if you had it now it would be attached to your rear buzzer bar 😁😀😀

30 minutes ago, framey said:

Mugs game only ever going to be one winner

but if it makes you happy then good luck to ya

Not really sure I agree I had lots of good times and paid for a couple of holidays out of the profits and spent a lot of time playing with bookies money rather than mine, but a lot of people go into it with that attitude, and they don't expect to win,and then they don't, its the same In all walks of life tbh, if you want to be successful at something you have to work at it, learn all you can, work hard and grind it out learning as you go, until you are the best you can be,

I have stopped betting for now as I don't have the time or the energy, ultimately it was too much pressure with little ones work and I was getting too stressed to make good decisions so i decided to stop (i never said it was easy) 

Carp angling is the same if you fish a challenging water you have to learn to beat it or it will beat you, take the small victories until you succeed and learn from the defeats, if you go in thinking you are gonna blank you probably will, I am enjoying the challenge of fishing I find it a lot more relaxing tbh than spending hours looking at computer screens, it might never make me rich but I will get some satisfaction from it and hopefully the rewards of some big old carp 

only gambling I do is the lotto every now and again and the odd scratch card but the odds on me winning are none or one in millions so im not holding my breath prob more chance of catching a 90lb british carp lol

Edited by carpyian

3 minutes ago, carpyian said:

only gambling I do is the lotto every now and again and the odd scratch card but the odds on me winning are none or one in millions so im not holding my breath prob more chance of catching a 90lb british carp lol

1 in 45 million chance  I think nowadays good luck though, but a 90lb UK carp will happen one day I should think :)