What is your newest purchase

I'll be down my field practicing the technique when I get a chance .... The lads will tell you that I was sending the lead to outer space rather than the horizon lol

If you own your own field Phil , why dont you dig a big 'ole & fill it with water then you can buy a few of them wrong un's from the other thread and happy days :)

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

listen up lads and i will impart the secret!! tuck the rods under your arm and just walk in like nothing is different, as you walk by the shoe stand just casually look down and say out loud,, NEW SHOE

Posted Images

Yes mate , we did the casting day on my land .

Already got plans for a lake at some point , We walked over to where I have in mind , between two very old tree lines . I've actually got someone lined up to do all the work , but it would mean giving up the out right ownership of the finished lake , which is a very big decision.

Yes mate , we did the casting day on my land .

Already got plans for a lake at some point , We walked over to where I have in mind , between two very old tree lines . I've actually got someone lined up to do all the work , but it would mean giving up the out right ownership of the finished lake , which is a very big decision.

Wow Phil i never knew i was telekinetic .

Hows that for coincidence eh cos i was only kidding .

I might be able to make a few quid out of this :wink:

I've used my friends 3lb's an they were more than adequate for a 150yrd cast, so just to make sure I wouldn't be out gunned I decided on the 3.5lb tc's

http://www.daiwasports.co.uk/product/rods/carp/theory-carp

To be hitting a measured 150 you must be a pretty good caster. 30 yards further than their maximum range.

I could only hit 110 max 10 yards below what is their maximum range on the 3lb.

Newest purchase? Several batteries for alarms, receiver, bivvy lantern and small radio.

Off to Horseshoe Lake, Lechlade, next Friday for a few days/nights in the company of several others, Phil and Androoo included.

I'm hoping that the alarm batteries turn out to be an investment. :wink:

Ian

I'm guessing by your name that your a welder haha

Newest purchase? Several batteries for alarms, receiver, bivvy lantern and small radio.

Off to Horseshoe Lake, Lechlade, next Friday for a few days/nights in the company of several others, Phil and Androoo included.

Ian

Ian

I'm guessing by your name that your a welder haha

No, he works in Walmart :P:wink:

Couple of bits to help tackle my new synd, bought on a budget as per usual :wink:

Daiwa Waders (Cheapo ones that I don't expect to last forever but hopefully I should get some good use out of them, they came with a repair patch and glue which is always confidence inspiring lol)

2 x Cygnet Sniper Bank Sticks (one in 24-46" and on in 30-58" for setting up rods in the margins)

What if boats are banned and you can only fish from certain areas on the bank, surly you wouldn't want to write off being able to cast to where the fish are if they happen to be that far out? I mean you may be able to bait a spot with signs of fish but from the banks that you cannot fish from, then you could cast from the fishing banks but require that distance to reach the spot?

Just playing devils advocate mind as I couldn't hope to cast anywhere near that yet.

CM I don't want to get into another full discussion on it. There was a post about it that went on for sometime with different views.

To me it's adding adaptability to my fishing if I see fish at range and being able to get a bait out there. I don't want to be casting 100+ yards for the sake of it or because I can. It's an option and I think being adaptable to the situations your faced with will put more fish on the bank.

My session after that weekend, I stalked a target fish at 4 foot out. I didn't need to cast, I got the fish in feeding close up.

Reacting to what's happening and what you're seeing are in my eyes fundamental to banking fish. if the fish are at 20 yards fish at 20 yards, if there at 50 fish at 50 and so on.

I only ask as there is one area on the lake I have started that is round the back of the island, this looks like a great place for the fish to hold and has a lot of signs on it while I have been down there. Which is understandable as you cannot fish from the bank that would access it so the fish will have never encountered lines or anything to spook them. As it is a low stock and hard lake to fish would you not rather ensure you are putting your rigs where the fish are rather than casting a comfortable distance to where they aren't?

Again just playing devil's advocate and I get that convincing folk they need to cast to the horizon if they want to catch more will help generate sales of all this big pit and long casting rods. However I think writing long distance fishing off completely could cheat you out of a bite if the fish don't visit the areas that are in comfortable range as they are used to seeing lines in the water in that area?