Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

3 esp mini butt grips (large for cork ) 

I forgot to mention on the day j managed to not take a photo, I also managed to break 3 butt grips 😫 all old or cheapo ones but 3 was excessive 

First one while screwing in the single bankstick , second one putting the rod in the same bankstick once I had removed the last one ,then last one on the other bankstick as I unscrewed it to pack up, 😁

I had known I needed new ones for a while, but I think the carp god's were trying to tell me something that day 

Even better this week I got my tax rebate, so Season Ticket for my local reservoir paid for.

350 acre reservoir, unknown carp stocks, some big roach (I had some 2's 3 years ago), tench and pike along with a few bream.

56 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Even better this week I got my tax rebate, so Season Ticket for my local reservoir paid for.

350 acre reservoir, unknown carp stocks, some big roach (I had some 2's 3 years ago), tench and pike along with a few bream.

Have you done the lotto nick ?

Glad you are having a good week, are you sure that's not the sea off of Felixstowe docks :)

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 19:55, elmoputney said:

Went Crocker's today and became very middle aged 

2.99 in Aldi thought im having some practical fishing slippers and I may even keep my socks on  :)

15636488204842677861492264840960.jpg

Just bought a pair of genuine Crocs in Real Tree 😀

Had a pair of the cheaper ones but the soles were to thin which allowed the stones dig in , these new ones are excellent

14 hours ago, Highy said:

Any opinions before i buy ?? Any good ??

All isotopes are manufactured by 2 companies worldwide using the same chemicals so there is no such thing as a good or bad isotope as such, they are all the same. However, colour is important - all isotopes, i.e the chemicals themselves, are green. Therefore any colour other than green has had something added to it to change the colour, this in turn dulls the isotope.

So essentially you can get any green isotope and assuming it's not more that 10 or 15 years old it will be perfectly ok. 

2 hours ago, yonny said:

All isotopes are manufactured by 2 companies worldwide using the same chemicals so there is no such thing as a good or bad isotope as such, they are all the same. However, colour is important - all isotopes, i.e the chemicals themselves, are green. Therefore any colour other than green has had something added to it to change the colour, this in turn dulls the isotope.

So essentially you can get any green isotope and assuming it's not more that 10 or 15 years old it will be perfectly ok. 

12 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Yeah don’t bother with the coloured ones mate. Complete waste of time and money unless you’re within 6 foot of them. Even then they look very dull in comparison 

Wot reckon to White Isotopes...in a Red Blue Yellow chamber ??

Korda 5.5" booms and Korda size 8/6 Loop hooklinks.... made up some bottom bait rigs for a forthcoming trip to Berners' Meadows lake got some 5.5" swivel booms for my Ronnies  too.

I'm not normally a fan of Korda's gear as I feel it's massively overpriced/packaged for what you get, but I've not seen the booms anywhere else and my eyes are too poor to see to tie the rigs anymore... so hey ho... 

Well, the new Prologic Bat+ alarms turned up on Friday. Had a quick look at them and I've got to be honest I am seriously tempted to keep them myself and pass my JRC's on to my Son!!😲😲😲

For the price they are superbly put together, they have that nice "rubberised" feel to them, and feel like they'd last a lifetime.

The only thing I'm not keen on is the fact that they don't have a toggle on/off switch, which I prefer, but I could always get around this by using them on their lowest volume setting, or even in silent mode, and just listen out for them via the receiver. I could just switch the receiver off when I'm adjusting bobbins etc. so that I don't annoy the neighbours, and switch it back on again when I've sorted everything out.

They really are that good!!!!

Bats.jpg

27 minutes ago, harpz_31 said:

sick of mice chewing holes

Get on FB and search 'rat bag'. They're stainless air-dry bags, a bit like chain mail. They seem pricey at first (20 odd quid for the big one) but believe me they are a bargain. I was getting though several normal air dry bags per year so switched to the rat bags (maybe 5 or 6 years ago) and they're still going strong. Therefore they work out very cheap.

11 hours ago, harpz_31 said:

After doing a bit of research I found a company calleddCarp couture do a rodent proof bag as well.

Does the ragbag have an internal fabric bag as well ?

Pretty much the same product harpz, Carp Couture ripped it off (which is why I stick with Rat Bag, they came up with the idea so deserve the ££££ imo). But the Rat Bag does NOT have the internal fabric bag. The fabric bag serves no purpose anyway bud.