Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

On 25/08/2019 at 05:37, salokcinnodrog said:

Bent the handles on my barrow a few weeks ago. I had overloaded it.

The man to speak to is Ian, Welder on here.

I believe he has fixed barrow handles in the past, was going to do mine for me, but I've just been so busy with work, and holding onto money until payday I've not sent them yet

Get them sent, Nick. I'll get them back to shape then TIG weld some aluminium reinforcement on.

Ian.

12 hours ago, welder said:

started to load my Carporter and realised I'd left the handles at home...

My mate did that on a syndi I was on. I am ashamed to say I just couldn't stop laughing at him attempting to get that barrow 1000 yards round to his swim. Poor fella.

On 24/08/2019 at 19:05, elmoputney said:

My barrow...... I bent the handles last time I was out 

Think I may have overloaded it 😁

Nooooooo!!!

Only a couple of months old innit?

I hate to say it elmo but.... buy cheap, buy twice😣

21 minutes ago, yonny said:

Nooooooo!!!

Only a couple of months old innit?

I hate to say it elmo but.... buy cheap, buy twice😣

Yeah I did find it to be fairly low quality tbh but with a little work it can be improved,  I did tip my old carp porter in the olden days it needs a bigger wheel and some robusticating and it will be fine 

50 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Yeah I did find it to be fairly low quality tbh but with a little work it can be improved,  I did tip my old carp porter in the olden days it needs a bigger wheel and some robusticating and it will be fine 

you should of just tried to but a secondhand carp porter I know there still a bit expensive but solid  

1 hour ago, carpyian said:

you should of just tried to but a secondhand carp porter I know there still a bit expensive but solid  

Yeah maybe I overloaded it though so it is my fault at the end of the day just need to learn to streamline better and get a bigger wheel cos that really is too small, I will ask my friend to weld a strut brace on the handles when I can get it done that will help no end 

I looked at a motorised carp porter to make life so much easier but just cant get myself to pay nearly a grand for a wheelbarrow but must admit it would be great to have one I was talking to a guy who had one and he let me use it up a hill fully loaded so much better but as im getting older pushing a barrow is hard work I always take for to much gear with me but if I don't im always then thinking I should of brought that lol 

16 minutes ago, carpyian said:

I looked at a motorised carp porter to make life so much easier but just cant get myself to pay nearly a grand for a wheelbarrow but must admit it would be great to have one I was talking to a guy who had one and he let me use it up a hill fully loaded so much better but as im getting older pushing a barrow is hard work I always take for to much gear with me but if I don't im always then thinking I should of brought that lol 

People pay hundreds for Rods ,hundreds for Reels the list goes on , yet an electric barrow is something most wouldnt entertain. 

It ranks for me as an equal to all my gear and I would never be without it , Their is a reason out their that you very rarely see one second hand, once bought no one wants to sell.

Around £850 from prestigue ,personal preference as I have one ,and I load the thing right up , not sure about the Nash barrow ,but the few things I have read have not been good 

yes ive seen a review of the nash and the prestige side by side the prestige won hands down motored up the hill as if it was not there the nash struggled a bit don't get me wrong I like nash gear as well some of it imo they make the best beds and my t1 cant fault it but as ive said as im getting older im thinking the motorised barrow is climbing up the list of my next buy if only for the reason at the end of my session I don't look at the big walk back to my car thinking this is the part I hate lol I know no one likes packing away but when you have a big walk to your car with loads of gear on a barrow its like a workout and I know the amount of gear I take with me is my own fault but that's how I like to fish plus no good me buying stuff the leaving it at home 😀

Edited by carpyian

I can't see myself getting a Power Porter until old age/mobility is a serious issue for me. End of the day it's not that hard to push a barrow round a lake no matter how heavily loaded it is. In fact I'd rate it as a healthy work-out. But for the older guys still going strong on the bank I can imagine they are a proper God-send.

im not exactly and o.a.p im only just 50 but smoked a bit when I was younger so just gets me out of breath and after a few days on the bank the pushing of the barrow is a good work out but im also getting lazy lol 

Edited by carpyian

7 minutes ago, yonny said:

I can't see myself getting a Power Porter until old age/mobility is a serious issue for me. End of the day it's not that hard to push a barrow round a lake no matter how heavily loaded it is. In fact I'd rate it as a healthy work-out. But for the older guys still going strong on the bank I can imagine they are a proper God-send.

Your exactly right , its not hard to push a barrow ,if like my mate you take minimal to the extreme . but I take what I want with no compromise  , no second trip back to the car to bring the rest 

How many threads here and other forum do you see , Whats the lightest this lightest that , they are having to compromise on what they would like buy but the need for it to be lighter means not what the would really want buy.

I defy anyone to say pushing the gear I take for a few days as easy ,no matter how fit you are and I dont consider myself unfit as a Welder /Steel erector.

I have been keeping an eye on how much used tri porters go for seems to be around the £80 mark for one without side bags and that, you can get the TFG juggernaut for half that.  think you can buy the motor wheel separate and fit it to most prestige barrows. The tri porter would be just right for me, no more settling for swims close to the car on day ticket waters.

45 minutes ago, yonny said:

In fairness all my gear is bought with weight in mind so I'm as guilty as anyone there.

Me too, all my stuff is small compact and (reasonably light) it tickles me when someone spends 15 minutes unloading the car and piling everything on the barrow and I'm off and running carrying a lightweight ruckie with a chair clipped on and a pair of rods and a brolly... maybe a bait bag with some snap if its a long session or half a kilo of bait in the ruckie if its a couple of hours... if it's a long stay its a different matter... the bivvy weighs a ton and the grub and cookbag also is no flyweight😋 

I did an overnighter on thurs fri and the amount of gear I took was ridiculous... my young apprentice helped me with most of it as I'm an old decrepit gimmer... didn't help that we blanked our bottoms off.... pulled two birds tho.... I had a duck he had a heron.... sigh that was fun at 04.45 in the morning with that beak stabbing everywhere, and it wasn't even hooked just a bit of line around one of it's primaries, my duck was fairly nailed in the beak on a Ronnie with a Banoffee popup.... ho hom

8 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Me too, all my stuff is small compact and (reasonably light) it tickles me when someone spends 15 minutes unloading the car and piling everything on the barrow and I'm off and running carrying a lightweight ruckie with a chair clipped on and a pair of rods and a brolly... 

Yeah that's kinda my approach too. I have fished circuit waters and to make the most of them you need to be able to up sticks and move very quickly at the slightest sign of an opportunity. "If you're not fast you're last" as they say.........

too many folks carry too much gear nowadays....  it's all too big and bulky, if I'm on a short session I usually take 1 rod, net, sling, mat, bag and chair.... if it looks like rain a little 45" brolly goes in the quiver

22 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

too many folks carry too much gear nowadays....  

I don't think we can make a statement like that buddy.

Everyone fishes for their own reasons. Some like to chill out with all mod cons. It's fair play.

I'm like you, I'm there to enjoy the great outdoors. Massive bivvies and wide-boy bedchairs don't interest me. I spend very little time under the shelter tbh.

Why not.... its the truth....? do we need to cart 4 rods, 4 reels, 4 alarms, huge bivvy, huge bedchair, and a whole mountain of gear, just for a day session.... seen it done  everytime I go an wet a line... tickles me rigid so it does...

I see your point though Yonny, each to their own, Vive La Difference and all that, but in the end we don't NEED it all do we....?  we want it..... and that's a whole different ball game...

(whispers sotto voce)(by the way.... I was on a Nash Wideboy under a JRC STi 2 man Thurs and Fri... it's the only longstay stuff I have... sssshhhh... keep it schtumm though, or me rep will be shot....😎)

8 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

in the end we don't NEED it all do we....?  we want it..... and that's a whole different ball game...

We don't need to go fishing - we do it because that's what we enjoy. And if guys enjoy an element of comfort on the bank then who are we to judge that they're carrying too much gear?

12 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

each to their own, Vive La Difference and all that

☝️

Exactly.

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

too many folks carry too much gear nowadays....  it's all too big and bulky, if I'm on a short session I usually take 1 rod, net, sling, mat, bag and chair.... if it looks like rain a little 45" brolly goes in the quiver

2 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Me too, all my stuff is small compact and (reasonably light) it tickles me when someone spends 15 minutes unloading the car and piling everything on the barrow and I'm off and running carrying a lightweight ruckie with a chair clipped on and a pair of rods and a brolly... maybe a bait bag with some snap if its a long session or half a kilo of bait in the ruckie if its a couple of hours... if it's a long stay its a different matter... the bivvy weighs a ton and the grub and cookbag also is no flyweight😋 

2 hours ago, yonny said:

Yeah that's kinda my approach too. I have fished circuit waters and to make the most of them you need to be able to up sticks and move very quickly at the slightest sign of an opportunity. "If you're not fast you're last" as they say.........

1 hour ago, yonny said:

I don't think we can make a statement like that buddy.

Everyone fishes for their own reasons. Some like to chill out with all mod cons. It's fair play.

I'm like you, I'm there to enjoy the great outdoors. Massive bivvies and wide-boy bedchairs don't interest me. I spend very little time under the shelter tbh.

48 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Why not.... its the truth....? do we need to cart 4 rods, 4 reels, 4 alarms, huge bivvy, huge bedchair, and a whole mountain of gear, just for a day session.... seen it done  everytime I go an wet a line... tickles me rigid so it does...

I see your point though Yonny, each to their own, Vive La Difference and all that, but in the end we don't NEED it all do we....?  we want it..... and that's a whole different ball game...

(whispers sotto voce)(by the way.... I was on a Nash Wideboy under a JRC STi 2 man Thurs and Fri... it's the only longstay stuff I have... sssshhhh... keep it schtumm though, or me rep will be shot....😎)

While I can totally see the point of choice and comfort, do you think that there are some people who go camping over carping?

The fishing is just a sideline over being out drinking, or nature...

I go fishing to catch, and while I do like some comfort, if it means I don't take my low chair as I may have to move areas I will leave it in the car.

On Nazeing I often took a mountain of gear, but if I had to barrow it round the lake, some of it would stay in the boot.

Many is the occasion I have walked back to the car park to pick up Sky's food after choosing a swim well away from the car park.

The newest purchase side, I had to buy a new Spomb after Big Dave managed to crack-off my old one on Alton. Straight through braid, CRACK, and a white Spomb floating around the reservoir.

I made the internal float from some red foam I had hanging about. 

image.jpg

I am trying to get the balance where I am comfortable and lightweight, 

Being a larger than average male I went for a wide bedchair but weighing only 7.5kg so that will help, I just need to sort my tackle out into a more manageable load now and stop taking stuff I don't need 

I take the wide version from carp zone, weighs a ton well 12 kilo it's a pig to get around, but well worth it i compensate by taking a light bank chair and two rib bivvy.

One bloke got to my peg the other day and half unloaded his barrow before carrying on to hs peg, his bait boat sonar gear and rod bag, guess he didn't want to leave them unattended.