Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

43 minutes ago, yonny said:

Yes. But who are we to suggest there's something wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing, it is their right to choose.

However I would say that fishing is fashion to some rather than catching. When I go back to read my 'old time' books like The Carp Strikes Back or Carp Fever, catching was the main reason for bivvy'ing up.

I totally understand the waiting in a swim; on some waters carp will move into an occupied area rather than being there in the first place.

On 27/08/2019 at 12:24, carpyian said:

yes ive seen a review of the nash and the prestige side by side the prestige won hands down motored up the hill as if it was not there the nash struggled a bit don't get me wrong I like nash gear as well some of it imo they make the best beds and my t1 cant fault it but as ive said as im getting older im thinking the motorised barrow is climbing up the list of my next buy if only for the reason at the end of my session I don't look at the big walk back to my car thinking this is the part I hate lol I know no one likes packing away but when you have a big walk to your car with loads of gear on a barrow its like a workout and I know the amount of gear I take with me is my own fault but that's how I like to fish plus no good me buying stuff the leaving it at home 😀

Be careful in what you read/see. Much better to watch an independent review😉

16 minutes ago, nigewoodcock said:

Be careful in what you read/see. Much better to watch an independent review😉

agree with what you are saying really but all most can do is watch a youtube video on the products no way id have access to barrows to try myself side by side 

2 hours ago, carpyian said:

video I watched 

That’s the very biased one that I had seen. ‘The wheels are wobbly’ yep, they will be if you don’t tighten the screws up properly!!! 

‘The wires are exposed’ yep, how else can you expect to disconnect them to remove the handles? Oh, the same as the other one!!! Lol

’theres no control of speed’ other than its on a throttle, like that of a quad bike. If you want to start off slow, don’t put your thumb down full hit!!!

theres lots more I could pick at and show the positives of the nash one over the other but the only point I want to get across is that the video in question is very deceiving. 

14 minutes ago, nigewoodcock said:

About Dan and I loving a cocktail? 

I can't remember exactly what it was but you asked a question,you were disagreeing with someone about something though on here 😁

I am listening to all the old ones at the moment like a box set 

totally agree about the videos not being the best but as ive said for most anglers that's the only side by side comparison we get and I also know if I don't like one of the suppliers I can make the other look better 

21 minutes ago, carpyian said:

totally agree about the videos not being the best but as ive said for most anglers that's the only side by side comparison we get and I also know if I don't like one of the suppliers I can make the other look better 

Who ever made it did make sure that it went out there pretty fast! 😂 

27 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I can't remember exactly what it was but you asked a question,you were disagreeing with someone about something though on here 😁

I am listening to all the old ones at the moment like a box set 

Ah, I thought you were on about the nash tackle pod cast. 

Yeah, the carp cast; it was when a certain member, who doesn’t frequent the board anymore, stated that it was wrong to sleep whilst carp fishing and saying anyone who did, shouldn’t be angling! 😂 

1 minute ago, nigewoodcock said:

Ah, I thought you were on about the nash tackle pod cast. 

Yeah, the carp cast; it was when a certain member, who doesn’t frequent the board anymore, stated that it was wrong to sleep whilst carp fishing and saying anyone who did, shouldn’t be angling! 😂 

That's the one I couldn't remember what it was about ha, I wish I slept better when fishing,I find the adrenaline seems to make it tricky to settle, hopefully the new bed will help,I think as long as the alarms will wake you then it's ok really :)

i do remember trying to stay awake in the olden days watching a starlite float but that would probably make me hallucinate these days 😀

11 hours ago, carpyian said:

video I watched 

I have to say I wouldn't buy anything on the strength of this video alone,he clearly just wanted to rubbish the Nash one and only mentioned the positives of the power porter, I may have missed it but he probably went on to say "the Nash one doesn't even do what it says on the tin" or at the very least has put that phrase in a review before and quite possibly done some trolling as a teenager 

To be fair you can't really put much value on that video made by an account called Jacks Carping Adventures that is the only video on the page and the account has no subs

The wheels obviously tighten right up i think nash have been selling barrows long enough to be able to get the wheels to go on right anyone who spends that kind of money on either barrow would be wise to put a bit of copper grease on bare wires and connecters.

Still after a triporter myself though. 

20 hours ago, welder said:

A convincing case for the Prestige item, I'd say. I'm not at all surprised, I have a Carporter and still it's like new at around 10 years old. Never, ever had a problem with it.....except when I left the handles at home...…..

Ian.

Carporter handles don't bend either...