Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

11 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I looked at those dongles for my old fox alarms don't they work out quite expensive with receiver ?

Cheaper than the Delkim jobbie.... (if you could get one for the EV plus alarms!)

Cheapest I've seen 3 dongles and a receiver is £149.00

4 hours ago, smufter said:

Cheaper than the Delkim jobbie.... (if you could get one for the EV plus alarms!)

Cheapest I've seen 3 dongles and a receiver is £149.00

It just seems a lot to have to spend £100 on dongles to be able to have a remote receiver ,surely by now the technology should be there to have a remote connection for a receiver as pretty much standard in a £60 alarm, 

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

It just seems a lot to have to spend £100 on dongles to be able to have a remote receiver ,surely by now the technology should be there to have a remote connection for a receiver as pretty much standard in a £60 alarm, 

Fox had the TXR system that could be used on any alarm to turn it remote

2 hours ago, framey said:

Fox had the TXR system that could be used on any alarm to turn it remote

I decided not to bother with that either sold all my microns for pretty much what I bought them for years ago and bought the sonik set and I think these are great tbh 

19 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I'll agree, and the thing is I don't really need them!

I've kept my JRC CX Radar's (which have a receiver) for when I do need one. 

It's just that the missus is at a loss on what to buy me for Christmas lol! I'm sure something else will crop up before the big day. But I'm settled on my "main" gear now. The only thing possibly worth changing is my bedchair. But then it's just changes for changes sake. 🙄🙄🙄

1 hour ago, smufter said:

I'll agree, and the thing is I don't really need them!

I've kept my JRC CX Radar's (which have a receiver) for when I do need one. 

It's just that the missus is at a loss on what to buy me for Christmas lol! I'm sure something else will crop up before the big day. But I'm settled on my "main" gear now. The only thing possibly worth changing is my bedchair. But then it's just changes for changes sake. 🙄🙄🙄

It's a tough decision, but I am sure you will get to the bottom of it by Christmas,not a bad situation to be in though, 

I'm going to test my new bedchair out tonight and hopefully the new mozzie net will stop me being eaten, just got to get through work and I am St Ives bound can't wait 

16 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I decided not to bother with that either sold all my microns for pretty much what I bought them for years ago and bought the sonik set and I think these are great tbh 

You say about getting what you paid for your Fox Microns, my mate Mark had the same with a set of Fox rods.

He got a set of Wolf rods as an upgrade from his Fox rods, and put the Fox's up for sale. The buyer paid exactly what Mark did when he bought them new. 

There is a page on facebook called old school trading post, you should see some of the prices they get on there for tackle from the 90s, those Gardner baiting needles always sell as does old solar pods and banksticks and anything with a fox logo on it, someone was asking 20 quid the other day for a empty plastic box that had the fox logo on it. 

If i buy used i will only pay between a third to half the current retail price depending on how  much i want it, i paid 25 pound for two MX alarms with indicators. 

23 hours ago, elmoputney said:

It's a tough decision, but I am sure you will get to the bottom of it by Christmas,not a bad situation to be in though, 

I'm going to test my new bedchair out tonight and hopefully the new mozzie net will stop me being eaten, just got to get through work and I am St Ives bound can't wait 

Just been perusing some of the various bedchairs available and I quite like the sound of the Trakker RLX Flat-6 Superlight.    Gets very good reviews.
Just for comparison I weighed my current one yesterday and it's almost twice as heavy.............😱😱😱

Good luck in St Ives

👍👍

16 minutes ago, smufter said:

Just been perusing some of the various bedchairs available and I quite like the sound of the Trakker RLX Flat-6 Superlight.    Gets very good reviews.
Just for comparison I weighed my current one yesterday and it's almost twice as heavy.............😱😱😱

Good luck in St Ives

👍👍

Forgive the mess but the wide one takes up nearly all the brolly it is pretty comfortable though actually slept quite well, I actually don't think I needed the wide one a standard would've been fine but it's a lot better than my old knackered jrc 

Cyprinus do an RLX bedchair might be worth looking at that 

I've seen 2 carp this morning one right near my left hand rod and the other in the pads to my right which my other rod is situated come on the carp god's smile upon the IVO 🐟🐬🦈🐋🐠🐟🐡🐳

15673178014691580447869270330854.jpg

50 minutes ago, dayvid said:

"Forgive the mess" …..I think not ….you'll never catch looking like that 😂🤣🎣

Ha in my defence it wasn't long after I had knocked the kettle over and had to move things quickly I am not usually that bad,well I wasn't till my bedchair took up most of the brolly didn't catch though 😁

13 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

No one would entertain fishing in such mess surely?

Each to their own... have to say I'm borderline OCD for bankside tidiness, but as long as the mess is temporary who are we to judge.... just be careful where you left the baiting needle, otherwise it could come as a shock🤣😋

33 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Each to their own... have to say I'm borderline OCD for bankside tidiness, but as long as the mess is temporary who are we to judge.... just be careful where you left the baiting needle, otherwise it could come as a shock🤣😋

I like things to have a place but I mainly couldn't really be bothered this time it had been a long day of kids work and traffic, and after doing the important stuff like rods and bivvy and bed I just wanted a cider and to relax so that's what I did it wasn't too bad till the morning when kettle stove food etc came out and I needed to sharpen a hook and a fresh pop up , but I don't usually sit in my bivvy if it's a nice enough day, I had a chair outside and spent ages pacing up and down the bank in the hope of spotting the loch Ness monster or something and as I wasn't staying anymore I didn't really care, I knew it would be packed away before I left,I quite often can't find things though so maybe should work on it a bit more 😀😁

10 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I like things to have a place but I mainly couldn't really be bothered this time it had been a long day of kids work and traffic, and after doing the important stuff like rods and bivvy and bed I just wanted a cider and to relax so that's what I did it wasn't too bad till the morning when kettle stove food etc came out and I needed to sharpen a hook and a fresh pop up , but I don't usually sit in my bivvy if it's a nice enough day, I had a chair outside and spent ages pacing up and down the bank in the hope of spotting the loch Ness monster or something and as I wasn't staying anymore I didn't really care, I knew it would be packed away before I left,I quite often can't find things though so maybe should work on it a bit more 😀😁

You don't go fishing to be constantly tidying up mate as long as you tidy up when you leave and you don't leave any rubbish behind like many angler's do I don't see a problem. I even clean up after other angler's I hate to see rubbish on the bank no need whatsoever for that. 👍

23 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I don't usually sit in my bivvy if it's a nice enough day, I had a chair outside and spent ages pacing up and down the bank in the hope of spotting the loch Ness monster or something

Ha!! ....... I'm exactly the same mate.

1 minute ago, finchey said:

You don't go fishing to be constantly tidying up mate as long as you tidy up when you leave and you don't leave any rubbish behind like many angler's do I don't see a problem. I even clean up after other angler's I hate to see rubbish on the bank no need whatsoever for that. 👍

Never a mess when I leave and I always do the same tbh other people's litter bugs me too, 

6 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Anyone in here got neoprene waders? Are they any good?

I used to have some.

They were awful mate.

A nightmare to get on/off and you sweat your nuts off in them.

If you want to wander about in them you need some breathable ones from the fly fishing scene. But they can be quite pricey.

21 minutes ago, yonny said:

I used to have some.

They were awful mate.

A nightmare to get on/off and you sweat your nuts off in them.

If you want to wander about in them you need some breathable ones from the fly fishing scene. But they can be quite pricey.

Diawa do a breathable set of waist waders hassle I had trying to find a pair 

however go at least 1 size up I’m a 10 usually and the feet are cramped