Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, Highy said:

Will let you know...ive been walking round the house in em for about 20mins...easy moving...but 1 thing noticed is that when you sit down...they feel abit tight on the rear...(maybe just my fat rear)...as if pulling down on shoulder straps when sitting (maybe need slacken off abit).

You can't wear them in bed , Highy ! .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

@Highy when u get waist deep in water let me know how they fair lol. Are they comfy and easy to move in? I don’t actually want them to wade. I just rarely take a chair when roving and want them to keep me dry and not caked in mud 

Hello Danny , would cutting a pair of waders down " John Wilson " style be sufficient for you ? .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dannygooner said:

They old clip up 3/4 lengths? Haha gotta love Wilson’s style. It’s more to cover my ass for wet bum really. Messing about in the edge I have almost gone in a few times too. Not ideal when your a mile from the car on a winters morning. So I’d like to cover myself too for the worst inevitability 

Didn't J.W. cut the waders down into a sort of buccaneer style so he could kneel down without getting his knees wet ?  .

Sounds like you need some lightweight waders where the wellie part is joined with a waterproof top half which is fabric rather than heavier / hotter / less manoeuvreable rubber ? .

😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, greekskii said:

let me know how it is, I'm tempted to get the semi-stiff instead of the usual Atomic Jel-E-Wyre.

 

Also just picked up a few mushroom trays so I can dry out bait better in the garage. 

I've used the silt one semi stiff and it's great tbh just fancied the camo as well 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, elmoputney said:

ESP Loaded tungsten braid in camo brown 

 

2 hours ago, greekskii said:

let me know how it is, I'm tempted to get the semi-stiff.

Thats what is on my rigs too...Use this aswel with the Boom...showed on the Rig Thread.

Easy peels and gives a good lay out...

Edited by Highy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, greekskii said:

let me know how it is, I'm tempted to get the semi-stiff instead of the usual Atomic Jel-E-Wyre.

 

Also just picked up a few mushroom trays so I can dry out bait better in the garage. 

ESP Semi Stiff is the best I have used so far, no complaints whatsoever, very impressed as are my mates who have swapped to it since.

I have no use for the soft, semi stiff is bang on 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, smufter said:

I've recently been trying out the ESP stuff as an alternative to my usual Korda n-trap. It's okay but I don't like the way the inner braid behaves at the loop. It's fraying way too easily whereas the Korda stuff stays perfectly formed.

 

I haven't noticed that too much yet tbh I use a figure of 8 loop knot for mine,but I've never used n trap so cannot compare 

I do think the camo is a very similar colour to the silt though just with some lighter flecks of brown on, would use both quite happily though :)

Edit ive just noticed you mean at the boilie end of the rig, 😀

i have also found this a bit usually when. I want to rush a rig out, I found slightly bigger loops helped a bit 

 

Edited by elmoputney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Edit ive just noticed you mean at the boilie end of the rig, 😀

I have also found this a bit usually when. I want to rush a rig out, I found slightly bigger loops helped a bit 

 

I did, of course, mean the loop for attaching the boilie. Sorry I didn't make that more obvious.
But as I say, the ESP stuff is a mess, even using a "braid friendly" baiting needle. I have the loop as large as I can, bearing in mind I'm only using 14mm baits but still no good.
I shall carry on using it, but limit it's use to rigs where I don't need a boilie loop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smufter said:

I did, of course, mean the loop for attaching the boilie. Sorry I didn't make that more obvious.
But as I say, the ESP stuff is a mess, even using a "braid friendly" baiting needle. I have the loop as large as I can, bearing in mind I'm only using 14mm baits but still no good.
I shall carry on using it, but limit it's use to rigs where I don't need a boilie loop. 

When you say as large as possible have you tried making the loop 12mm size so the knot sits inside the boilie. This helps keep it in place on the hair. Something I used to do in my youth. I don’t use hair rigs anymore so haven’t done it for ages but it used to be a good little tip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, greekskii said:

When you say as large as possible have you tried making the loop 12mm size so the knot sits inside the boilie. This helps keep it in place on the hair. Something I used to do in my youth. I don’t use hair rigs anymore so haven’t done it for ages but it used to be a good little tip

That's about the size of my loop Geezer. And I'll agree it help keep the boilie in place on the hair. But as I say, the ESP stuff frays up like a good 'un.

😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smufter said:

I did, of course, mean the loop for attaching the boilie. Sorry I didn't make that more obvious.
But as I say, the ESP stuff is a mess, even using a "braid friendly" baiting needle. I have the loop as large as I can, bearing in mind I'm only using 14mm baits but still no good.
I shall carry on using it, but limit it's use to rigs where I don't need a boilie loop. 

I wonder if it's just when the rig is wet it becomes a pain to deal with, might be worth having a spare rig ready to go then let the other one dry out and keep switching between a couple of rigs ,?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A pair of Fortis Wraps Bifocal Sunglasses. My long sight is near perfect but my reading sight is just a blur and getting fed up picking up 2 pairs of glasses and swapping them every 5 minutes to do everything. Also got myself a Chub Vantage 5 rod holdall. A mate bought one a while back and I looked at it envy and hoped that Father Christmas might bring me one. Looked at it on the Angling Direct and saw it was reduced from £99.99 down to £50. With a deal like that, I jumped straight in and it arrived today. Just transferred all my rods and can't wait to try it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Golden Paws said:

A pair of Fortis Wraps Bifocal Sunglasses. My long sight is near perfect but my reading sight is just a blur and getting fed up picking up 2 pairs of glasses and swapping them every 5 minutes to do everything. Also got myself a Chub Vantage 5 rod holdall. A mate bought one a while back and I looked at it envy and hoped that Father Christmas might bring me one. Looked at it on the Angling Direct and saw it was reduced from £99.99 down to £50. With a deal like that, I jumped straight in and it arrived today. Just transferred all my rods and can't wait to try it out.

Chub Vantage 5  Star , you wont be disappointed , I have the same one .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, framey said:

Would have been quicker to walk to a shop pay and walk home again lol

Wished i had...but haven't fished for 2 weeks so no rush...hopefully try out this week.

Hope they cut out the wind interference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Highy said:

hopefully try out this week.

Let us know how you get on please Highy. I used to use the Fox Swingers years ago and they were great; really versatile. I looked at the mini ones earlier this year but decided against it. Would defo like to hear a review mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Highy said:

Wished i had...but haven't fished for 2 weeks so no rush...hopefully try out this week.

Hope they cut out the wind interference.

The old ones used to so I can’t see why these wouldn’t 

I use Gardner bugs and bought the arms for when it’s windy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, yonny said:

Let us know how you get on please Highy. I used to use the Fox Swingers years ago and they were great; really versatile. I looked at the mini ones earlier this year but decided against it. Would defo like to hear a review mate.

Will do...hopefully Wednesday or weekend 👍

17 minutes ago, framey said:

The old ones used to so I can’t see why these wouldn’t 

I use Gardner bugs and bought the arms for when it’s windy 

I have the JRC Kurve bobbins setup with the arms, but the arms i think are abit flimsy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...