Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Jeez what happened here then, someone make the old baitboats best thing since the adaption of the hair rig post 🙊

Got one of those NGT bivvy lights, hold a fair charge, reckon you would get up to 10 hours out of one on low white light, half the price of other brands so fair enough. 

I got an ngt cree headlight the other week forgot to say,  I used it last time I was out, it had red green and white light I always find the white light too much unless I really need it for a purpose, but found the green one much better for general having a nose about, brilliant for the money I thought

I might get one of those ngt bivvy lights soon, the sonik ones are a bit thirsty on batteries and I decided I don't like having a light come on when I get a beep, if I have used my mozzie mesh it means I can't see the rod when I look out as it reflects on the mesh 

41 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

might get one of those ngt bivvy lights soon, the sonik ones are a bit thirsty on batteries and I decided I don't like having a light come on when I get a beep, if I have used my mozzie mesh it means I can't see the rod when I look out as it reflects on the mesh 

Also have a NGT one...just attatch it over my peak on bivvy..

Never used my Sonik light yet...same reason for that.

I have just got an Amazon clicker for my DSLR I've been getting annoyed with trying to self take on a phone I thought it should be easy but it's been a a chore with dissapointing results so far I've got the whistle app now which I may also use but more than one device should help secure the photos , next I need an led floodlight type thing for night shots and I am good to go, 

Oh and catching some fish to photo may help 😁😄😄

On 30/09/2019 at 16:09, yonny said:

Let us know how you get on please Highy. I used to use the Fox Swingers years ago and they were great; really versatile. I looked at the mini ones earlier this year but decided against it. Would defo like to hear a review mate.

20191002_172919.thumb.jpg.d17b49fdfca6dd4cb7a0e9df579c4fb6.jpg

Had a play about in back garden with em...pretty strong arms and the weight is spot on has a good grip for sliding up and down...practised a few pulls and strike ups to check clasp on heads and is a good release. May invest in a 3rd yellow for my 3rd rod...

On 30/09/2019 at 16:09, yonny said:

Let us know how you get on please Highy. I used to use the Fox Swingers years ago and they were great; really versatile. I looked at the mini ones earlier this year but decided against it. Would defo like to hear a review mate.

Had a play about in back garden with em...pretty strong arms and the weight is spot on has a good grip for sliding up and down...practised a few pulls and strike ups to check clasp on heads and is a good release. May invest in a 3rd yellow for my 3rd rod...

7 minutes ago, Highy said:

Did you catch much ? I hope you at least dressed up like a gnome for the occasion :)

they do look quite trick though, I may have a look at those also

3 hours ago, chris said:

I just bought the NGT bivvy light for a recent week in France - good light but found the remote a bit iffy (since been replaced by seller and seems ok now) good light that lasted until the Thursday before needing recharging, also got the NGT cree headlamp and that's good too.

You did well there, i thought mine went a bit quick i had it on from about 7pm till 5am, then the following evening on about 6pm the light went off flat at around 11pm. still happy with it better than trying to read with a head torch on and having the gnats dive bombing my face. 

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

You did well there, i thought mine went a bit quick i had it on from about 7pm till 5am, then the following evening on about 6pm the light went off flat at around 11pm. still happy with it better than trying to read with a head torch on and having the gnats dive bombing my face. 

I never had it on for long periods of time so I would think the runtime was similar.

22 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Ive never heard of the first one so remote I think 😄

Haha   I had to google it , is it a remote or is it on steroids :)

An intervalometer is a device that plugs into a camera and controls how often, how long and how many shots are taken. Models vary from manufacturer to manufacturer but they all serve the same purpose. Think of it as the old remote blub plunger on steroids.

30 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Ive never heard of the first one so remote I think 😄

A remote is basically a button that performs an actuation of the shutter.

An intervalometer can be programmed to perform multiple actuations of the shutter (e.g. you can tell the camera to wait 20 seconds, then take 30 pics at 5 second intervals). Because an intervalometer performs ans external actuation of the shutter, the camera will focus between each shot (which it cannot do on a self timer). If you do self takes an intervalometer is best tenner you will ever spend. I highly recommend one buddy.

5 hours ago, yonny said:

A remote is basically a button that performs an actuation of the shutter.

An intervalometer can be programmed to perform multiple actuations of the shutter (e.g. you can tell the camera to wait 20 seconds, then take 30 pics at 5 second intervals). Because an intervalometer performs ans external actuation of the shutter, the camera will focus between each shot (which it cannot do on a self timer). If you do self takes an intervalometer is best tenner you will ever spend. I highly recommend one buddy.

That does sound good and like a proper solution, will have a look if I can't get along with the clicker

I just tried my clicker a bit seems to work ok managed to use my toe to click with so will get some sliders as I think that may be preferable to holding it and the fish