Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

Recommended Posts

Ordered 3 x Isotopes for my Fox Swingers...3rd swinger (orange) ordered.

Isotopes from ICE@TOPE off eBay.

Blue Red Orange 3mm x 15mm...might be about snug as the Fox ISOTOPES are 2mm x 12mm but I've triple checked and they should fit......

Tomorrow I should have my Sonik Spod Reel, Spomb n Spomb Float & Distance Sticks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, yonny said:

Have you ever tired to get decent self takes at night with a mobile buddy? It's not possible. The sensors are so small that the processor is forced to increases ISO so much so that you end up with a horrible, grainy, washed out image. That is if you manage to get the phone to recognise/focus on the subject in the first place.

If you're not that bothered about genuine image quality then a phone can do a decent job in the day time, but technology has not moved far enough for them to perform at night - yet.

It's not possible even with someone else taking the pic. I have pics on my phone and camera from a 23 last night. As you can see in October catches the phone pic is blurred even though Bruce took the pics as he was local. The camera pics are a whole lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2019 at 19:50, Highy said:

 

Tomorrow I should have my Sonik Spod Reel, Spomb n Spomb Float & Distance Sticks.

FUMING is not the word...rang my local A.D to see if my order was in store...after all the rigmoral...basicaly the order not processed and has been missed...luckily I got a refund.

Soooo...on my way home I chanced Go Outdoors...they didn't have the Sonik Spod Reel but the basic 8000....so i picked up the 8000 reel...2 spools of Braid...2 lots NGT distance sticks (1 for mate)...proceeded to till.

After putting it through she replied £35...?????????

She handed me all the gear so I walked to car....looked at receipt to see if half price...she had NOT put the reel through...saving of £45.

So now ordered 2 x Spombs & Spomb Float off eBay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Highy said:

FUMING is not the word...rang my local A.D to see if my order was in store...after all the rigmoral...basicaly the order not processed and has been missed...luckily I got a refund.

Soooo...on my way home I chanced Go Outdoors...they didn't have the Sonik Spod Reel but the basic 8000....so i picked up the 8000 reel...2 spools of Braid...2 lots NGT distance sticks (1 for mate)...proceeded to till.

After putting it through she replied £35...?????????

She handed me all the gear so I walked to car....looked at receipt to see if half price...she had NOT put the reel through...saving of £45.

So now ordered 2 x Spombs & Spomb Float off eBay.

20191015_200350.thumb.jpg.550fd8b60b0876b32fc6b2a5d6d3da87.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

Turned out nice @Highy 

Nice braid colour 😎

I was actually toying whether to go back in and make them aware...but then thought of a GOOD SAVING...put it towards next year's water ticket. 

Don't think it will stay that bright for long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Highy said:

I was actually toying whether to go back in and make them aware...but then thought of a GOOD SAVING...put it towards next year's water ticket. 

Don't think it will stay that bright for long.

Nah enjoy your new spod freeeel, just help an old lady across the street or something, karma restored 

My yellow braid has been dunked a lot now and is still quite bright, maybe once we change it we could get together and start making Joseph's amazing technicolor dreamcoat ,😁

Edited by elmoputney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, elmoputney said:

Nah enjoy your new spod freeeel, just help an old lady across the street or something, karma restored 

My yellow braid has been dunked a lot now and is still quite bright, maybe once we change it we could get together and start making Joseph's amazing technicolor dreamcoat ,😁

😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/10/2019 at 19:50, Highy said:

Ordered 3 x Isotopes for my Fox Swingers...3rd swinger (orange) ordered.

Isotopes from ICE@TOPE off eBay.

Blue Red Orange 3mm x 15mm...might be about snug as the Fox ISOTOPES are 2mm x 12mm but I've triple checked and they should fit......

20191018_174501.thumb.jpg.4c2cd10d75e9167dfc3f78521367c734.jpg

Just fitted the Isotopes...pretty bright.

But As stated above very snug...ive had open up the hole very slightly with a drill bit.

personally the 3mm do not fit as the rubber gromet holder underneath the head does not push in and is loose....so what I've done is used a very tiny amount of clear silicone and stuck it on the rubber gromet to hold in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I popped into Cambridge carp cabin today on the way home and I bought some PB Jellywire 25lb gravel colour to feed my braid perversion, and also a korda spod and marker kit as I was tired of struggling to see my smaller marker when I fished over 7 wraps (like a boss) I reckon I can get into double figures now (bigtime) 

Tight lines all hurry up Sunday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I have lost all desire to follow football lately ,just can't get interested really🥺

but if man utd are doing really bad that kinda makes me happy 😀

No Comment 🔥YNWA🔥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2019 at 18:39, elmoputney said:

Let's hope it's the most memorable Sunday since Jesus was resurrected 🐏🦛

Well so far it is...arrived at 5am...only 1 here...had a good nosey round...gone to setup and no head torch...AND BIVVY light not charged...

Using phone torch...

This sign of things for the day 😭😭😭

Edited by Highy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Highy said:

Well so far it is...arrived at 5am...only 1 here...had a good nosey round...gone to setup and no head torch...AND BIVVY light not charged...

Using phone torch...

This sign of things for the day 😭😭😭

It's starting to get light now should get easier soon good luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, elmoputney said:

It's starting to get light now should get easier soon good luck 

It didn't...good 12hrs fishing...

Blank Bruno...2 mates went at 4...

Lad 2 pegs down from me had 11 fish...nothing massive but at least was action.

Also the site wont let me upload any pics ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Highy said:

s-l400.jpg.d54dbe200a52af42483810d7b3bb7437.jpg

Last week 4 for £8.52...worth a punt...from Ireland...quality feels ok...proof is in the pudding.

I bought the Spombs and he bought the Floats.

Think I got the same ones from China, seem ok to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Old school said:

Think I got the same ones from China, seem ok to me 

I used a Spod setup once...thought not for me...i was wrong...got another setup now.

Is it ever to late to spod (November) ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Old school said:

Think I got the same ones from China, seem ok to me 

My one didn't open after a few goes I've gone back to spods 

I don't like spombs either 

I can now spod accurately in the dark it's never too late to spod Highy  😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually though I've recently decided most of my captures and better results this year have been from Spots where I haven't spodded or used particles and just used a pult , I think from now on I may just use more boilies and spread them wider over an area rather than a tight area from spodding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...