Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

it's the most important but of kit we use

You're spot on mate.

I still know plenty of guys that turn their nose up at hook sharpening. Imo they're mental. I just haven't got time to argue with anyone that doesn't see that a sharper hook will catch more fish.

And I am just trying to find the right one for for my Hinged stiff rig now

No contest, it has to be the Atomic Chodda.

15 minutes ago, yonny said:

You're spot on mate.

I still know plenty of guys that turn their nose up at hook sharpening. Imo they're mental. I just haven't got time to argue with anyone that doesn't see that a sharper hook will catch more fish.

I think it depends on the water and fish stocks....

I wouldn’t bother on pasties on a runs water just use something like a cryogen.plenty sharp enough for that type of fishing 

I sat and watched Korda masterclass 7 and Darrell peck said he stopped hook sharpening on that water they were fishing lol

personally I think it was more to do with the size of the fish as he was sharpening at the beginning

Edited by framey

1 minute ago, framey said:

I think it depends on the water and fish stocks....

I do agree with that. There are several reasons you might not want to sharpen on specific waters (pH/rust, crays, old gravel pit fish with hard mouths etc etc).

40 minutes ago, yonny said:

You're spot on mate.

No contest, it has to be the Atomic Chodda.

Ffs that's another one on the list then 😁

Actually I quite like the BMG square chod hook at present though, straight point and the gape is nice and wide 

59 minutes ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

2 boxes of Drennan Contis size 4. Bit of sharpening and general prep this weekend👍

I quite like the good old fashioned boilie hook 

it seems to have everything 

2 hours ago, greekskii said:

25kg of peanuts and some fake peanuts and tigers, new hook beads and some esp trig-hammers. 
Getting everything in order for the spring, plenty more left to buy too! 

Talking of peanuts do you still see carpmachine?. 

If so say hello from me mate. 

Whoops I just got ebay trigger finger and lashed out on a bivvy and wrap combo 😬

Cyprinus bunker brand new and was going cheap got it for £82+p and p 

I was on hold to the council tax people and it came up with a minute left and I lashed out, I think it may be too small for me as its only 120cm tall 😁 will set it up and see what I think but I should be able to flog it if it doesn't suit me 😂

I also bought a jag file 

I bought the jag set might be a bit expensive but worth every penny really good quality 

baits attract the fish but its the hook that nails them never sharpened hooks before I got it and reading posts on here will it catch me more fish I hope so but il let you all know at the end of this year I know one thing they go in my finger a lot easier lol never used so many plasters lol

Edited by carpyian

5 minutes ago, phil dalts said:

Thinking about getting a pet nail file. It's electric, very fine stone. Thoughts?.

Inspiration from the Nash one.....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F274038550671

I saw these on my hook sharpening travels, haven't got one so don't know what it's like but might be worth a look and maybe where Nash got the idea 😉

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F274038550671

I saw these on my hook sharpening travels, haven't got one so don't know what it's like but might be worth a look and maybe where Nash got the idea 😉

Expensive! We got my collie that pet file. Will give it a go as it freaks him out

Just now, phil dalts said:

Expensive! We got my collie that pet file. Will give it a go as it freaks him out

Let me know how you get on with the pet file if it works I might look into one, does your collie have beaked point claws or straight point 😁

Can you buy the spool caps off the shelf? 

According to daiwa the windcast s wasn’t quick drag and the cap will fit straight on 

4 spools and 3 caps just over 100£ with delivery direct from daiwa

Edited by framey

4 minutes ago, framey said:

According to daiwa the windcast s wasn’t quick drag and the cap will fit straight on 

4 spools and 3 caps just over 100£ with delivery direct from daiwa

Thanks that's handy to know if I ever need it, especially as most diawa reels seem to have it these days