What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A week on Redmire. My mate managed to get through last week so the 3 of us have the last week in September 

Gorgeous... sounds like Rolling Thunder 

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

Posted Images

This month pay day top up. 

Size 4 hooks in barbed and barless

5l bucket.( i was going to get an 18l and  bucket seat carryall  but i thought that will shot be being as mobile same with  bank sticks)  hoping i can just cable tie the  air pump to it. 

Cheap ebay scales and bass bag . Because just incase. ( even though im not planning on weighting anything) 

7cm snapper dropshot minnows 

Ssg and aaa shot. 

I decided spliceable hooklink is too tricky for me BTW haven't got the patients ūüėĀ

Bank tackle order 

50 size 4 curve shanks 

More Kevlar braid as I have a feeling the last one won't last long 

New baiting needle and hook puller 

Tungsten putty 

20 bag stems 

Ib hooks 

Cheap spliceable lead free leader 

20 tungsten aligners 

20 medium d rig kickers 

50 more size 4 curves in a hook box 

And some more hook swivels 

Let battle of the cheap hooks commence ūüėĀ

15 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I decided spliceable hooklink is too tricky for me BTW haven't got the patients ūüėĀ

Bank tackle order 

50 size 4 curve shanks 

More Kevlar braid as I have a feeling the last one won't last long 

New baiting needle and hook puller 

Tungsten putty 

20 bag stems 

Ib hooks 

Cheap spliceable lead free leader 

20 tungsten aligners 

20 medium d rig kickers 

50 more size 4 curves in a hook box 

And some more hook swivels 

Let battle of the cheap hooks commence ūüėĀ

I’m less than impressed with the ridgemonkey stuff TBH 25lb snapped with a pull between 2 puller good tools I have only done one splice ATM though.

however it does look good when it is spliced with the loop.

i got the email from bank tackle yesterday with the bag stems if anyone wants to do a review when they get them 

ps I struggled with the fox easy splice thingy but managed easily with a thinking anglers one

Edited by framey
12 minutes ago, framey said:

I’m less than impressed with the ridgemonkey stuff TBH 25lb snapped with a pull between 2 puller good tools I have only done one splice ATM though.

however it does look good when it is spliced with the loop.

i got the email from bank tackle yesterday with the bag stems if anyone wants to do a review when they get them 

ps I struggled with the fox easy splice thingy but managed easily with a thinking anglers one

Will let you know what I think of the bag stems when they arrive, I didn't notice till after they also have Ronnie rig kickers that go over the swivel, that might be a good thing, better than knobbing around with shrink tubing anyway 

I just don't think spliceable hooklink is the one for me, it's just too time consuming and I don't know if the end result is worth the hassle 

2 hours ago, Highy said:

What's your thoughts on the TF Gear GXI Stealth rods ??

3 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

Don’t let Sonic see that post all you’re off there xmas card list. 

They all look same to me, 

Nash Dwarf, Scopes, Sonik Xtractors, TFgear GXI...all telescopic butt.

17 hours ago, Highy said:

12 Month manufacturers warranty

Go for ones with a lifetime warranty then, I wouldn't cheat on sonik for TFgear tbh they always remind me a bit of badger tackle from the oldun days, I may be wrong but the only thing I own is an air bomb of there's and I am yet to try it, so can't tell you how it works, 

Christian Rock Fisherman matt Hayes has fallen out with fishtec and tfgear though and moaned about the quality of items on his Facebook page 

On 1 May 2020 at 20:58, Highy said:

What's your thoughts on the TF Gear GXI Stealth rods ??

Friend of mine landed his first 20lb fish on TFG rods from Nazeing a few years ago before his back degeneration stopped him fishing.

Since Dave Lane got involved with TFG quality improved, under Matt Hayes it was not the best...

15 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Friend of mine landed his first 20lb fish on TFG rods from Nazeing a few years ago before his back degeneration stopped him fishing.

Since Dave Lane got involved with TFG quality improved, under Matt Hayes it was not the best...

Not sure If Dave Lane is still with them tbh, his monthly blog is now sponsored my monster particles, apparently matt Hayes didn't have any input into tackle design either 

22 minutes ago, Highy said:

Got the 3, and to be honest, not that keen, may keep hold u til they grow on me, but not a particular 10foot fan myself.

I didn't mind using 10ft rods tbh, however I do prefer the 12ft, they seem to be more controllable on casting and they don't look too short on the buzz bars, it's all about how they feel though I prefer the longer handle of a 12ft rod I think 

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I didn't mind using 10ft rods tbh, however I do prefer the 12ft, they seem to be more controllable on casting and they don't look too short on the buzz bars, it's all about how they feel though I prefer the longer handle of a 12ft rod I think 

12ft is definitely better for casting; leverage, tip speed etc.

The main problem with most factory built 12ft rods is the handle length, I find many too long. I want the end of the butt only just past, or even in line with my elbow.

31 minutes ago, Highy said:

Got the 3, and to be honest, not that keen, may keep hold u til they grow on me, but not a particular 10foot fan myself.

They do make very good floater rods. I did borrow my mates just to check...