Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

1 hour ago, Big Bass said:

Fox easy mat, need a mat with sides and a lid for when I hopefully get a decent fish for my self takes. 

4BFE7651-6474-4DBD-90F6-DC134666A606.thumb.jpeg.3da2cf00fe786c213bdcd8bf9ba757b5.jpeg

A mate has this in the Fox Camo....WILL NOT part with it.

26 minutes ago, Highy said:

A mate has this in the Fox Camo....WILL NOT part with it.

I borrowed my nephews easy mat last summer had a low 20 in there, plenty of room for a biggie. I like the handles.  The cost of the mat was £65. Just got to get the hang of folding it to get it back in the bag my mate was almost crying watching me.   ..... Camo is a no no I never fnd it   😉

16 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

I borrowed my nephews easy mat last summer had a low 20 in there, plenty of room for a biggie. I like the handles.  The cost of the mat was £65. Just got to get the hang of folding it to get it back in the bag my mate was almost crying watching me.   ..... Camo is a no no I never fnd it   😉

I have the Saber Quick Mat...

similar to the below, mate borrowed it before lock down...gonna get it back next week for my 72hr week after...IMG_20200515_203558.jpg.436dc010ebda13e8eb6f2a2a88821192.jpg

The Fox Camo XL in action , …… If you can see it 😀

Down side for me is if you have a large fish and it flips ect , they have no problem flattening the sides down .

If you notice bottom right on the matt a small length of Leadcore , this is about 1M long ,  fixed to the matt, loop at the other end , which then enables me to peg it down in windy weather, thus not finding across the lake in the morning  

IMG_3006.JPG

On 16/05/2020 at 09:53, dayvid said:

The Fox Camo XL in action , …… If you can see it 😀

Down side for me is if you have a large fish and it flips ect , they have no problem flattening the sides down .

If you notice bottom right on the matt a small length of Leadcore , this is about 1M long ,  fixed to the matt, loop at the other end , which then enables me to peg it down in windy weather, thus not finding across the lake in the morning  

IMG_3006.JPG

I also have the XL easy Mat but in green, kept losing the camo one 😂

Agree that they're great Mats and I probably wouldn't use anything else now. 

Thanks for the idea for pet points though,  hadn't thought about windy nights lol

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

3x Avon skin so soft, I was sitting in the garden last night and I heard one of the little barstewards, time for action, 

I may go posh and get some citronella candles today if I go shopping 

I need to look after my skin so I moisturise at night , so your post has given me a reminder , Elmo .

When I go night fishing next weekend I'll put on some Avon Skin So Soft before I go to bed , and maybe do a belt and braces job and light a citronella candle as well 🤫.

It would be interesting to compare my results to your  , Elmo .

The Viking Angler has posted elsewhere asking about Mossie Coils , and it will be interesting to read any replies he gets ; if I remember rightly you need a high percentage of Deet in a product to repel mossies , but Deet is vicious stuff ? .

😃

20 minutes ago, crusian said:

I need to look after my skin so I moisturise at night , so your post has given me a reminder , Elmo .

When I go night fishing next weekend I'll put on some Avon Skin So Soft before I go to bed , and maybe do a belt and braces job and light a citronella candle as well 🤫.

It would be interesting to compare my results to your  , Elmo .

The Viking Angler has posted elsewhere asking about Mossie Coils , and it will be interesting to read any replies he gets ; if I remember rightly you need a high percentage of Deet in a product to repel mossies , but Deet is vicious stuff ? .

😃

Mine just arrived so I tested it, I smell lovely now and it's not oily either which is nice, I also wonder if being deet free means it will be less effective, but I shall just go mozzie mesh and spray for this session and see as I haven't got any candles or probably won't have time to get any 👍

21 hours ago, crusian said:

😃

Deet is just one of several repellents buddy and yes, it's awful stuff.

Most mozzie coils use D-Allerthrin. You have to be careful as it's not the kind of stuff you want to breath in yourself. But they're effective.

Citronella is pretty friendly stuff and I find it is effective too.

I keep a can of Wilko insect spray on me but only as a last resort 50% deet, i mainly use those wrist bands as they do work, will also use citronella in the bivvy, would love a thermocell just a bit pricey. 

The skin so soft needs constant application or very near gets a bit much. 

48 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

I keep a can of Wilko insect spray on me but only as a last resort 50% deet, i mainly use those wrist bands as they do work, will also use citronella in the bivvy, would love a thermocell just a bit pricey. 

The skin so soft needs constant application or very near gets a bit much. 

I only put it on at night as that’s when the mozzies are usually rife
during the day it’s not that bad

On 15/05/2020 at 21:05, Big Bass said:

It was a toss up between the Saber and the fox 

On 15/05/2020 at 20:37, Highy said:

I have the Saber Quick Mat...

similar to the below, mate borrowed it before lock down...gonna get it back next week for my 72hr week after...IMG_20200515_203558.jpg.436dc010ebda13e8eb6f2a2a88821192.jpg

Jus got mine back from a mate...dropped it at the back gate.... absolutely 💩 up to the 9's....just cleaned it all off...IMG_20200520_095917.thumb.jpg.309d73a0d64b38124c1e099a285b8612.jpg

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Oops I just had a big square parcel turned up in Mrs P's hands, It was at that point I remembered I had impulse purchased a ridgemonkey modular bucket whilst fishing 😳

Does Mrs P not want a Ridgemonkey Modular Bucket ? , " I thought you might like to plant a flower in it , darling ? 😁" .

😃

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Oops I just had a big square parcel turned up in Mrs P's hands, It was at that point I remembered I had impulse purchased a ridgemonkey modular bucket whilst fishing 😳

Just give her another ruby from the mine lol