Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

1 minute ago, framey said:

Just give her another ruby from the mine lol

I'm not Familier with this phrase? 

Rhyming slang 

Ruby from the mine, wine???? 

Or worst case I thought you may be suggesting I give up fishing and donate a 3rd child to the world 🤒

A baby wouldn't fit in my modular bucket 😁

Elmo Putney was from brush strokes Starring Karl howman(?) as jacko the painter and decorator

Elmo went to Australia when his marriage fell through With his dog 

his dog found Ruby’s emeralds etc so Elmo made his fortune and returned to the uk a rich man

I thought maybe your user name was in ref to Elmo from brush strokes hence the comment about Ruby’s lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brush_Strokes

Edited by framey

26 minutes ago, framey said:

Elmo Putney was from brush strokes Starring Karl howman(?) as jacko the painter and decorator

Elmo went to Australia when his marriage fell through With his dog 

his dog found Ruby’s emeralds etc so Elmo made his fortune and returned to the uk a rich man

I thought maybe your user name was in ref to Elmo from brush strokes hence the comment about Ruby’s lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brush_Strokes

The nickname did come from the show but I can't remember all of them now tbh, a lot had happened since then 😅

I had best have a read and brush up my knowledge 😊

11 hours ago, elmoputney said:

The nickname did come from the show but I can't remember all of them now tbh, a lot had happened since then 😅

I had best have a read and brush up my knowledge 😊

Pun my word...

20 3oz fox camotex inline leads 

More Avid pin down leader 

I'm going to start using plastic hookbaits more often so I can have a bigger stockpile of ready tied pva bag rigs, 

Someone asked me to review the bank tackle bag stems, they work OK I found them to be a little shorter than the tadpole inserts which means you can only use small bags imo,they would be ok but I just prefer the fox tadpole set up with pindown leader and fox leads tbh, the lead acts as a Bolt rig but discharges well on a take, doesn't snag on anything so it's as safe as can be I think, the short length of leader will also take a bit of the sting out of the cast, so they work OK but I am happy using the fox set up, to me it's a lot better and it seems to work for me 👍

Fishing Licence

The Nuts and Birdseed I was on about...

Maybe a SKTek Pillow later from GoOutdoors.

Not been to good last couple days, bit better today so going to prepare the Peanuts and Seed, mix with Prepared tigers and Lashing Tiger Liquid....then do a ALL manilla base too...Manilla Boilies, Stick Mix Powder, Glug n Crushed Boilies....then Luncheon Meat for the margin.

Going for 3 different options next week, also found out there are now 2 catfish in the lake, so that carp to 25lb...1 Sturgeon too 33lb and 2 catfish at 12lb....

Edited by Highy

Got my fishing license in the post today.

Also got a order from bank tackle delivered yesterday, hooks, swivels, PVA, ect. 

First Aid Kit for the tackle bag - Thought it was about time i added one, better safe than sorry.

NGT Stage Stands - haven't really used NGT for a while but they're stainless steel so can't be that bad,

1 hour ago, The_Viking_Angler said:

Got my fishing license in the post today.

Also got a order from bank tackle delivered yesterday, hooks, swivels, PVA, ect. 

First Aid Kit for the tackle bag - Thought it was about time i added one, better safe than sorry.

NGT Stage Stands - haven't really used NGT for a while but they're stainless steel so can't be that bad,

The only thing I've found that can be poor from ngt is the stainless tbh, haven't used the stage stands, I bought quite a bit of it and most isn't that good the threads aren't good, I bought the upright sticks with the thread to make the singles set up 2 of them broke without even seeing the bank, the chunky range was better a lot more solid and up to the job but the normal ones were bad,the buzzer bars aren't so good either, but bags, rucksacks nets, unhooking mats etc perfectly decent and good value, 

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

The only thing I've found that can be poor from ngt is the stainless tbh, haven't used the stage stands, I bought quite a bit of it and most isn't that good the threads aren't good, I bought the upright sticks with the thread to make the singles set up 2 of them broke without even seeing the bank, the chunky range was better a lot more solid and up to the job but the normal ones were bad,the buzzer bars aren't so good either, but bags, rucksacks nets, unhooking mats etc perfectly decent and good value, 

The stage stands look and feel decent enough, nice big thread to secure bank sticks. The screw it comes with could be bit bigger that that is easily replaced.

I have 4 of the NGT stainless steel bank sticks which i have had and used quite a lot for about 4 years now and i haven't had a problem with them personally. 

What i do find with their stuff sometimes is that you can get bad batch of items which i think then gives them a bad name.

20 minutes ago, The_Viking_Angler said:

The stage stands look and feel decent enough, nice big thread to secure bank sticks. The screw it comes with could be bit bigger that that is easily replaced.

I have 4 of the NGT stainless steel bank sticks which i have had and used quite a lot for about 4 years now and i haven't had a problem with them personally. 

What i do find with their stuff sometimes is that you can get bad batch of items which i think then gives them a bad name.

The normal banksticks are OK it was the upright ones more than anything they had a weak join that just seems to break, and the quality of the threads, and I found the buzzer bar threads could be a bit hit and miss and they also moved a bit, probably just need retapping and they would be fine, for the money they are OK but I would be disappointed paying more for them 

Just bought some new bits a Korum 1 metre leverage xt bankstick and two fox mini swingers to replace the jrc kurves, seen a nice set of nevile banksticks with the swan neck buzzbars they were up to 65 on the first day of listing i console myself in the thought my barrow don't need all that extra weight. 

Oex pot/pan set. Comes with 2 pots(1.4L &1.6L), a frying pan and some small plastic bowls and all packs up in itself. 

Getting a lil bit bored of the same stuff on the toastie maker each session so these will make the longer sessions a little bit more varied in terms of food choice 

43 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

I do love a centerpin...  which one is it...?

Erm not sure macro cosrti or something. Like that seems to spin fine 

Ive been promised a jw young pursit when dies  as he told today. Not that  im expected to get my hands on that any time soon

10 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

Erm not sure macro cosrti or something. Like that seems to spin fine 

Ive been promised a jw young pursit when dies  as he told today. Not that  im expected to get my hands on that any time soon

I have a ltd edition purist 

haven’t used it for over 10 years lol

Edited by framey