Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

26 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20200526_203959.thumb.jpg.bf721fe45f45856747952303e021db23.jpg

This is why I wanted a modular bucket it's a PVA organisation station, 🤔

A man with a plan. 👍

I've spent the day cooking up particles. Two pressure cooker full of tigers, 1 of peanuts and a large Burco full of pigeon conditioner/hemp mix. 

That's a seasons worth of tigers. And as for the peanuts,  the goldfish and tench in my pond couldn't get enough of them. Just hope the carp feel the same when I go tomorrow night. 

11 minutes ago, emmcee said:

A man with a plan. 👍

I've spent the day cooking up particles. Two pressure cooker full of tigers, 1 of peanuts and a large Burco full of pigeon conditioner/hemp mix. 

That's a seasons worth of tigers. And as for the peanuts,  the goldfish and tench in my pond couldn't get enough of them. Just hope the carp feel the same when I go tomorrow night. 

It's another step closer to being organised. Although I have lost my distance sticks can't find them anywhere 😁

Good luck tomorrow, I'm going too in the morning, hopefully carp.com will be awash with monster carps, 🤞🤞🤞🙏

I'm having a pellet clearance sale tomorrow,after the mice came I have 2 big buckets of pellets a couple of kilos of birdseed and a load of boilies too, 

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

It's another step closer to being organised. Although I have lost my distance sticks can't find them anywhere 😁

Good luck tomorrow, I'm going too in the morning, hopefully carp.com will be awash with monster carps, 🤞🤞🤞🙏

I'm having a pellet clearance sale tomorrow,after the mice came I have 2 big buckets of pellets a couple of kilos of birdseed and a load of boilies too, 

Good luck yourself.  I can't get down til late afternoon/early evening.  There is an Easterly wind coming in  around midnight tomorrow and I want to be on the end of it waiting as 9 times out of 10 they follow it. Just hope the forecast is right and no one else thinks the same. 

5 hours ago, emmcee said:

Good luck yourself.  I can't get down til late afternoon/early evening.  There is an Easterly wind coming in  around midnight tomorrow and I want to be on the end of it waiting as 9 times out of 10 they follow it. Just hope the forecast is right and no one else thinks the same. 

I'm looking at a mad dog lunchtime start I think, struggling to get myself together this morning, 😭 my better half is having a lie in this morning as I am going fishing, its only fair I think. 

so I am answering the series of repetitive questions I seem to be getting, when is it breakfast time? Can I have this? Is it biscuit time yet? Dad I need a poo? Dad can we watch TV, dad, dad, dad, aaaaagh 

Me kids the more you ask the longer it will take, in a minute, I'm just doing something else, I'm currently seeking solace in the garden 😁

5 hours ago, emmcee said:

There is an Easterly wind coming in  around midnight

It's coming about 8pm tonight here which gives me a dilemma. I'm baiting @ 1pm this arvo and they have been held up on the east side for a week or two. I was planning on baiting on their heads (for fishing tomoz) but you just know if I do that they'll shift on the new wind. If I bait where the wind will hit I have no doubt they'll stay put lol.

27 minutes ago, yonny said:

It's coming about 8pm tonight here which gives me a dilemma. I'm baiting @ 1pm this arvo and they have been held up on the east side for a week or two. I was planning on baiting on their heads (for fishing tomoz) but you just know if I do that they'll shift on the new wind. If I bait where the wind will hit I have no doubt they'll stay put lol.

It's going to be a sods law day today I think, I'm just going to see about making a trap for evening and night time when it cools down a bit I think, I've just got a compass app though so I may see where this easterly may guide them 

19 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I got creative last night and made some DIY distance sticks to replace the ones I couldn't find 😜lightweight, aluminium, high viz tape, 😁

I predict they'll be a little tricky to use mate. The line will get caught as you re-spool. 

40 minutes ago, yonny said:

I predict they'll be a little tricky to use mate. The line will get caught as you re-spool. 

The top part will be facing inwards,but I am ready for them to fall 😁 I used storm poles last time and they were a pig to respool with I will try them and see hopefully they will be better 🤞🤞🙏

Well I ordered a new barrow on Monday night and it arrived today. A daiwa fold loader, I've not used it yet but I am well made up with it, it's  not the biggest Barrow in the world but it is plenty big enough for my needs, which are days and overnighter's and maybe the odd 48 hr now and and again, really well built everything seems solid on it, it  came with 2 pannier bags for the sides and a front bag. I haven't tried loading it up yet but it does seem well balanced,  when i wheeled it there's virtually no weight to it at all. 

20200527_184143.thumb.jpg.8ea19b7178a4277c36109e6ec64574cb.jpg20200527_184041.thumb.jpg.68d2bd47428bc9826979f70cf021926c.jpg20200527_183952.thumb.jpg.de85a42bb06964a9c38574a09e6d3eb6.jpg

12 hours ago, yonny said:

You know it mate. 

I didnt get where I wanted anyway, though the fella is going tomorrow morning about 10 so I've told him to let me know when he's going so I can jump in behind him.  

That said I have found a pocket of fish in a corner so hopefully nick one before moving tomorrow 

2 hours ago, finchey said:

Well I ordered a new barrow on Monday night and it arrived today. A daiwa fold loader, I've not used it yet but I am well made up with it, it's  not the biggest Barrow in the world but it is plenty big enough for my needs, which are days and overnighter's and maybe the odd 48 hr now and and again, really well built everything seems solid on it, it  came with 2 pannier bags for the sides and a front bag. I haven't tried loading it up yet but it does seem well balanced,  when i wheeled it there's virtually no weight to it at all. 

20200527_184143.thumb.jpg.8ea19b7178a4277c36109e6ec64574cb.jpg20200527_184041.thumb.jpg.68d2bd47428bc9826979f70cf021926c.jpg20200527_183952.thumb.jpg.de85a42bb06964a9c38574a09e6d3eb6.jpg

Clever idea. 

11 hours ago, elmoputney said:

It's going to be a sods law day today I think, I'm just going to see about making a trap for evening and night time when it cools down a bit I think, I've just got a compass app though so I may see where this easterly may guide them 

That's what I've done. A couple of traps set for the night/ morning feed. The fishing is a bit moody so not holding out much hope. 

23 minutes ago, commonly said:

Greys aircurve.

Been offered as good as new, 3 rods,marker and spod, for £500. 

Anyone got them, heard of them or recommend?? 

Screenshot_20200529-235142.png

I've not got them, they sound and look nice though and that seems a decent price what test curve are they? 

I doubt you would lose money on them if you didn't like them and don't greys have a lifetime warranty, I know they used to years ago 

I think one of the carp cast guys tried them and ended up getting some though as he really liked them 👍

8 hours ago, elmoputney said:

what test curve are they?

3lb.12 ft. 50mm butt ring. 

I've just got to convince the Boss it's a good investment!! Shakey ground as I've just spent similar money on my new tickets🤞🙏🙏🙏🙏

1 minute ago, commonly said:

3lb.12 ft. 50mm butt ring. 

I've just got to convince the Boss it's a good investment!! Shakey ground as I've just spent similar money on my new tickets🤞🙏🙏🙏🙏

Good luck with that one 👍

10 hours ago, commonly said:

Greys aircurve.

Been offered as good as new, 3 rods,marker and spod, for £500. 

Anyone got them, heard of them or recommend?? 

Screenshot_20200529-235142.png

Well you're talking £630.00 just for the three rod and I can't find a price for the spod or maker.  When I was into my sea fishing I always had grey's rods and the build quality of those was faultless, so I can't see the carp rods being any different. So they sound like a bargain to me mate, but it's her indoors that have to convince, good luck with that one mate.😁👍🎣

54 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

500 will seem like a bargain 😁

Now I'm confused!!

She said yeah go for it😳!! 

Am I getting good value for money??? Its a minefield now! I don't really tend to use a marker rod, but want a brand matching spod rod!! 

It would of been easy if she just said no

2 minutes ago, commonly said:

Now I'm confused!!

She said yeah go for it😳!! 

Am I getting good value for money??? Its a minefield now! I don't really tend to use a marker rod, but want a brand matching spod rod!! 

It would of been easy if she just said no

You could just sell the marker rod and make some money back. 😁👍🎣

Edited by finchey