What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A week on Redmire. My mate managed to get through last week so the 3 of us have the last week in September 

Gorgeous... sounds like Rolling Thunder 

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

Posted Images

New 4hp motor for the sea

Thinking about getting an electric one for river fishing. I've found a nice spot along the river that's not accessible from roads just a mile walk through an over grown field, never seen anyone fishing there cos its a pain to get to. So thinking about motoring over to it on the boat lol

Tackle for sea fishing rigs, all the bling stuff 😂 cant wait to get back carp fishing but the lakes are rammed, canal is rammed with fishermen and day walkers, so giving the carp fishing a miss at the moment, but be back on it when river season starts. 

Have been out on the boat though, loads of fun but a nightmare getting used to the outboard, first time out of Brixham harbour had me going round in circles off the slipway but got the hang of it after a few minutes 😂😂 caught some mackerel on my first fishing trip, 6 hooks on an inflatable boat is a bit too much for me so ended up cutting 2 off for the next trip 😂

Went for a walk around the reservoirs yesterday and they were empty. Considering taking up fly fishing 🎣😂

Ordered some Berkley CF600 Fluorocarbon in 18lb from Angling Direct a week ago for sub 50 yard fishing. I know I should have used a local shop but they want you to jump through hoops with the Corona Virus, 'phone first, wait at the door, plastic payment etc. etc. Never had a problem with AD before but despite it showing in stock, they still haven't dispatched it. E-mailed them and had a polite letter back but no indication as to when they will send it. Should have jumped through the hoops! I did hear that AD were overstretching themselves and won't be in a hurry to order again.

Some Korda armorkord shock leader only one they had 

soft pellets for hookers for Tuesday when I take the grandson out 

8mm predrilled halibut pellets the wife’s favourite

black zig foam

esp tungsten beads The new style ones to see what they are like as I use a bead on my quick change swivel instead of silicone.

On 10/06/2020 at 19:32, commonly said:

These have arrived, funky leads! 

New carp care kit. 

Shimano spod rod. 

Jungle formula. 

Gardener wide gape talon point hooks in size 4.

I've been told by the management I've got to stop buying stuff now😕

IMG-20200610-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20200608-WA0011.jpeg

Good grief , Commonly , are you Highy in disguise ? 😁 

I've bought some more stuff recently 

Gardner covert rig bits,

Bmg Square chod hooks and stiff rig hooks, I like the square ones 

12ft paracord distance stick cord with 3 grenade markers on, £6.75 I bought these as I had a small breakthrough last time I used the inserts of my storm poles as sticks and they were the nuts, being longer so rather than buying new distance sticks I treated myself to a flashy cord 😁

Bank tackle coated braid and chod link, swivels and clips and toot 

Usual sort of stuff for fannying around whilst not fishing 😁

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've just ordered 12kg more retro bait to top up the freezer and some proper job banana pop ups, I needed to scratch the banana itch so ordered 2kg of nutty narna to try as well 😜

Will you be posting your results on the banana pls. , Elmo ? .

I tried Solar Top Banana  Boilies and Pop Ups , and I don't think I caught anything , but then again it wasn't an exhaustive test .

4 hours ago, crusian said:

I tried Solar Top Banana  Boilies and Pop Ups , and I don't think I caught anything , but then again it wasn't an exhaustive test .

Will do, i hope it does I really want to use 2 types of boilies this year, and I wouldn't mind one being banana flavour, I remember reading an article in an old carpworld years ago I am pretty sure it was John claridge and he was using banana bait on yateley, I remember always wanting a banana bait from then, I did quite like nutrabaits pineapple and banana for a bit, I do like the other boilies I am using though so it's not the end of the world if it doesn't work out 

On 14/06/2020 at 12:14, crusian said:

IMG_20200616_222743.thumb.jpg.7d9583110ebbc1bac58d95c880987ffa.jpg

Nutty narna arrived today, I can't really smell the narna but I have a slight cold,the Shropshire gold is quite a subtle bait though too, but it seems to be stuffed full of goodies, time will tell I guess