Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

8 minutes ago, Highy said:

When you say not straight ???

Were about a did it tear?

also did he get the Sonik storm poles with it as they don't come with the Brolly/Shelter.

tear was on the seams and I haven’t seen it so can’t comment on it not being straight

he said they were fixed so I assumed they came with it like the fox ones in the supabrolly
he just said biggest pile of dogs he haS ever purchased
He is usually a Nash Titan man so I was surprised he bought this 

I have had a few sonik pieces and never had a problem 

maybe his is a Friday afternoon lemon???

Edited by framey

6 minutes ago, framey said:

tear was on the seams and I haven’t seen it so can’t comment on it not being straight

he said they were fixed so I assumed they came with it like the fox ones in the supabrolly

Right I got it wrong 

his is the XTI brolly 

10 minutes ago, framey said:

Hmmmm.... hopefully they have cottoned on to some minor issues, but all my other Sonik gear has not had 1 fault yet, touch wood, hopefully it will keep some point mid week and can give it ago next weekend 👍

Turned up......

3m Gravel Tungsten Anti Tangle tubing

Radical Artificial Boilies -

YellowVanillaX10, PinkShrimp X10

3 x 3pk Ronnie Rigs (9)

Rod Hutchinson Vice Hooks XL x 10...be awesome for Ronnie's these 👍🏻

15 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Hope you've got some strong line to go with it mate? 

Last time I used my spod rod and reel with 50lb braid, I just switched between a lead, spod and small rake seemed to work OK 

It weighs about 3.5oz on the way out 😁

10 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Last time I used my spod rod and reel with 50lb braid, I just switched between a lead, spod and small rake seemed to work OK 

It weighs about 3.5oz on the way out 😁

I was going to say I wouldn't use it with anything less than 50lb braid. 👍

7 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I was going to say I wouldn't use it with anything less than 50lb braid. 👍

Its not as bad as you think tbh, I've brought in similar on my 15lb hydrotuff, once the prongs are full it doesn't pick up a lot more if you see what I mean, it can be hard work though 🤮😩

A kilo of sultanas to prepare as spiced sweet bait... caught on it years ago... gonna try it again... steep in boiling water for a wee while till they swell, pour off the water, add mixed spice and a huge lug of honey and stir... allow to cool, portion into batches and freeze... then thaw out and then refreeze... fish on a stack on a hair or directly on the hook over a light scattering

Addendum... keep a tub of water to wash hands and catty in after baiting up... veeerrry sticky...

Edited by bluelabel

10 x 3oz fox camo inline leads

2 x 50-90mm banks ticks ( I struggled to get above the weed in the first swim I was in last week, so need to get the rod tips higher next time out). 

1 minute ago, commonly said:

10 x 3oz fox camo inline leads

2 x 50-90mm banks ticks ( I struggled to get above the weed in the first swim I was in last week, so need to get the rod tips higher next time out). 

Get some fox tadpole inserts for them makes them so much safer and great for pva bags too 👍 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Get some fox tadpole inserts for them makes them so much safer and great for pva bags too 👍 

I nearly always fish them drop off pattern, but I'll have a look, cheers 

My old ticket, it was the rules! Plus a ton of Canadian meant if you didn't you would be in for some kind of hassle. 

I used to feel that way elmo but what's a quid for fish safety? 

I lost a few last week with no fish to show for it🙄

2 hours ago, commonly said:

My old ticket, it was the rules! Plus a ton of Canadian meant if you didn't you would be in for some kind of hassle. 

I used to feel that way elmo but what's a quid for fish safety? 

I lost a few last week with no fish to show for it🙄

Where can you buy fox leads for a quid ? I found 5 on ebay for £8.50 so using them as an example say the average angler loses 5 per weekend that is £442 a year in lost leads, that's quite a lot, especially if you don't need too 

Personally I know in the event of a line break the lead will eject from the tadpole, quite often the fish have shaken them from the insert during a fight anyway, so any breakage and they are coming off, as they have a larger hole due to the original insert being taken out, i think in an extreme situation then maybe drop the lead but if not keep em on I think 👍

54 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Where can you buy fox leads for a quid ? I found 5 on ebay for £8.50 so using them as an example say the average angler loses 5 per weekend that is £442 a year in lost leads, that's quite a lot, especially if you don't need too 

Personally I know in the event of a line break the lead will eject from the tadpole, quite often the fish have shaken them from the insert during a fight anyway, so any breakage and they are coming off, as they have a larger hole due to the original insert being taken out, i think in an extreme situation then maybe drop the lead but if not keep em on I think 👍

Screenshot_20200621_160107.thumb.jpg.51ef698d9cf5cca03f459cdb251addac.jpg

These are gonna be my new leads...

Also...wrap turned up...no bivvy yet...

IMG_20200629_095939.thumb.jpg.655d66f5568e9b2632d4c83251f59e52.jpg

3 minutes ago, yonny said:

You guys are nuts using Fox leads imo. There are loads of options for cheap leads now lads. I wouldn't pay more than 70p a lead nowadays.

I like the tadpole set up, the cheap Inlines I bought the insert wouldn't come out, but as I am not losing many they aren't bad value 😁 I wouldn't pay full price for other types of lead though 👍