Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

16 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Another Abu444a to make a 3rd Sharpes/Abu combo...

This lark's costing me a fortune and the wife has raised an oh so delicately trimmed and shaped eyebrow at my latest shenannigans...

Think I'll have to behave meself for a bit..🤪😘

My Mrs told  me to behave once. 

I think I lasted an hour... 😖😂😉

19 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

This lark's costing me a fortune and the wife has raised an oh so delicately trimmed and shaped eyebrow at my latest shenannigans...

Now I’m no expert but you could tell your good lady it’s an investment 🤔 

22 hours ago, bluelabel said:

I think this calls for a 'photo of your gear laid out in all its' glory .

😁

23 hours ago, bluelabel said:

I  used to own a Abu 484 beach caster cork handle lovely rod but heavy, didn’t have the cash so swapped my pedal bike and my brothers told him his got stolen lol  must have been in the 70’s ...what do the Abu reel go for if you don’t mind saying and what age is it ? .  I promise not to tell your misses lol

I don't know the date of it till I get it and try and identify the markings on the reel foot... I paid £51 for it.... Abu's go for quite a bit and come up rarely... some of the prices of overseas reels are eye-wateringly expensive...

This one will be the 3rd Abu444a I own and I'll be mating it with a 3rd Sharpes 9 footer to make a matched trio... (I hope to get to Redmire once more with the full set... a man can dream...!!)

4 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

Popped into go out doors, the packs of swives were £2:49 each  20 in a pack, which I thought was reasonable  But to get the discount you got to pay £5 for a year. Got the power bank nx door in the range 

7BA8F47B-90E8-4825-AC05-B2686CAFA896.jpeg

May look at mine soon, need some quick change, yeh got the discount card myself, but some go outdoors stores now have fishing Republic based inside too. 

Edited by Highy
38 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Go outdoors may not be much longer for this world as they called in the administrators a couple of weeks ago... there may be a few deals to be had if they close

So called JD Sports have bought them back?? 

10 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

That would explain the lack of bait on the shelf’s I had the last of the sticky baits bloodworm pellets 4mm. They didn’t have many bikes there come to think of it. 

My local one doesn’t stock any sticky Baits stuff
it stocks 

munch baits some dynamite and some rod Hutchinson 

Edited by framey
7 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Go outdoors may not be much longer for this world as they called in the administrators a couple of weeks ago... there may be a few deals to be had if they close

As highly said JD put them into administration and bought the company straight back. Must some sort of legal fiddle they can get away with. 🙂

6 hours ago, Highy said:

So called JD Sports have bought them back?? 

What does this mean though, will they keep the stores as they are or will they bring out different products etc?

The fishing section at my local go out doors was brilliant, the lads that looked after that section did a real good job and were always there to help or to have a chat with. Also the sticky krill boilies were like £8 cheaper than my local tackle shop lol.

I wonder if they will carry on doing fishing stuff?