What is your newest purchase

1 minute ago, jh92 said:

What does this mean though, will they keep the stores as they are or will they bring out different products etc?

The fishing section at my local go out doors was brilliant, the lads that looked after that section did a real good job and were always there to help or to have a chat with. Also the sticky krill boilies were like £8 cheaper than my local tackle shop lol.

I wonder if they will carry on doing fishing stuff?

Go outdoors have there own brand - Westlake, but other things maybe also sold as go outdoors products, but the Wigan 1 has Fishing Republic in as the Fishing side now... Starting a Loyalty Scheme also soon. 

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

listen up lads and i will impart the secret!! tuck the rods under your arm and just walk in like nothing is different, as you walk by the shoe stand just casually look down and say out loud,, NEW SHOE

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

Posted Images

Put my order in at pure pellets, love that place great range and managed to get them to dispatch my order for overnight delivery at no extra charge outside the normal P&P'

I got a kilo of green crumb , 1 K of meaty mix ground bait, 1 K of ground super slicker pellets 1 K of ground blood worm and 5 K of the pellet mix.

Cygnet catapult

3 kilo mix of red and gold boiles

Esp Syncro line, it's what the local shop had in didn't fancy siting drumming my fingers waiting for line to turn up. 

On 15/07/2020 at 20:08, dayvid said:

love Seiko watches

So do I Dayvid, the only problem I have with them is that I can never get the standard bracelets adjusted so that they fit me "just so". 
I'll have a good go with this one though before I look elsewhere.
The thing I like about this particular model is the colour of the face. It's a nice blue/grey that looks different from various angles, a nice contrast to the black bezel and sub dials.
It also has a "Mecha-quartz" movement, which are supposed to be very good, and was originally manufactured for the Japanese domestic market, so should be quite rare over here.
It arrived yesterday but nobody was home to sign for it, so planned re-delivery is for tomorrow when the wife will be around.

I have a couple of other Seiko models, particularly like a "Solar" Chrono that I have, but being black and gold is a bit more "blingey" than this one.

1 hour ago, smufter said:

So do I Dayvid, the only problem I have with them is that I can never get the standard bracelets adjusted so that they fit me "just so". 
I'll have a good go with this one though before I look elsewhere.
The thing I like about this particular model is the colour of the face. It's a nice blue/grey that looks different from various angles, a nice contrast to the black bezel and sub dials.
It also has a "Mecha-quartz" movement, which are supposed to be very good, and was originally manufactured for the Japanese domestic market, so should be quite rare over here.
It arrived yesterday but nobody was home to sign for it, so planned re-delivery is for tomorrow when the wife will be around.

I have a couple of other Seiko models, particularly like a "Solar" Chrono that I have, but being black and gold is a bit more "blingey" than this one.

I end up removing a link or two everytime on bracelet straps as well. I can do it myself fairly easily.

I'd much rather Seiko or Sekonda over most more expensive Rolex. 

36 minutes ago, Highy said:

Saber scales. 

Gardner Sure Pro Line 15lb....Purple

Korda Lead clip action pack....Clay

10x 3oz Brown textured leads. 

You impetuous little devil , Highy , you just went ahead and bought the Gardner line 😁.

It will be interesting to read how you get on with Gardners' purple line , as I believe the Wychwood purple line gets mixed reviews ; I believe it's better in the higher breaking strains ? .

Is it Dayvid that uses Wychwood DPF in 18lb ? .

😃

30 minutes ago, crusian said:

You impetuous little devil , Highy , you just went ahead and bought the Gardner line 😁.

It will be interesting to read how you get on with Gardners' purple line , as I believe the Wychwood purple line gets mixed reviews ; I believe it's better in the higher breaking strains ? .

Is it Dayvid that uses Wychwood DPF in 18lb ? .

😃

I've had Gardner GTHD in the past and was a good line... 

Yeh Dayvid uses it... 

But Gardner lines are better than stated... 

WYCHWOOD

Screenshot_20200717_180523.thumb.jpg.d918cbc74c20752d70b13a48e8172d6b.jpg

GARDNER

Screenshot_20200717_180628.thumb.jpg.65969ba705a67b698f370a54dfe41a7c.jpg

The Gardner would've got my vote, although I haven't tried it 👍

I've bought a few bits lately Ive ordered a pair of amazon polarised over glasses 

Some steamies wafters and Pop Ups 

Castaway pva mesh and bags 

Some clothes from mountain warehouse including Camo cargo pants and a packamack 😲 

I've begged for a night out tomorrow and it's been granted 😳😁

2 hours ago, Highy said:

I've had Gardner GTHD in the past and was a good line... 

Yeh Dayvid uses it... 

But Gardner lines are better than stated... 

WYCHWOOD

Screenshot_20200717_180523.thumb.jpg.d918cbc74c20752d70b13a48e8172d6b.jpg

GARDNER

Screenshot_20200717_180628.thumb.jpg.65969ba705a67b698f370a54dfe41a7c.jpg

Just looking at the chart; 

You can see how many lines are overrated still, even Gardner, and Pro is one of my favourite lines. 

A 15lb line should have a diameter of 0.35mm. If it is 0.38 - 0.40 it is 18 - 20lb.

3 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Just looking at the chart; 

You can see how many lines are overrated still, even Gardner, and Pro is one of my favourite lines. 

A 15lb line should have a diameter of 0.35mm. If it is 0.38 - 0.40 it is 18 - 20lb.

The Black writing is what it states on product, Red writing is what it actually was. 

To me Gardner is under rated... The lb breaking strain on most is higher than product stated, same with diameter which is less than stated on product. 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

The Black writing is what it states on product, Red writing is what it actually was. 

To me Gardner is under rated... The lb breaking strain on most is higher than product stated, same with diameter which is less than stated on product. 

That's how I read it too, I had a little chat with a Gardner rep the other week, he said that Gardner always under rate there lines, and apparently they also do a lot of testing in house, this is also an external test by the tackle box so in theory it's impartial so it's good enough for me 

On 17/07/2020 at 08:11, salokcinnodrog said:

I end up removing a link or two everytime on bracelet straps as well. I can do it myself fairly easily.

I'd much rather Seiko or Sekonda over most more expensive Rolex. 

Bought myself a watch band removal kit off of Amazon to make life easier. Ended up removing one link and moving the clasp adjuster down one notch and fits me perfectly. Cushty!

Also changed a couple of other bracelets/straps. Wish I'd bought the kit years ago, would have saved a lot of money going to rip off jewellers.

🙄

1 hour ago, smufter said:

Bought myself a watch band removal kit off of Amazon to make life easier. Ended up removing one link and moving the clasp adjuster down one notch and fits me perfectly. Cushty!

Also changed a couple of other bracelets/straps. Wish I'd bought the kit years ago, would have saved a lot of money going to rip off jewellers.

🙄

Its amazing when you think what we used to let others do pre Internet isn't it, all the stuff you can buy makes life easier, I had a blocked sink so I bought a turbo plunger, no need for the plumber tbis time 

I decided to go for a new Bivvy and went for the Quest Outer block. Ordered Monday night and arrived Wednesday, Great service. Took it to the bank Thursday and noticed it had a connector missing for the inner vapour sheet, The connector for the tension rope was also missing. I then noticed that the front right outer door section seemed to be sagging. After watching the set up video a 100 times and trying different things i still couldnt fix it. Contacted quest on FB messenger, They said they would give me some money off if i was happy to live with the connector missing. So i sent a few videos of the front right sagging and he agreed it was unusual but said i should be using the storm poles. so after a bit of toing and throwing (showing them that the videos they have where the bivvy is tight without the storm poles they agreed to return it, its Friday afternoons so agreed to deal with it Monday. I had to chase them Monday afternoon, Then go through the same process of saying i dont want money off i want the bivvy replaced. I don't want it collected til Wednesday as i am out tomorrow so finished the chat with "remind me tomorrow and i will get the collection sorted"... so i called him out on that because whilst they have been pretty quick in replying and supporting i know full well if i hadn't contacted them today to chase i wouldn't of got a reply and i shouldn't need to "remind them" again tomorrow.

It looks and feels a good bivvy sets up in a couple of minutes and breaks down quicker. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt by having it replaced but to have 3 problems is pretty poor, and to have to go through the same "we will give you some money off if you keep it" and "remind me tomorrow" i felt was pretty poor especially when talking to the same person.

Watch this space i guess