What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

not fishing related but the mans den is coming together ..noticed a pool table on eBay that was listed not to far away so had a cheeky bid on it .  

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Ssssshhhhh.... keep it quiet but I just snagged a Mitchell 400 off the bay.... SWMBO (hopefully) won't see it as its being delivered while she's at work.... keep schtumm.... you ain't sin me right....!!!!!😎🤫

I've been selling a lot my father In laws old bits on ebay, was amazed at how much some vintage stuff goes for tbh, all gone now though finally, I needed the space back and he just to get rid of it all 

I did sell the 3 things I would have really  liked to keep though a mint youngs purist 2, that was lovely they googled what it was worth though and I didn't want to pay that for it even with family discount 😭

A golden Green 2lb tc 10ft carp Rod, and a pair of old solar buzzer bars, there were some other nice bits though, Mitchell 300, Mitchell 4450, lots of other reels and bits too, was nice to see all the vintage stuff tbh, I wish I could've kept some but hey ho, there were lots of people who wanted to sneak old reels in while the misses was out 😁

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

Ssssshhhhh.... keep it quiet but I just snagged a Mitchell 400 off the bay.... SWMBO (hopefully) won't see it as its being delivered while she's at work.... keep schtumm.... you ain't sin me right....!!!!!😎🤫

Blue you got me thinking of old gear ( not your age 😉 )  and one of my 1st proper reels which was a intrepid black prince they go for £10 -£15 on the Bay thinking it would look good on the shelf and I would use it now an then. 

7 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Black Princes make good leger weights....  the one I had wore a groove in the bale arm cut the line after a while... I still use an Intrepid Elite though... nice reel... a good rival to a Mitchell...

20190910_115529.jpg

I’m mainly getting the black prince for my happy childhood memories of using it. So doesn’t matter really if it’s not up to  scratch, be nice just to hold it. Iv got hold of some porcupine quill floats..... just need to find out what solid fibreglass rod we were using at the time.  🤔

5 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Allcocks Wizard and Intrepid Elite...  a lovely combo to use... I was after Perch with a Cockle and picked this beauty up... think it may not be a true Crucian... maybe a hint of brown Goldfish in there...?

Hello Blue 

I had a Intrepid Elite once , but a spring broke .

Can you get spares / get them repaired anymore ? , only it was a beautifully sensitive reel .

😃

3 hours ago, crusian said:

Hello Blue 

I had a Intrepid Elite once , but a spring broke .

Can you get spares / get them repaired anymore ? , only it was a beautifully sensitive reel .

😃

Possibly have a search through ebay for reels spares. A mate has picked up plenty for Mitchell reels, and he restores them from spares he has purchased.

He recently renovated one of mine.