What is your newest purchase

11 hours ago, crusian said:

Hello Blue 

I had a Intrepid Elite once , but a spring broke .

Can you get spares / get them repaired anymore ? , only it was a beautifully sensitive reel .

😃

Hi Crucian. I had a dig through my box of totally knackered fishing reels but could only find an Intrepid Regent and Intrepid Deluxe. You are welcome to them if you think they might contain the bit you need. They are all very similar so you could be lucky. I have a friend travelling to UK next Wednesday if you are interested.

intrepid.thumb.jpg.c06f75cf5dcad48fa04b8beb05f40e80.jpg

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

not fishing related but the mans den is coming together ..noticed a pool table on eBay that was listed not to far away so had a cheeky bid on it .  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, carpepecheur said:

Hi Crucian. I had a dig through my box of totally knackered fishing reels but could only find an Intrepid Regent and Intrepid Deluxe. You are welcome to them if you think they might contain the bit you need. They are all very similar so you could be lucky. I have a friend travelling to UK next Wednesday if you are interested.

intrepid.thumb.jpg.c06f75cf5dcad48fa04b8beb05f40e80.jpg

That's a very kind offer , Carpepecheur , but I'll check out ebay , your friend will probably have a full case already , hope he / she has an enjoyable trip .

😃

2 hours ago, crusian said:

That's a very kind offer , Carpepecheur , but I'll check out ebay , your friend will probably have a full case already , hope he / she has an enjoyable trip .

😃

Your welcome. He has plenty of room as he is driving. If you do not find the part you want on Ebay, let me know and I will be happy to strip these down and pop it in post.

25 minutes ago, carpepecheur said:

Wow that is VERY professional! I manage with a bit of 2 X 4 with 6 inch nails in or for heavier work four bits of re-bar welded together to make a grappling hook.

It is lovely tbh all the pins are level and straight, I did look into making my own, but quite frankly I think it would've been poor in comparison as I can't weld so would've been an abomination with ductape and shoddy ness 😁 

Actually for £31.99 posted I didn't think it was bad value as it should last a lifetime 

Also I watched the vid and the dude did seem to be able to chuck it quite far, if I can get to nearly 20m I can do some good work with it, and clear some nice spots 

I'm fishing tomorrow and I just realized my rod licence runs out today, so I just bought my new rod licence. it's so easy online now, much more convenient than having to go to the post office or fishing shop like you had to many years ago. 😁👍🎣

Edited by finchey
On 17/07/2020 at 16:53, Highy said:

Saber scales. 

Gardner Sure Pro Line 15lb....Purple

Korda Lead clip action pack....Clay

10x 3oz Brown textured leads. 

Scales n Leads not arrived yet... 

IMG_20200727_142650.thumb.jpg.a0ec19cb90e5c4e1aa79d6109886fc34.jpg

Line went on very well and did as much prep as I could, cleaned out reels best I could (watched a few videos). 

Is it worth taking out to bed in? 

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I'll be interested in your review of it in the water, it does look kinda pretty on a black reel 😳👍

If not this weekend, deffo 8th August, 24hr booked... Minimum.... Maybe a 36hr...

With it being a copolymer line to it should be a good line, good sinking ability, good resistance. 

Not bad for £14.

Edited by Highy
7 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

You should mention that blue dye stuff to the fishery owner Elmo it don't just keep the weed down it also prevents summer blooms and oxygen crashes plus the fish really do start feeding hard on the deck even on hot days.

http://bluelakedye.co.uk/

I've seen a lot worse lakes for weed it is weedy but a little swim care is usually enough to clear some spots tbh, I quite enjoy the challenge of it, and there are spots if you look hard enough, I mainly got the rake to create some spots for myself rather than just using the going swims that have seen regular pressure