What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A week on Redmire. My mate managed to get through last week so the 3 of us have the last week in September 

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

Gorgeous... sounds like Rolling Thunder 

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

You should mention that blue dye stuff to the fishery owner Elmo it don't just keep the weed down it also prevents summer blooms and oxygen crashes plus the fish really do start feeding hard on the deck even on hot days.

It also creates a false/unnatural environment/ecosystem, essentially turning a natural body of water into a commy.

Pros and cons innit. I agree with the use of this stuff on waters that pose a major risk of oxygen crash, but I think most waters to use it to make the fishing easier which for me is a complete cop out.

4 hours ago, yonny said:

It also creates a false/unnatural environment/ecosystem, essentially turning a natural body of water into a commy.

Pros and cons innit. I agree with the use of this stuff on waters that pose a major risk of oxygen crash, but I think most waters to use it to make the fishing easier which for me is a complete cop out.

It's never nice to see a good wild water go well managed,  the lake in question was a very good natural water it is still a nice lake and i was surprised to find out neither of the two big mirrors have been out in a fair while, some guys who fish regular wont report all their catches, so you never know.

The Grass snakes are still swimming the lake, that place would be a snake hunters dream, i keep away from them.

5 hours ago, Highy said:

Screenshot_20200728_110522.thumb.jpg.5590e2bc150bccea84abb48a681e6694.jpg

This was a bay area at weekend were i was... 

Ouch, i know places are packed at the mo and good waters are thin on the ground up north, i'd walk from that lazy lake owner, all in needs is a bit of chop on the surface, a fountain works best and i like them better than paddles, which might also be going on my club waters, not a big fan of them noisy lump of machinery, got them on Dog Lane it's all a bit funfair. 

6 hours ago, yonny said:

You beat me to it 

Simon Scott  goes against killing the weed in a lake

Edited by framey
1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Ouch, i know places are packed at the mo and good waters are thin on the ground up north, i'd walk from that lazy lake owner, all in needs is a bit of chop on the surface, a fountain works best and i like them better than paddles, which might also be going on my club waters, not a big fan of them noisy lump of machinery, got them on Dog Lane it's all a bit funfair. 

The Airator is just around the little corner there, but because the bailiffs are bit on the old side there shielding, but that shouldn't stop the night bailiffs also seeing to this. 

I have reported it to the Association also. 

11 minutes ago, framey said:

You beat me to it 

Simon Scott  goes against killing the weed in a lake

To be fair where i have seen it used was a very weedy water think it has gone in for the last two seasons? there is still weed in the water but nothing like it was before. it would be on the top by now without the dye, you can only find it by casting about this summer. 

44 minutes ago, Highy said:

IMG_20200728_230800.thumb.jpg.42d23f22d954b2e748ebdbbc0d4ceb9b.jpg

Scales and leads arrived at work... 

Leads not bad for 80p each... 2.5oz coated Brown flat pear. 

I use the coated leads as well..... I like to coat them in a food dip just before casting, works better in the winter because I find the dip is thicker in the cold so clings better gets messy tho. I coat the leadcore to. In the summer I leave the dip in a cool bag with ice blocks which helps .... That’s a good price 👍

2 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

I use the coated leads as well..... I like to coat them in a food dip just before casting, works better in the winter because I find the dip is thicker in the cold so clings better gets messy tho. I coat the leadcore to. In the summer I leave the dip in a cool bag with ice blocks which helps .... That’s a good price 👍

I've always dipped the full rig, but I've latley seen a few people put goo/liquid I to the anti tangle sleeve then put rig back on??? Supposed to leak out slowly? 

4 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

I run my finger and thumb along the lead core with the dip  I stay away from any clips and sleeves....can’t be having them slipping off lol 

At moment I use the Korda Lead clip system, but will be changing to Fox Running Rig system when I put my reels back on my rods next week. Been meaning to change for a while, but don't know whether to have the running rig as naked or have some tubing up from the buffer bead for the lead link to go over? 

14181125639259_629_main.jpg.4ced3a44392e6b86b6925e0f754c09ba.jpg

Be using this exact style, but no lead core. Will either be naked line or some tubing Into the bead, where I will have a quick change swivel for my rigs, with an anti tangle sleeve. 

On 25/07/2020 at 13:10, elmoputney said:

It is lovely tbh all the pins are level and straight, I did look into making my own, but quite frankly I think it would've been poor in comparison as I can't weld so would've been an abomination with ductape and shoddy ness 😁 

Actually for £31.99 posted I didn't think it was bad value as it should last a lifetime 

Also I watched the vid and the dude did seem to be able to chuck it quite far, if I can get to nearly 20m I can do some good work with it, and clear some nice spots 

Hi Elmo

I fancy one of those .

Where did you get it pls.? .

I don't think it counts as advertising if you , Elmo , don't stand to make any financial gain ? .

😁

6 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hi Elmo

I fancy one of those .

Where did you get it pls.? .

I don't think it counts as advertising if you , Elmo , don't stand to make any financial gain ? .

😁

https://www.uniqueweldingservices.co.uk/product-page/stealth-weed-rake

There you go, it's cheaper from him direct rather than ebay, enjoy

26 minutes ago, crusian said:

Thanks , Elmo .

I've just got to work out how to sneak it past my Wife , it would help if they send it through Royal Mail , but it sounds too heavy ? .

😃

Its only a kilo pretty sure it was royal mail tbh, just tell her it's a stinger and you are going to do your bit to slow the traffic down 👍

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

life jacket 

After struggling with the weed, I decided I need to get out on the open water and find some spots out in the pond, where the rudd won't be such a nuisance, there is a rowing boat so It would be nice to get afloat ⛴️🛥️😁

Oh yes, I bought a life jacket as well for my syndicate. Boat is only for weeded fish, but I would much rather have my own inflating life jacket rather than a borrowed one.

Just now, crusian said:

How's your new syndicate working out for you , Nick , are you enjoying yourself ? .

😃

Can't fish it until 1st September, so spent some time looking for barbel on the Wensum. 

I did help out with weed clearing a couple of swims, and met a few of the other members. 

Lovely looking place, but no publicity, so any fish captures will be with cut out background. 

It looks like a place I could happily spend a few years. 

9 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Can't fish it until 1st September, so spent some time looking for barbel on the Wensum. 

I did help out with weed clearing a couple of swims, and met a few of the other members. 

Lovely looking place, but no publicity, so any fish captures will be with cut out background. 

It looks like a place I could happily spend a few years. 

Hopefully Sept. will bring cooler temperatures , big winds and feeding fish ! .

I look forward to seeing  your smiling face with a big old carp .

😁