Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

5 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Hear they are quite heavy... albeit very sturdy

Quite heavy is the understatement of the year, it is not suitable for barrowing round a lake or anything like that.

Apart from the weight it is excellent, but for that one problem I would sell mine in a heartbeat if anyone's interested lol

Taxi for Taylor - the idiot! 👎

35 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Love the look of those not keen on the 30 kilo weight though i made the mistake of buying the carpzone wide bed when i should of got a better compact bed, thing is a lump of awkwardness. 

My mistake before this one was buying a cheap compact bed chair for my brolley shelter lol

Bigger bed, bigger shelter I thought after suffering 2 nights in the compact brolley and bed.

Now I've got a bed almost too big for the car and a shelter that weighs a tonne.

Back to the drawing board🤦‍♂️

2 Beds and a bivvy for sale, I give up 🤣

Wide boy bedchair here... need a compact bivvy to match, tried scope brolly and abode second skin... got soaked at Ashmead, so bought a Nash Titan Hide... got an overnighter on Monday at the Mill in Chelmsford so will let you know how it works... gotta say that I'm about ease of erection (fnaaaaar)  and coverage... so we'll see how it goes...👍

Been online to blakes baits again 25kg of skrettings 11mm pellets 

5kg of mixed skrettings pellets for pva mesh bags 

Will have to get some more boilies soon the freezer is pretty bare also and I'm running out of liquids😬

I've banned myself from hookbaits though 😅 I've even just amino soaked a lot of my older ones I'm gonna even use some again 😲

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Been online to blakes baits again 25kg of skrettings 11mm pellets 

5kg of mixed skrettings pellets for pva mesh bags 

Will have to get some more boilies soon the freezer is pretty bare also and I'm running out of liquids😬

I've banned myself from hookbaits though 😅 I've even just amino soaked a lot of my older ones I'm gonna even use some again 😲

Nice to see you're slowing down 👍🤣

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

skrettings pellets

Let me know what you think of them please elmo.

Last year Skretting shut their UK plant down. It's now all imported from the France plant. I'm not 100% sure but I think the oil/protein % on the label is different to what it was before (I haven't got an old bag/label to check). I'm not nearly as impressed with the latest batches as I have been previously.

I had so much confidence in the UK stuff. I hate it when a staple baits changes.

17 minutes ago, yonny said:

Last year Skretting shut their UK plant down. It's now all imported from the France plant. I'm not 100% sure but I think the oil/protein % on the label is different to what it was before (I haven't got an old bag/label to check). I'm not nearly as impressed with the latest batches as I have been previously.

I had so much confidence in the UK stuff. I hate it when a staple baits changes.

I haven't got the bag anymore, they are still low oil content though and suitable for all year usage, they have helped me bulk bait and I'm convinced the fish are coming in for them along with the boilies,I have seen a positive reaction when just pre-baiting with them, they also take on Liquids well, will take a photo of the label when the next ones arrive but I will and would use them confidently if that helps 👍I also haven't caught any tench or bream since using them but I know they are also eating them 

35 minutes ago, yonny said:

I'm sure they were higher in oil before (I use the Trout Elites).

I'm just not happy with the latest batch. I think I'll give the Skretting Horizon or Coppens Halibuts a go next time.

I'm using the carp pellets as they are available in 11mm I wanted quite a big pellet to make it a little more nuisance resistant, I remember the protien content was 34%ish and they were low oil 7.1% maybe??? , but I can't remember the full numbers, i also thought low oil might be better as then I can carry on using them throughout the winter, I always boost them anyway so they are personalised 😁

Trout and halibuts are also banned but would avoid the halibut on catfish grounds 😂

Edited by elmoputney
2 hours ago, yonny said:

I believe that the make up changed from white fishmeal to blood protein when they went over to France. This obviously changes both the oil and protein percentage, even digestibility and break down times.

I've stopped using loads of pellets as I don't have time to be checking each batch out. Gone back to preparing my own particles, chicken corn and hemp. Mind you even hemp is more expensive and grittier than it used to be.

39 minutes ago, yonny said:

As in blood powder? That comes from mammals, it can't be right surely? These are trout pellets.

Have a look at Skrettings website, definitely new ingredients being used, including animals offcuts and by products as they switch to what they call 'Micro-balance' 

5 minutes ago, yonny said:

Found it. Jeez, no wonder they look different!

I don't have a problem with new ingredients being used, obviously because of the cost increase of white fishmeal and how 'we' have overfished certain areas, but I do want a consistent pellet, not changing from batch to batch. 

I knew that Skretting had changed from fishmeal to bloodmeal, but was surprised at the increase of non animal ingredients as well as the adding of insect meals. 

https://www.skretting.com/en/faq/what-ingredients-are-in-Skrettings-fish-and-shrimp-feeds/#:~:text=Typically%2C feeds can contain a,human consumption of land animals.

Typically, feeds can contain a mix of marine (fishmeal and fish oil) vegetable (for example wheat, soy, rapeseed, sunflower and faba) and by-products from human consumption of land animals. 

They are still using fish meals in them but the way I read it is they are just trying to use more readily available ingredients as in by products from land animals which to me is fair enough, I'm not being funny but how many bait companies have an aquaculture research and development facility? I think they probably do more research than most of the bait companies we all readily use 

5 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I don't have a problem with new ingredients being used

I do.

Skretting are making a pellet that satisfies the nutritional requirements of certain fish. As a carp angler I am using them because they are very attractive to fish. If the pellets are potentially less attractive as a result of any change then I need to know about it.

Obviously something has got to give with the shortage of fishmeals but personally I'd be happy to pay an inflated price for the stuff rather than an alternative that is as nutritional but less attractive. 

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I'm not being funny but how many bait companies have an aquaculture research and development facility? I think they probably do more research than most of the bait companies we all readily use 

Bait and feed are imo two different fields. Yes their lab will be world-leading in terms of nutrition, but I'll bet that there are guys on this forum that understand more about attraction than them. Two different fields of research imo, although they are obviously strongly intertwined.

13 minutes ago, yonny said:

I do.

Skretting are making a pellet that satisfies the nutritional requirements of certain fish. As a carp angler I am using them because they are very attractive to fish. If the pellets are potentially less attractive as a result of any change then I need to know about it.

Obviously something has got to give with the shortage of fishmeals but personally I'd be happy to pay an inflated price for the stuff rather than an alternative that is as nutritional but less attractive. 

Bait and feed are imo two different fields. Yes their lab will be world-leading in terms of nutrition, but I'll bet that there are guys on this forum that understand more about attraction than them. Two different fields of research imo, although they are obviously strongly intertwined.

If they are nutritionally sound, then surely once the carp start eating them regularly they will decide its a decent food source and continue eating them much like a decent food source boilie ??? 

I think attraction is something that can be added to them anyway, there are so many things out there to enhance pellets it really shouldn't be too much of an issue to make them more attractive,