Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adders60

What is your newest purchase

8 minutes ago, yonny said:

Bait and feed are imo two different fields. Yes their lab will be world-leading in terms of nutrition, but I'll bet that there are guys on this forum that understand more about attraction than them. Two different fields of research imo, although they are obviously strongly intertwined.

If you want to get carp to eat pellets then put a sack in a cement mixer, throw in a litre of sunflower oil and a load of garlic powder. This is the commercial way of getting powdered medication eaten and not wasted. (obviously they put the medication in the mixer too). Garlic acts not only as an appetite stimulant but also overpowers the medication taste/smell. 

Commercial aquaculture the fish are not fed any more than necessary per feed as to not create waste. All feeds are formulated to grow on fish, there is a limited few for conditioning for broodstock. These fish are in tanks with only one food source available, what they get fed. Fishing is a different scenario as the fish have an environment to interact with and plenty of other food sources. Personally I would say (this is without seeing the change in ingredients btw) that the difference would be minimal in terms of attraction depending on what type of animal products are used and at what levels. We all know that liver powders are great for carp after all. It would be an interesting comparison to see the difference in stimulation and feeding on the new and old formulation pellets. 

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I think attraction is something that can be added to them anyway, there are so many things out there to enhance pellets it really shouldn't be too much of an issue to make them more attractive,

This is also an option to boost attraction. 

29 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

If they are nutritionally sound, then surely once the carp start eating them regularly they will decide its a decent food source and continue eating them much like a decent food source boilie ??? 

*If they start eating them regularly.

Bear in mind everyone has access to quality baits now, so you don't want to use something that they'll only eat because it's there. You want them to LOVE what you feed, you want them to be actively searching for it.

Long term no pellet can compete with a quality boiled bait imo.

28 minutes ago, greekskii said:

If you want to get carp to eat pellets then put a sack in a cement mixer, throw in a litre of sunflower oil and a load of garlic powder. This is the commercial way of getting powdered medication eaten and not wasted. (obviously they put the medication in the mixer too). Garlic acts not only as an appetite stimulant but also overpowers the medication taste/smell. 

I just want the old pellets back 😂

53 minutes ago, yonny said:

*If they start eating them regularly.

Bear in mind everyone has access to quality baits now, so you don't want to use something that they'll only eat because it's there. You want them to LOVE what you feed, you want them to be actively searching for it.

Long term no pellet can compete with a quality boiled bait imo.

I agree with you on that, I don't think I could use them solely and out of the packet with total confidence long term, they are more like the chips to my steak 🍟 

But you can add salt and vinegar to make them more tasty, like gok wan says its all about the Condiments 😁😁

30 minutes ago, welder said:

Expensive, Kev?

Ian.

£800 Ian - so yes pretty expensive, very good quality feel to it.  The fabric is also very similar to my Avid MK1 brolley so I knew it was a heavy duty, top quality fabric and that was a big bonus for me.  I wanted the height as much as anything, sick of being stooped over in a low profile shelter, cant do more than 1 night like that any more.

I'd say with a large bed chair it's not that big for a long session, you might want the 2 man standard, but good luck carrying that 🤦‍♂️🤣

Screenshot_20200908-205739_Gallery.jpg

Edited by kevtaylor

Been active in the bait market again this morning

10kg retro baits finest Shropshire gold

2kg of retro baits maple n toffee 

2l of sticky baits liquid liver 

I nearly bought a different bait for a while😬 then I came to my senses luckily and settled on trying some maple n toffee alongside for something a little different 😁

I also couldn't get my usual liquid combo so I am going to see how the sticky works as it's post free and usually available from all good tackle shops meaning it can be bought last minute 

I'm not slowing down am I 😁

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Been active in the bait market again this morning

10kg retro baits finest Shropshire gold

2kg of retro baits maple n toffee 

2l of sticky baits liquid liver 

I nearly bought a different bait for a while😬 then I came to my senses luckily and settled on trying some maple n toffee alongside for something a little different 😁

I also couldn't get my usual liquid combo so I am going to see how the sticky works as it's post free and usually available from all good tackle shops meaning it can be bought last minute 

I'm not slowing down am I 😁

Sticky Manilla all over me... In Wafters, Pop Ups, hard ones, Shelf life, glug, sprays, liquid... 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

You wanna try getting covered in liquid liver, that's a whole different gravy 😁

That and liquid yeast mixed together stinks. 

Not one you want to get sprayed with when putting out particles soaked in it... 

1 minute ago, salokcinnodrog said:

That and liquid yeast mixed together stinks. 

Not one you want to get sprayed with when putting out particles soaked in it... 

I found out the hard way I've kind of accepted it as a necessary evil 😁😈

Have you got any yeast extract recommendations? I was using one but its out of stock, I found it made the liver smell a bit nicer lol 

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I found out the hard way I've kind of accepted it as a necessary evil 😁😈

Have you got any yeast extract recommendations? I was using one but its out of stock, I found it made the liver smell a bit nicer lol 

The one I used to use I can't find anymore😢

6 hours ago, fangus15 said:

Spotted fin booster sprays I'm playing nicely with my pop ups and waffters .dug out some old baits and going to give them a good mix. 

Nash heat shield for my chods. 

Spotted fin have gone into partnership with one of my clubs so members get a little discount on their products 

not quite sure what it is though

Little re-stock of the tackle box... RM-Tec Rock Bottom Semi Stiff Hooklink in brown, Micro ring swivels, hook beads, Muggas in size 6 and 8, kickers.

Possibly after a new rod support system, not normally a fan of pods, that said I do like the one above as I only ever really fish 2 rods. I l prefer a snug goal post sort of system, I am keen on the korda singlez set-up but they seem a pricey(er) option... Any other recommendations? 

1 minute ago, Absolute Bobbins said:

Little re-stock of the tackle box... RM-Tec Rock Bottom Semi Stiff Hooklink in brown, Micro ring swivels, hook beads, Muggas in size 6 and 8, kickers.

Possibly after a new rod support system, not normally a fan of pods, that said I do like the one above as I only ever really fish 2 rods. I l prefer a snug goal post sort of system, I am keen on the korda singlez set-up but they seem a pricey(er) option... Any other recommendations? 

Nash KNX 2 rod pod, can use as goal posts without the support bar to hold it. 

Korda singlez .... NGT do a Singlez set also but only in silver steel. 2 & 3 Rod sets, no more than £40

12 minutes ago, Highy said:

Nash KNX 2 rod pod, can use as goal posts without the support bar to hold it. 

Korda singlez .... NGT do a Singlez set also but only in silver steel. 2 & 3 Rod sets, no more than £40

NGT singles are heavy and cheaply made I didn't like them at all, 

I'm loving my matrix blackout buzz bars and sticks though nice to look at and light they also do goal posts  👍

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

NGT singles are heavy and cheaply made I didn't like them at all, 

I'm loving my matrix blackout buzz bars and sticks though nice to look at and light they also do goal posts  👍

Thought you did, I'm sticking to my 2 now, and the 3rd will be on single sticks (when little en comes)