What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

Posted Images

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

Will match your line 😎

Will you get matching gizmo alarms? 

Like the purple at moment, honest opinion, don't like the gizmos... Stick with the SKS Purple for as long as, then maybe (if needed) Fox Micron MR+. 

The SKX alarms look abit bulky to me also, if the Gizmos come down in price then maybe. 

2 minutes ago, Highy said:

Like the purple at moment, honest opinion, don't like the gizmos... Stick with the SKS Purple for as long as, then maybe (if needed) Fox Micron MR+. 

The SKX alarms look abit bulky to me also, if the Gizmos come down in price then maybe. 

I don't think I would go for the gizmos they look a bit weird, I do like the features though probably a good alarm to use, 

I am on the lookout for some decent bright at night Bobbins though , sick of not being able to see them in the dark from the bivvy, even with isotopes 😭

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I don't think I would go for the gizmos they look a bit weird, I do like the features though probably a good alarm to use, 

I am on the lookout for some decent bright at night Bobbins though , sick of not being able to see them in the dark from the bivvy, even with isotopes 😭

The Fox illuminated, but pricy. 

Just found these?? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203049958097

17 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

20180320_190528.thumb.png.e9ca72cd83b47b7a05d73e38fadafa38.pngScreenshot_20200923_230450.thumb.jpg.9a2f8fd430c197f0174fba16509f4d59.jpgScreenshot_20200923_230436.thumb.jpg.67c17632ea037a105c02c9ce440b0823.jpg

My 1st set alarms n swingers were from TMC, the swingers were very bright, but was a pain, on off on off. 

34 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Probably Come straight out the same sweatshop tbh mate 

These are £8 and sounds n looks like exact same stuff to the Sonik ones, but no seller has the Pink/Purple in stilock... Sticking with the Fox Bobbins though, after some Fox Dinky heads in Purple, but you have to buy the full Bobbin set for them. 

On 26/09/2020 at 20:01, commonly said:

20 leads 3 oz

Double ring swivels 

15lb Hydrotuff

Looking at spomb bucket stands holy carp. £50 for a bit of tubing?? Spoken with a mate, might spray an aluminum hop up, camo color (of course) and have it as a multi purpose table

I think buying one of those spomb bucket stands is a bit like admitting you are gonna dispatch too much bait into your swim, while I know it would be really useful and save me having to create bucket towers and bend at funny angles to reload , it would speed up the process and make me too efficient lol and that would mean an extra few spombs where I had lost count half way through and thought oh just one more for luck 😁🙄

I'm also guilty of this with the Scruffy Bob catapult pouch, throwing stick, and even by hand, 😂

7 hours ago, elmoputney said:

spomb bucket stands is a bit like admitting you are gonna dispatch too much bait into your swim, while I know it would be really useful and save me having to create bucket towers and bend at funny angles to reload , it would speed up the process

I'm thinking more of prebaiting really, 5-8 k every few days leading up to actually fishing. 

Tried the catty, but the blooming guls arrive en mass after just a few. Spomb is the only way to get the bait out far enough I've found. It's a lot of bending over etc. So definitely looking at how to make life easier 😉

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I think buying one of those spomb bucket stands is a bit like admitting you are gonna dispatch too much bait into your swim, while I know it would be really useful and save me having to create bucket towers and bend at funny angles to reload , it would speed up the process and make me too efficient lol and that would mean an extra few spombs where I had lost count half way through and thought oh just one more for luck 😁🙄

I'm also guilty of this with the Scruffy Bob catapult pouch, throwing stick, and even by hand, 😂

I put what I'm going to bait up in a separate bucket, then when that is in, I don't touch the bait bucket. 

Easier when you float the bait bucket out as you go out in chesties... 

I get cooking ingredient buckets from work, so they stack inside each other nicely. 

As for the Spomb bucket stands, thanks but no thanks. I'll place the bait bucket on the ground and rest the rod on my buzzer while I bend to reload. Occasionally I'll find a handy tree stump... 

1 hour ago, commonly said:

I'm thinking more of prebaiting really, 5-8 k every few days leading up to actually fishing. 

Tried the catty, but the blooming guls arrive en mass after just a few. Spomb is the only way to get the bait out far enough I've found. It's a lot of bending over etc. So definitely looking at how to make life easier 😉

1 hour ago, commonly said:

Are you in range for a baiting spoon on a landing net handle? That can be an efficient way to bait up and fairly painless as you can leave the bucket on the floor, but if you have gulls it might not last for long before they are on it but it can be quick, scoop and launch, scoop and launch 😁

7 hours ago, DENNIS said:

You need to think about fishing more rather than wasting all your time and money building unwanted islands

I do like fishing near islands, but my favorite place is next to the bridge. You never know what's going to come out from there👀