Jump to content

What is your newest purchase


Recommended Posts

Just now, elmoputney said:

You are sticky mad 👍

Everyone I seem to talk to that uses it, does seem to have real Confidence in it though 

Deffo, I've got some Boilies soaking in the Liquid and Stik Mix, spraying the Pop Ups n Wafters every other day, few small pva bags made up ready. 

Going small Baits now, 10/12 mm

Probably be about 10th 11th October next out? 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

listen up lads and i will impart the secret!! tuck the rods under your arm and just walk in like nothing is different, as you walk by the shoe stand just casually look down and say out loud,, NEW SHOE

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

Posted Images

Nice, of all the major bait brands Sticky is one I like. I use their krill hook baits, got a pot of manila pop ups as well and a bag of the Krill active in the freezer and a tub of 12m krill bottom barrels and the krill spray. was meant to be out this week but my calliper started sticking again got my mate to wind it back again but the rubbers were shot, stuck again the next day so had to bite the bullet and get it done at a drive in brake and tyre place, not cheap but i did get my deposit back on the parts, well they are sending it.  the price of callipers is mental and it's one of those parts i don't like to get from the scrappy or fit myself. 

I will be out soon though might get a bit more sticky bait stuff to complement the Cov Gold bolies  as they are a very high quality krill bait. they just don't do much in the way of bait condiments as i call them lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Nice, of all the major bait brands Sticky is one I like. I use their krill hook baits, got a pot of manila pop ups as well and a bag of the Krill active in the freezer and a tub of 12m krill bottom barrels and the krill spray. was meant to be out this week but my calliper started sticking again got my mate to wind it back again but the rubbers were shot, stuck again the next day so had to bite the bullet and get it done at a drive in brake and tyre place, not cheap but i did get my deposit back on the parts, well they are sending it.  the price of callipers is mental and it's one of those parts i don't like to get from the scrappy or fit myself. 

I will be out soon though might get a bit more sticky bait stuff to complement the Cov Gold bolies  as they are a very high quality krill bait. they just don't do much in the way of bait condiments as i call them lol. 

Sorry, but Krill Active, 6yrs to make a Boilie wrapped in paste. 

We have probably all done that before this was started, Nash also with the Citruz. 

I do exactly same now, Manilla Boilies Glugged, Stik Mix on top, then gradually repeat if needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Highy said:

Sorry, but Krill Active, 6yrs to make a Boilie wrapped in paste. 

We have probably all done that before this was started, Nash also with the Citruz. 

I do exactly same now, Manilla Boilies Glugged, Stik Mix on top, then gradually repeat if needed. 

Thought i'd give them whirl you will be pleased to know they have a manila active in the pipeline.  i can't get a paste in my usual bait they only do freezer bolies and a few hook baits, a bag of the active will go alongside them nicely. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Thought i'd give them whirl you will be pleased to know they have a manila active in the pipeline.  i can't get a paste in my usual bait they only do freezer bolies and a few hook baits, a bag of the active will go alongside them nicely. 

True about givi g a whirl, I did the same with Mainline Link... Absolute Garbage not 1 fish on it. 

Manilla Active you say 🤔🤔.... but again, would that be the same principal, paste around a Boilie? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Highy said:

True about givi g a whirl, I did the same with Mainline Link... Absolute Garbage not 1 fish on it. 

Manilla Active you say 🤔🤔.... but again, would that be the same principal, paste around a Boilie? 

Same as the Krill active i think. there is a difference in these and stickies regular baits, these break down a lot quicker due to it being a very soft bait inside an outer coating.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Same as the Krill active i think. there is a difference in these and stickies regular baits, these break down a lot quicker due to it being a very soft bait inside an outer coating.  

Aaaah, I'm happy with the Traditional Manilla at moment, catching fish, and a PB on it, so think I'll stay 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2020 at 11:50, Highy said:

Sonik Vader X 2 Rod Pod 

Sonik-Vader-X-Pod-2-Rod.jpg.5999919393f0fdfbeb8bea12dcce0a21.jpg

Well Guys.... I think I've been well and truly had off with this Purchase. 

Was listed as Sonik Vader 2 Rod Pod... £30 free postage... Beltin. 

Mate at work owed me £40, so I said order this and we call it straight. 

Sent him the link, told the seller a mate was buying it, Brilliant, all gone through, got sent a screenshot of payment through PayPal, BUT noticed it said Friends & Family, (1st alarm bell).

Then seller contacted me saying going post office to post, thought great. Hour or so later seller messaged asking for extra £10 to cover shipping, Is there any chance you can send another £10 for postage mate, I've come to the post office and postage is £15 I thought it's only be £5 but it isn't ?  

Reply... So will be £40, not being rude pal but for extra £9 (£49) I can get brand new with 12month warranty, if you think its unfair transfer the £30 back if you want pal? 

So he paid, I'm still waiting now, messaged aski g for a tracking number/reference, didn't get 1 he says... Im pestering everyday, he said yeatrday, I'll go post office today mate and chase it up... No reply. 

Think my Money and Pod are well up the river sailing away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Highy said:

5900-banner.thumb.jpg.f89dc4f29a3652f918afff172ab72585.jpg

What do people think of the Cygnet 2 Rod Buzz Bars, the Minimal Range. 

Do like the Swan necks style. 

BUT, mainly a pod man.... Just the fact I've been had off with the Sonik Pod, and sold my KNX pod to put to it... 

Never used bankstick set ups before. 

If I wanted a 2 Rod ret up I would look at the cygnets tbh or matrix blackout, slightly more expensive but they are rock solid tbh had no issues with mine really love em, just get a matrix piledriver or bankstick auger of some kind that will eat into most ground, I know cygnet do those also for each bankstick type 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

If I wanted a 2 Rod ret up I would look at the cygnets tbh or matrix blackout, slightly more expensive but they are rock solid tbh had no issues with mine really love em, just get a matrix piledriver or bankstick auger of some kind that will eat into most ground, I know cygnet do those also for each bankstick type 

It's looking like cygnet so far, but I've just found Gardner Nano Bars, not keen on olive green but they do look sturdy 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Highy said:

5900-banner.thumb.jpg.f89dc4f29a3652f918afff172ab72585.jpg

What do people think of the Cygnet 2 Rod Buzz Bars, the Minimal Range. 

Do like the Swan necks style. 

BUT, mainly a pod man.... Just the fact I've been had off with the Sonik Pod, and sold my KNX pod to put to it... 

Never used bankstick set ups before. 

I use them on my 2 rod set up.can’t complain for the money,they do what they need to do 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/10/2020 at 10:17, Highy said:

Well Guys.... I think I've been well and truly had off with this Purchase. 

Was listed as Sonik Vader 2 Rod Pod... £30 free postage... Beltin. 

Mate at work owed me £40, so I said order this and we call it straight. 

Sent him the link, told the seller a mate was buying it, Brilliant, all gone through, got sent a screenshot of payment through PayPal, BUT noticed it said Friends & Family, (1st alarm bell).

Then seller contacted me saying going post office to post, thought great. Hour or so later seller messaged asking for extra £10 to cover shipping, Is there any chance you can send another £10 for postage mate, I've come to the post office and postage is £15 I thought it's only be £5 but it isn't ?  

Reply... So will be £40, not being rude pal but for extra £9 (£49) I can get brand new with 12month warranty, if you think its unfair transfer the £30 back if you want pal? 

So he paid, I'm still waiting now, messaged aski g for a tracking number/reference, didn't get 1 he says... Im pestering everyday, he said yeatrday, I'll go post office today mate and chase it up... No reply. 

Think my Money and Pod are well up the river sailing away. 

Not an eBay purchase then , Highy ? .

😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/10/2020 at 10:17, Highy said:

Well Guys.... I think I've been well and truly had off with this Purchase. 

Was listed as Sonik Vader 2 Rod Pod... £30 free postage... Beltin. 

Mate at work owed me £40, so I said order this and we call it straight. 

Sent him the link, told the seller a mate was buying it, Brilliant, all gone through, got sent a screenshot of payment through PayPal, BUT noticed it said Friends & Family, (1st alarm bell).

Then seller contacted me saying going post office to post, thought great. Hour or so later seller messaged asking for extra £10 to cover shipping, Is there any chance you can send another £10 for postage mate, I've come to the post office and postage is £15 I thought it's only be £5 but it isn't ?  

Reply... So will be £40, not being rude pal but for extra £9 (£49) I can get brand new with 12month warranty, if you think its unfair transfer the £30 back if you want pal? 

So he paid, I'm still waiting now, messaged aski g for a tracking number/reference, didn't get 1 he says... Im pestering everyday, he said yeatrday, I'll go post office today mate and chase it up... No reply. 

Think my Money and Pod are well up the river sailing away. 

Left in the hands of PayPal now... 

 

On 03/10/2020 at 13:06, Highy said:

5900-banner.thumb.jpg.f89dc4f29a3652f918afff172ab72585.jpg

What do people think of the Cygnet 2 Rod Buzz Bars, the Minimal Range. 

Do like the Swan necks style. 

BUT, mainly a pod man.... Just the fact I've been had off with the Sonik Pod, and sold my KNX pod to put to it... 

Never used bankstick set ups before. 

Wife said she ordered me what I sent her the other day... 

Also a mate has GIVEN me the base to a Nash 2 rod knx pod, so will probably buy 4 banksticks and use it as that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Newest purchase? Mines a new pack of 2/3oz leads and 2 new 10g inline methods. Was going to be Mainline Cell 10mm Boillies, Mainline Orange 8mm Wafters, Korda Goo Almond Smoke and Pineapple Supreme and some Mainline Margin Mix ready for a session this weekend but my mates car has broken down so haven't purchased them as it looks like we can't go 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SammyT said:

Newest purchase? Mines a new pack of 2/3oz leads and 2 new 10g inline methods. Was going to be Mainline Cell 10mm Boillies, Mainline Orange 8mm Wafters, Korda Goo Almond Smoke and Pineapple Supreme and some Mainline Margin Mix ready for a session this weekend but my mates car has broken down so haven't purchased them as it looks like we can't go 😞

Unlucky mate , fingers crossed its an easy fix.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 rod Buzz Bars set up has come, abit on the small side me thinks, no pics as at work now, set them all up with alarms n butt grips, tarted them Up with some purple O rings too. 

Found this online, Exact ones, not the Cygnet that I asked wife for, just plain standard... 12mm diameter thick bankstick n Buzz bars. 

59717057__57.thumb.jpeg.325eb77283941861d0e0fc1f33837fcc.jpeg

Need to find 4 black banksticks with he diameter of 17mm to fit I to the Nash KNX 2 Rod Pod. 

Edited by Highy
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Highy said:

My 2 rod Buzz Bars set up has come, abit on the small side me thinks, no pics as at work now, set them all up with alarms n butt grips, tarted them Up with some purple O rings too. 

Found this online, Exact ones, not the Cygnet that I asked wife for, just plain standard... 12mm diameter thick bankstick n Buzz bars. 

59717057__57.thumb.jpeg.325eb77283941861d0e0fc1f33837fcc.jpeg

Need to find 4 black banksticks with he diameter of 17mm to fit I to the Nash KNX 2 Rod Pod. 

Cygnet chunky are 16mm I think that would do 😳

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Cygnet chunky are 16mm I think that would do 😳

I've just Found 16mm Banksticks, 4 for £22 or 6 for £26...be using the knx pod but with no goal/buzz bars, just an alarm on 2 stick, then butt grips on 2 sticks, and have the base as stability (if needed). 

Screenshot_20201009_172222.thumb.jpg.a00683b8bdb05f124c7cad49db1f7c85.jpg

Edited by Highy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...