What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

not fishing related but the mans den is coming together ..noticed a pool table on eBay that was listed not to far away so had a cheeky bid on it .  

Posted Images

I may have just slightly gone to the darkside and bought a deeper pro plus, 

I've accepted it may be seen as cheating, I've become comfortable with that, I put a lot of effort into my fishing I don't think that will change, I don't see it as a shortcut to catching fish just a shortcut to finding features of interest if it works as I hope it does, I've been spending a long time leading about lately and I'm still going to have to as I don't think the deeper has all the answers, I won't be using it to find fish, but it's a tool, I want to try one and see for myself whether it will help 

I really feel I had to justify this purchase 😁

37 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Treated myself to a new stove 'just because' Bulin T4 gas stove. Just had its first Bialetti use, and I'm impressed 

IMG_20201122_142430.jpg

I couldn't find one of those when I looked I ended up getting a Coleman fyre or something similar for 25 quid off mountain warehouse, quite like it though, and the piezzo ignition still works after 3 trips so it's already better than the last one I had 😁

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I couldn't find one of those when I looked I ended up getting a Coleman fyre or something similar for 25 quid off mountain warehouse, quite like it though, and the piezzo ignition still works after 3 trips so it's already better than the last one I had 😁

I did go through ebay, most suppliers were out of stock or selling at silly prices, but I was lucky to find one free delivery and at £25 I couldn't really say no. 

Even with the piezo on my TFG I still normally used a lighter. 

This Bulin has a fold down piezo, which fired it straight up. 

One recommendation though, don't use it to light a ciggie... 😉🕯️

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Treated myself to a new stove 'just because' Bulin T4 gas stove. Just had its first Bialetti use, and I'm impressed 

IMG_20201122_142430.jpg

I've had one of these bulin t4 for around two years now excellent little stove I would highly recommend them. £25 is a good price mate I think I paid around £23 two years ago for mine. 😁👍

1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I did go through ebay, most suppliers were out of stock or selling at silly prices, but I was lucky to find one free delivery and at £25 I couldn't really say no. 

Even with the piezo on my TFG I still normally used a lighter. 

This Bulin has a fold down piezo, which fired it straight up. 

One recommendation though, don't use it to light a ciggie... 😉🕯️

A good find then 👍

Hopefully I will be able to find one next time 😁

Luckily I've given up smoking now, just addicted to custard vaping these days  👍

Quick question does anyone use a gas can jacket? Just wonder if they actually make a difference, I haven't had any issues with he Coleman gas or ngt gas freezing but just wondered if they make a difference in cold weather 

30 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

A good find then 👍

Hopefully I will be able to find one next time 😁

Luckily I've given up smoking now, just addicted to custard vaping these days  👍

Quick question does anyone use a gas can jacket? Just wonder if they actually make a difference, I haven't had any issues with he Coleman gas or ngt gas freezing but just wondered if they make a difference in cold weather 

No never used a jacket on my gas and I don't have any problems in winter but what I do in the colder months is turn the canister onto the top end, upside down if you get what I mean it does burn a lot better that way.

I also don't buy the more expensive canister's I get the cheaper long slimmer cans for camping from aldi and b+m and sometimes of the bay with no problems. 

Hope this helps Elmo.😁👍

17 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Bulin T4

You wont regret it mate, excellent little stove. Clean and easy.

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Quick question does anyone use a gas can jacket? Just wonder if they actually make a difference

They don't make any difference buddy, you need a source of heat to warm the can. Such as:

13 hours ago, framey said:

put the gas canister in my sleeping bag overnight

This👆

1 hour ago, yonny said:

You wont regret it mate, excellent little stove. Clean and easy.

They don't make any difference buddy, you need a source of heat to warm the can. Such as:

This👆

I did think they may be emporors new clothes a bit, I wasn't going to get one, Jim Shelley has an idea where he just puts his gas can in warm water that should work 👍

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I did think they may be emporors new clothes a bit, I wasn't going to get one, Jim Shelley has an idea where he just puts his gas can in warm water that should work 👍

It does

and if you follow the canister in the sleeping bag you can make the gas warm enough to get some heat for the hot water lol

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I often just heat up a small amount of water in a saucepan for a minute or so. It doesn't need to be boiling, just warm, then put the gas canister in the water. 

I really don't see the point of the canister jacket. It only works after the canister is warmed up first to my mind

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I normally just wake and shake seems to have worked so far, but I will consider it, I did forget my hot water bottle Friday, 

Can recommend a horlicks though 

I turn it over onto its top and it becomes a flame thrower with a couple of shakes lol.

do you reckon gas bottles have a useful life.

I bought a multi box as I’m sure mine seem to have less pressure in them at least it seems to be

1 hour ago, framey said:

I turn it over onto its top and it becomes a flame thrower with a couple of shakes lol.

I bought a multi box as I’m sure mine seem to have less pressure in them at least it seems to be

I'm sure they are sealed, but some brands are better than others. 

The standard Coleman canisters seem to have less 'pressure' than CADAC and GoSystem canisters. 

I find Coleman are OK in summer, but in winter do need the warm water treatment. 

The other thing is the mix of gases, Coleman standards are butane propane mix, I think GoSystem are iso-butane, butane and propane. 

I bought 6 GoSystem canisters last week for £30, a bit more than Coleman multipacks. 

I must admit, I have been thinking about replacing my trusty petrol cooker with a gas cooker.  Are any of these gas cookers better than others, say Primus or trakker I know they are more money but are they any better...

on the other hand my petrol cooker has never given me any problems .. it lights in every weather and boils and cooks quick, I have been using it for the last twenty plus years for both fishing and motorcycle rallies..  but I am now thinking I should move with the times and go gas.. 

still enjoyed tea from the old Coleman this morning.

4799223B-E540-4CA0-BE0D-33F44AA28CB4.jpeg

5 hours ago, framey said:

I’ve found I had cans left over from a France trip the cheap ones that fit the cooker that comes with a case, over 3 years old and they were fine.  👍