What is your newest purchase

14 hours ago, Choprider said:

Are any of these gas cookers better than others, say Primus or trakker I know they are more money but are they any better...

I can only echo @yonny 's words, Bulin T4. Have a good shop around they can be hard to get hold of at a good price. 

I would suggest staying clear of Trakker stoves, the same stove can often be purchased 50% cheaper from non tackle brands. 

The exception to tackle brands is the TFG Lite stove, but at £25 is still probably a bit pricey for what it is, although I do own one and have used it for years. 

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

listen up lads and i will impart the secret!! tuck the rods under your arm and just walk in like nothing is different, as you walk by the shoe stand just casually look down and say out loud,, NEW SHOE

Posted Images

3 Korda zig floats....I think my winter fishing is all going to be based around zigs. going to be really active, 3 spots, working the depths every 20 minutes (adding or taking a foot or 2)...if i get to the top or bottom, then i cast further and go again...if they are in front of me i will find them!...until i go to sleep!

22 hours ago, Choprider said:

Thanks for the info Guys, today I had my Bulin T4 stove turn up today and what can i say ... very pleased, I didn't think anything could better my old petrol cooker but this is way better.

Glad you like it. I'm converted myself, a very impressive stove

21 hours ago, Choprider said:

Used the recommended bulin  T4 today in anger, my god it’s a good stove on my 4th cuppa now.

EADB08AC-6535-433F-A475-6B11CD559F27.jpeg

That looks like the cold weather Coleman gas. A lot better than the standard. 

I would say though if you can get hold of it try GoSystem gas

My 3rd Sharpe's 9'6" carp rod turned up on weds and today 3 repaired sections of rods and my Match Aerial turned up... now have a set of 3 Sharpes carp rods with 3 Mordex Merlin Pins or 3 Mitchell 400's... a real old School outfit.... just need 3 ford anglia hubcaps to catch the pennies balanced on the 400's rotors as bite alarms now...🤣🤣... or I could use the old optonics

44 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

My 3rd Sharpe's 9'6" carp rod turned up on weds and today 3 repaired sections of rods and my Match Aerial turned up... now have a set of 3 Sharpes carp rods with 3 Mordex Merlin Pins or 3 Mitchell 400's... a real old School outfit.... just need 3 ford anglia hubcaps to catch the pennies balanced on the 400's rotors as bite alarms now...🤣🤣... or I could use the old optonics

Do you use vintage line, hooks and tackle with that set up? 

No.... simple answer... I sometimes even use.... (pauses for breath, & looks about furtively) hair rigs....😛 mainly because the aim of fishing is to catch fish😎

That said... I more often fish with baited hooks, rather than hairs, I just think that sometimes they've seen it all and trip up on summat out of left field... Prawns are a killer bait on carp waters, Cockles, Mussels, Pastes Beans etc...  

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

No.... simple answer... I sometimes even use.... (pauses for breath, & looks about furtively) hair rigs....😛 mainly because the aim of fishing is to catch fish😎

That said... I more often fish with baited hooks, rather than hairs, I just think that sometimes they've seen it all and trip up on summat out of left field... Prawns are a killer bait on carp waters, Cockles, Mussels, Pastes Beans etc...  

I don't think I'll ever understand using tackle that's older than myself, each to there own, don't get me wrong I appreciate it looks nice and a throwback to the good old days, I remember being jealous cos a mate had a Mitchell 300, but surely it just makes it harder, when I can do that all my myself with modern gear  😂

For me its just something different from the norm...  Its not much different from my carbon stuff if I'm honest... I fish small intimate waters so a big chucks not needed and if I need to, 60 yards is quite do-able with those rods and reels... so I'm happy... I catch as much or even on the odd occasion more than others and they look great rather than 3 black sticks on a pod... just my way or catching carp🤷‍♂️