What is your newest purchase

adders60

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Pro logic lite Pro bib and brace found a deal on eBay for under 40 quid 

Quick question when you guys wear salopettes do you wear base layer, trousers salopettes or just baselayer and salopettes? 

Iv got the Sundridge Igloo salopettes and wear a pair of Craghopprrs winter lined trousers underneath or a pair of lined jogging bottoms been find. 👍

On 04/12/2020 at 11:21, bluelabel said:

My 3rd Sharpe's 9'6" carp rod turned up on weds and today 3 repaired sections of rods and my Match Aerial turned up... now have a set of 3 Sharpes carp rods with 3 Mordex Merlin Pins or 3 Mitchell 400's... a real old School outfit.... just need 3 ford anglia hubcaps to catch the pennies balanced on the 400's rotors as bite alarms now...🤣🤣... or I could use the old optonics

Hello Blue

So are all 3 Sharpes perfectly matched , i.e. all the same reel fittings ? .

😃

14 hours ago, Big Bass said:

Iv got the Sundridge Igloo salopettes and wear a pair of Craghopprrs winter lined trousers underneath or a pair of lined jogging bottoms been find. 👍

I find Craghoppers winter lined trousers warm enough on their own ; so do you walk to your swim with your salopettes on your barrow , then put them on having cooled down a bit , BB ? .

😃

19 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Quick question when you guys wear salopettes do you wear base layer, trousers salopettes or just baselayer and salopettes? 

I may travel in my car on the way to the lake wearing my salopettes over my normal kiwi craghopper trousers , but travelling home the wet / muddy salopettes are taken off .

I find , pants , normal trousers , then salopettes work just fine for me , but this is for day fishing .

😃

It was nice and warm out yesterday morning/afternoon, was out barrowing stone chips around the lakes, the afternoon looked just right for a feed up, yet today is just cold and wet, short little windows. 

I got a snugpac style knock off from Whitby a few years back, super comfy and very warm, it is what the Chinese military use, very tough made from a good grade of rip stop outer with a very thin thermal layer, think it cost around the 70 mark for jacket and bottoms.  

5 hours ago, crusian said:

I find Craghoppers winter lined trousers warm enough on their own ; so do you walk to your swim with your salopettes on your barrow , then put them on having cooled down a bit , BB ? .

😃

Now imagine if you can when paratroopers are doing a jump the door slides open and someone is shouting go go go go !!... that’s similar to me and my mate turning into the car park at linear the car is sill moving I got 2 buckets on my lap I open the door do a paratroopers roll landing on my feet running hopefully to find 2 swims close together, with my mate shouting at the top of his lungs Go go go gooooo ! If where lucky and find the swims I then barrow 2 lots of gear for a 48 hr trip... I can’t be having salopettes on .... should be wearing a vest shorts and running spikes.   🤔   When all is set up I put them on. 

5 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

It was nice and warm out yesterday morning/afternoon, was out barrowing stone chips around the lakes, the afternoon looked just right for a feed up, yet today is just cold and wet, short little windows. 

I got a snugpac style knock off from Whitby a few years back, super comfy and very warm, it is what the Chinese military use, very tough made from a good grade of rip stop outer with a very thin thermal layer, think it cost around the 70 mark for jacket and bottoms.  

Are they waterproof pls.  , Carpbell  ? .

On 04/12/2020 at 12:55, bluelabel said:

No.... simple answer... I sometimes even use.... (pauses for breath, & looks about furtively) hair rigs....😛 mainly because the aim of fishing is to catch fish😎

That said... I more often fish with baited hooks, rather than hairs, I just think that sometimes they've seen it all and trip up on summat out of left field... Prawns are a killer bait on carp waters, Cockles, Mussels, Pastes Beans etc...  

Funny you should mention Hair Rigs , Blue , as I've just read in " The Lost Diary " by Chris Yates , of his his talk with Rod Hutchinson in the 80s ; in this talk C.Y. thought hair rigs would have the potential to cause foul hooking , and make angling too easy ! .

🤔 

On 05/12/2020 at 13:44, elmoputney said:

These arrived today, have to say I quite like them so far, I think baselayer will be all i need underneath tbh, seem pretty warm I did go outside for a bit stayed nice n toasty, will give em a good test tomorrow can't wait, 

Also bought 4pts of maggots and some go gas 😂

1 hour ago, MaxiMax said:

I've recently bought an Eskimo Mako 43CC auger by link. It is supposed to be fast and high-performance. I'm going to check it out soon. By the way, what type of augers do you use? I used to have a hand one, so Eskimo Mako is my first gas auger.

Not something we use over here fellah.... well I don't anyway...👍

3 hours ago, MaxiMax said:

I've recently bought an Eskimo Mako 43CC auger by link. It is supposed to be fast and high-performance. I'm going to check it out soon. By the way, what type of augers do you use? I used to have a hand one, so Eskimo Mako is my first gas auger.

Think buzz bomb uses one? the ice rarely gets thick enough to walk on over here guys used to use a pick axe head tied to rope on the canals a lot of lake owners will get the boat out and do a bit of ice breaking.  but most anglers tend to stay home when the ice is set for a few days. 

On 21/04/2014 at 22:44, ouchthathurt said:

I like it! I got smashed up in afghanistan in 2012, only had a week left on tour and got into a massive dust up with the taliban, my mate lost 3 limbs and i permanently mangled my shoulder whilst treating him. (i'm a military medic) to be honest, im still not right, physically (to be expected - but all my limbs are still attached!!) or mentally either. Due to leave the army after 11yrs service in december bacause of injuries sustained. I have been priveledged to have served in many different regiments. Although i have never called upon the services of military charities (i dont consider myself injured enough) i 100% back their work and wish the charities shouldnt have to supply these services. 7arytu8y.jpg this was taken a few days before i was wounded, i had gone through 7 months of fighting, been shot at, blown up, shot back, hit a few, treated 33 massively injured allies, (plus countless others of afghan men, women and children caught up in the taliban's cowardly tactics) thought i was home and dry. Then a routine patrol went sour and it happened. Anything that helps lads that were hurt far worse than i was, deserve all the help they get. More lads leave afghan/iraq wounded than anyone woukd ever know, but we did our job, and combat missions have ended.

Thankyou to all who do their bit for military charities. :lol:

:rolleyes:

And thank you for your service ouchthathurt I can fully understand about where your coming from about the head not being quiet right after war hope everything works itself out for you the tranquility of fishing should be a great help 

Thank you once again for your service