What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

What a load of twaddle! I bought a cheap light aluminium £50 pod years ago, that only got uprated within the last two years, but because I could. A goalpost pod I could fish as pod or banksticks,

not fishing related but the mans den is coming together ..noticed a pool table on eBay that was listed not to far away so had a cheeky bid on it .  

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

Elmo I’m a danger to myself and every living thing witha fly rod I’ve done these for zigs but thank you for the info elmo

I've only tried flycasting once when I was a kid at the East of England show, I was winning the competition at the end of the first day, never got a prize though some someone must have beat me the next day 😭 

I wouldn't mind having a go at fly fishing though one day, 

weights for example a fly rod rated as an 8 will cast a 8 weighted fly line some rods are rated 6/8 so they will cast 6/8 weighted lines 

but then you have a weight forward line (weight at the front ) 

then a double taper line weight both ends so after using front can turn line around on reel and use other end (no recommende)

then theres a running line lol confused you will be 

13 minutes ago, yonny said:

My Dad took me there when I was a nipper. He bought me a crossbow. When we got home my mum made him turn round and drive all the way back to take it back 🤣

Ha ha there was always loads of fun stuff, l didn't mean the East of England show though I meant the fenland game fair 🙄

Bit I do have a really funny story about the east of England show, we went on a school trip when we were about 14 or so, somehow this cider stall let me buy cider, a group of us consumed quite a lot of it and some sheep dip whisky samples, ended up very drunk, singing rude songs at the edd the duck, and also chatting to Patrick from Patrick's pantry while he did a live demo, then on the way home yours truly got caught mooning at a lorry driver and sent to sit next to the teacher 😂

Fun times 😂

Big thumbs up for Poingdestres Angling ordered a XL PVA pouch and large rig safe yesterday and both arrived today free delivery, and the go together just nice plus you can get a lot of gear in the Trakker pouch.

First time I've ordered from poing angling always put off by the weird name and cheap looking web page, but they were the only ones that had the stock  nice and helpful on the phone as it was the last of their stock too thought it might be order now and they send later when back in stock. 

I used to use poingdrestres angling a lot when down that way, when based in Wiltshire then when my fiancée lived in Southampton. I can’t fault them to be honest. Used to get ragworm there when beach fishing and it was always good quality. Spent a small fortune on carp rig bits on a weekly basis! I got a set of 3 fox torque rods from them at a decent price as they were last 3 in stock. Good bunch of guys in pongos 

On 12/01/2021 at 12:31, yonny said:

My Dad took me there when I was a nipper. He bought me a crossbow. When we got home my mum made him turn round and drive all the way back to take it back 🤣

Yonny , your Dad should have cut a deal with your Mum - " if the lad can hit an apple balanced on your head he can keep the crossbow " .

😁

Couldn't resist and thought new year new pop ups 😳 

Proper jobs all in 13mm for consistency 😲

Washed out pink BP plus (got the brown already they seem to work nicely ) 

White spice blend, these sound interesting with cinnamon and clove worth a try anyway I think 

Both will compliment the collection anyway 😊

12 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

White spice blend, these sound interesting with cinnamon and clove worth a try anyway I think 

I like there nutty maple cream, had some proper jobs when started off, did t know they where the best in buoyancy... Just seen carp Chris on YouTube... 

28 minutes ago, Highy said:

I like there nutty maple cream, had some proper jobs when started off, did t know they where the best in buoyancy... Just seen carp Chris on YouTube... 

I tend to reach for the proper jobs first nowadays out of all of them I own , they just seem to work well 

I just had a look at the carp Chris vid he uses the Julian Cundiff version of the multi rig as well, I always use a AAA shot, anything else just doesn't hold them down, good rig though well worth a look 👍

Edited by elmoputney
1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

My go to PJPU for years (before I started using UB Corkballs) was Cream Special in pink👌