What is your newest purchase

adders60

25 minutes ago, emmcee said:

How far away do you live from your venue? 

I fortunately drive past mine on my way home from work so will pop in a few times a week from now on. 

Not too far about 7or 8 ish miles I reckon, I could easily go there and probably will at some point, but without some consistency i may as well hold fire and wait for a bit, I'm sure I will get a good crack at it at some point 👍

I would like to get back into sea fishing again, I used to do a lot of beach casting but after coming back from afghan with a screwed up shoulder, I could no longer cast without popping the shoulder out. It couldn’t take a 13ft beachcaster with 6oz of lead attached. When with the usual issues of trying to rebuild a new life post army, finding jobs, undergoing treatment for injuries etc I had to sell all my sea gear to make ends meet. When I win the lottery I’ll replace it all! 

as for decorating, I have stripped the wallpaper in the lounge, kitchen, hall. Repainted the bathroom, demolished an old fireplace, turned the garden into a fair representation of the Somme, sanded a few doors down, patched some cracks in the render, now need to learn how to skim walls and hang wallpaper... 

I did an order with Rod Hutchinson last night, some more KMG boilies in 15 and 20mm, an overwrap for the Cabrio Hybrid brolly, (in the hope we get night fishing again soon). 

Also ordered a new pike rod blank to build myself, and a Captains chair from Eurohike. 

I think I've mentioned I struggle in fishing chairs, they are too low for me to get in and out of comfortably. The Captains chair is also quicker to put up, grab and open, and put down. It is easy enough to fit on the barrow. 

New PE braid for pike fishing and my marker rod after the Whiplash frayed and a couple of butt rests for my pike rods. 

I still use my army sleeping bag! With a tracker thermal bed chair cover and a hot water bottle if needed and I’m warm as toast! 

mind you, a bed chair and 60” oval brolly is like the Hilton compared to half a roll mat, gortex bivvy bag and poncho in a ditch, on exercise in sennybridge in the winter! 

now a twin skin pram hood bivvy?? That’s just decadent luxury!! Lol! 

5 minutes ago, Highy said:

IMG_20200601_105341.thumb.jpg.787f115bae3fc5f53103dd307d01e18a.jpg

Is it the compact pod? Used to have 1 of those, all fitted nicely in my Buzz Bar Bag. 

How are they in a really bad wind are they stable ??  I’m still using my stainless and it’s heavy but I’ve faith in it don’t move even in a gale force wind 

3 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

How are they in a really bad wind are they stable ??  I’m still using my stainless and it’s heavy but I’ve faith in it don’t move even in a gale force wind 

It's 1 of the better pods I've had, was pretty stable for a compact pod, pushe both side of the goal post in then the base made it rock solid.