What is your newest purchase

adders60

1 minute ago, carp_anon said:

Do you know where I could find a 2 rod set of these? 

Also I've been looking at Nash Sirens (thanks to Carpmaster) and do you know if there is a receiver anywhere for it? 

The Sonik alarms, all come in a set of 3 with reciver and bivvy light, except orange sold seperatly... 

The Nash will be the S5r version, maybe sold seperatly 

Couldn't comment as all my gear is Sonik... I only use 2 alarms also, 3rd is a back up or if my son comes. 

13 minutes ago, carp_anon said:

I have been looking at amazons set of "Hrisi tackle" bite alarms, reviews seem decent and the price is excellent for two alarms and receiver, but would like to see if anyone here has used them? 

Nd tackle S9 get a lot of good reviews and are fairly cheap 

20 minutes ago, carp_anon said:

I have been looking at amazons set of "Hrisi tackle" bite alarms, reviews seem decent and the price is excellent for two alarms and receiver, but would like to see if anyone here has used them? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-DYNAMIC-WIRELESS-NGT-BITE-ALARM-SET-3-ALARMS-AND-RECEIVER-CARP-FISHING-SET-/401592399746?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Could be a good starter?? 

13 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

The Nash siren s5 are around £20 but as far as I’m aware, if you want a receiver then you need the Nash siren s5r which is about £50 a head. I could be wrong, I just had a quick spin on google! 

There are probably cheaper makes out there but I’ve not had a day’s problem with my sirens 

19 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Monza fuel cap for my Thunderbird Sport, it won't land me any more fish but it saves a lot of faffing about with a key when filling up😛🤪😎

IMG-20210204-WA0007.jpeg

Yep I can sympathise with that, never seen the sense of locking caps on bikes ( sadly still have locking on one of my bikes )

It did the job though mate didn’t it? My first set up were a pair of glass fibre 10ft carp rods of unknown make, two old intrepid reels, the infamous Argos alarms, a couple of old bent wire rod rests and bobbins made of painted corks with hair grips pushed into them as line clips, tied to two old battered screw in bank sticks that held the alarms with old cord. I then upgraded to cardinal 55s, (new models) Abu Garcia delta carp rods, 11ft 2lb t/c. Two gardiner margin master bobbins and two optonics. All balanced on an old rod pod of unknown make. Total cost for set up? About £200! My landing net was one that an rspca bloke gave me, it was 42” and had a catch that collapsed the arms when you activated it. He told me it was to catch dogs in! Lol! 

3 hours ago, carp_anon said:

Carpology 6 month subscription, came with a book, richworth tutti boilies pop ups and dip, same with rosehip isotonic boilie

I remember those days lol I had a mitchel close face reel on a Shakespeare river rod of unknown tc with fairy bottle caps as hangers on two sticks as rod rests lol 

36 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

My first were pennies on the spool with a car hubcap underneath... then it was bells on clothespegs on the banksticks with the line tucked in the spring, then horror of horrors.... a pair of Bitech Vipers... they got sold on pronto and now its my Optonics and ATTS's

I was never into nicking hubcaps, mine were 2pence pieces falling into a baccy tin. 

I did get a mercury switch drop off indicator for pike fishing and some antenna alarm, can't remember it's name, but it was the size of half a brick. Optonics followed, and I made my own sounder box. They lasted a few years until I got Delkim ST's. 

Rods I went through a few. Shakespeare ledger rod for tench and carp, used with the stiff tip which had a screw in ring. Daiwa Specimen rod, then North Westerns followed by Armalites. 

Reels, Mitchell's, Daiwa AG1350, Abu Cardinals, then Ultracast Cardinals, Shimano 3500 Sea Spin's then Aero4000Gte Bait runner's. 

When I was doing my City and Guilds in Engineering I made my own stainless buzz bars, with a screw in plug so that I could fill in the centre of rear 3 rod bar and convert it to front 2 rod, I made my stainless monkey climber needles with a screw thread at the base and a satellite bar for them to go in on my Gardner Rod pod as well. 

Oh yes, another identical blank to the one I purchased last week for pike fishing. The reel seats and rings turned up today with the back ordered blank, and some 3mm foam to tidy up my Solar stainless back rests. 

Think I might be busy now. 

This weekend is sorted, watching 6 nations, Superbowl and rod building. Reckon they might be finished Monday... 

6 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I was never into nicking hubcaps, mine were 2pence pieces falling into a baccy tin. 

I did get a mercury switch drop off indicator for pike fishing and some antenna alarm, can't remember it's name, but it was the size of half a brick. Optonics followed, and I made my own sounder box. They lasted a few years until I got Delkim ST's. 

Rods I went through a few. Shakespeare ledger rod for tench and carp, used with the stiff tip which had a screw in ring. Daiwa Specimen rod, then North Westerns followed by Armalites. 

Reels, Mitchell's, Daiwa AG1350, Abu Cardinals, then Ultracast Cardinals, Shimano 3500 Sea Spin's then Aero4000Gte Bait runner's. 

When I was doing my City and Guilds in Engineering I made my own stainless buzz bars, with a screw in plug so that I could fill in the centre of rear 3 rod bar and convert it to front 2 rod, I made my stainless monkey climber needles with a screw thread at the base and a satellite bar for them to go in on my Gardner Rod pod as well. 

Oh yes, another identical blank to the one I purchased last week for pike fishing. The reel seats and rings turned up today with the back ordered blank, and some 3mm foam to tidy up my Solar stainless back rests. 

Think I might be busy now. 

This weekend is sorted, watching 6 nations, Superbowl and rod building. Reckon they might be finished Monday... 

nice it’s nice to see someone else builds there own rod I gave one to my mucka that have just started carp fishing