What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A week on Redmire. My mate managed to get through last week so the 3 of us have the last week in September 

Gorgeous... sounds like Rolling Thunder 

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Highy said:

Hopefully on Thursday I can go to my local Fishing Republic and buy.... 

Sonik Xtractor 6ft
Sonik Xtractor Reel
Sonik 6ft Rod Sleeve
Sonik Beanie Mat
Sonik Vader X 2 piece Net

If its all in stock 🙏🙏

Got a fishing republic opening near me in June, Go Out Doors are closing down and reopening with a FR in store, don't know if that's the same all over.

18 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Got a fishing republic opening near me in June, Go Out Doors are closing down and reopening with a FR in store, don't know if that's the same all over.

The go outdoors in Harlow has a fishing republic inside it as does Milton Keynes 

the Harlow one actually has some fishing stock in it now lol

I've currently got 3 reels in a basket okuma 8k 😬

I've been reading up on them and they seem like a reliable, great value,really solid, decent reel with a 5yr warranty,I was impressed with the kids okuma vibe sets I got for the girls for £18 it is a decent little set up and the reel was surprisingly smooth,I am not sure if I am wearing my big boy pants or not today yet though 😁

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I've been reading up on them and they seem like a reliable, great value,really solid, decent reel with a 5yr warranty,I was impressed with the kids okuma vibe sets I got for the girls for £18 it is a decent little set up and the reel was surprisingly smooth,I am not sure if I am wearing my big boy pants or not today yet though 😁

I'm thinking going all compact now, the compactness of these rods n reels are Awsome. 

3 hours ago, Highy said:

I've just bought... 

Sonik Xtractor 9ft
Sonik Xtractor Reel GS
Sonik 9ft Rod Sleeve
Sonik Xtractor Recon 2 piece Net

IMG_20210415_101130.thumb.jpg.426cac7714c407c106d8231ae2683378.jpg

Also some Sticky Krill Floaters, Mixa Hooks for Zigs n Floater fishing. 

No Beanie in stock, see if mate sell me his 😁

I've also just realized... I've left my Sticky floaters in the shop, I've messaged the fella who served me and they are at side of the till... What a numpty 🙄🙄

3 hours ago, Highy said:

I've just bought... 

Sonik Xtractor 9ft
Sonik Xtractor Reel GS
Sonik 9ft Rod Sleeve
Sonik Xtractor Recon 2 piece Net

IMG_20210415_101130.thumb.jpg.426cac7714c407c106d8231ae2683378.jpg

Also some Sticky Krill Floaters, Mixa Hooks for Zigs n Floater fishing. 

No Beanie in stock, see if mate sell me his 😁

I grind dome some of the Krill floaters and add them to my stick mix, makes the mix more active 👍

Just now, B B said:

I grind dome some of the Krill floaters and add them to my stick mix, makes the mix more active 👍

I'll do that too, also got some Krill Bait spray and seen some people cast a pva mesh bag of floaters with the hook bait too. 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Iv got a set of the 8k’s haven’t used them over water but they cast great 👍

7 minutes ago, Highy said:

I'll do that too, also got some Krill Bait spray and seen some people cast a pva mesh bag of floaters with the hook bait too. 

If I’m going for a floater session I put the krill floaters in a container add a little oil then some of the Active mix, gets a bit messy but gets them going and they never leave your swim. 

1 minute ago, B B said:

If I’m going for a floater session I put the krill floaters in a container add a little oil then some of the Active mix, gets a bit messy but gets them going and they never leave your swim. 

Will be a summer session this, give it a few more weeks and I'll give it a good go. 

12 minutes ago, Highy said:

8k Custom T60?? 

Screenshot_20210415_164647.thumb.jpg.36d630324a8842339e809ce8ff8b2254.jpgi got the 8k fd not sure whether there is any difference tbh whichever pics I've looked at they all look the same to me this picture looks shiny but all the videos and other pics are matt black so hopefully they are just matt black with silver bits, maybe BB may know if there is a difference? 😳