Jump to content

What is your newest purchase


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Screenshot_20210415_164647.thumb.jpg.36d630324a8842339e809ce8ff8b2254.jpgi got the 8k fd not sure whether there is any difference tbh whichever pics I've looked at they all look the same to me this picture looks shiny but all the videos and other pics are matt black so hopefully they are just matt black with silver bits, maybe BB may know if there is a difference? 😳

 

Nice looking reel 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A week on Redmire. My mate managed to get through last week so the 3 of us have the last week in September 

Gorgeous... sounds like Rolling Thunder 

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

Posted Images

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've currently got 3 reels in a basket okuma 8k 😬

I've been reading up on them and they seem like a reliable, great value,really solid, decent reel with a 5yr warranty,I was impressed with the kids okuma vibe sets I got for the girls for £18 it is a decent little set up and the reel was surprisingly smooth,I am not sure if I am wearing my big boy pants or not today yet though 😁

A mate of mine got a set of 3 of these around 18 months ago and he really rates them. He also has a set of top of the range shimanos not sure which model but he says the okumas are every bit as good if not better. 🙂👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, finchey said:

A mate of mine got a set of 3 of these around 18 months ago and he really rates them. He also has a set of top of the range shimanos not sure which model but he says the okumas are every bit as good if not better. 🙂👍

I read a few reviews like that which helped swing it, I also found a shop that had them for £240 for 3 and they are upgrading the washers to ice washers for free so hopefully they will be great and reliable they also have a 5yr warranty, my old evos are dying though so anything is an upgrade at the moment 😭

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Screenshot_20210415_164647.thumb.jpg.36d630324a8842339e809ce8ff8b2254.jpgi got the 8k fd not sure whether there is any difference tbh whichever pics I've looked at they all look the same to me this picture looks shiny but all the videos and other pics are matt black so hopefully they are just matt black with silver bits, maybe BB may know if there is a difference? 😳

 

Your such a tackle tart Elmo lol Matt black silver bail arm, one of the spring line clips silver,and the bit that the wooden handle fits on is a dull sliver.. the base of the spool is shiny black. 
 

50E493C1-54DD-48DD-BFE1-D7EAA4B87EE0.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, B B said:

Your such a tackle tart Elmo lol Matt black silver bail arm, one of the spring line clips silver,and the bit that the wooden handle fits on is a dull sliver.. the base of the spool is shiny black. 
 

50E493C1-54DD-48DD-BFE1-D7EAA4B87EE0.jpeg

I'm getting there slowly 😂 

They do look nice though, I've been wanting new reels for ages, I kept looking at aerlex, speedmaster and crosscasts etc and thinking they are nice but they don't have all the features, these ones did so I took a leap of faith and hopefully I got it right 🙏👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, B B said:

The smaller okuma is a inc 6000 that’s got slow osculation great line lay and a five year guarantee, got a pair of them to with my Korum 10ft 2.25 rods  👍

I did like the look of the Inc6000 looks a good reel for smaller rods but I wanted a big reel this time, just to try and see if it helps me cast a bit further 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, elmoputney said:

I did like the look of the Inc6000 looks a good reel for smaller rods but I wanted a big reel this time, just to try and see if it helps me cast a bit further 😂

It got the same build quality as the 8k, il use it on my floater rod as well. 
I got the 8k for the big spool and the great line which will help get them extra yards 

I had a set of the 1st cross casts out and the 8k is a much better reel in my opinion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, B B said:

It got the same build quality as the 8k, il use it on my floater rod as well. 
I got the 8k for the big spool and the great line which will help get them extra yards 

I had a set of the 1st cross casts out and the 8k is a much better reel in my opinion. 

Brilliant thanks, I can't wait now, I'm so excited 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Screenshot_20210417_092817.thumb.jpg.10ee7787e0b4882b5df4a682412112ac.jpg

I've just spend 6.49 on this 😳 

It's for backing on the new reels, I'm going to back with 200m per spool and use 297m of hydrotuff per reel, then I can get away with 1 spool of line per respool, I've used a spooling calculator and everything to try and get this sussed out 😂

What I usually do is get one shot spools of something like 100 yards maxima in 20lb and then just wind line over the top 

 

do you have a line guide for measuring the backing on?

Edited by framey
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, framey said:

What I usually do is get one shot spools of something like 100 yards maxima in 20lb and then just wind line over the top 

 

do you have a line guide for measuring the backing on?

I was just going to count the turns of the handle 😂

I worked out that 200m of. 35mm would be 185 turns of the handle, of which I know I'll probably lose count doing 😂

I used this calculator to work out how much hydrotuff I would need to fill it 

https://www.pattayafishing.net/fishing-reel-line-capacity-estimator/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Screenshot_20210417_092817.thumb.jpg.10ee7787e0b4882b5df4a682412112ac.jpg

I've just spend 6.49 on this 😳 

It's for backing on the new reels, I'm going to back with 200m per spool and use 297m of hydrotuff per reel, then I can get away with 1 spool of line per respool, I've used a spooling calculator and everything to try and get this sussed out 😂

You could Put your 297 yds of hydro on the reel 1st then your backing up to the lip, put the reel on the floor, fix the other new reel on the rod and wind all the line off the reel that’s on the floor onto your reel that’s on your rod .... it will be perfect .... orr you could buy shallow spools... which is what I did 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, B B said:

You could Put your 297 yds of hydro on the reel 1st then your backing up to the lip, put the reel on the floor, fix the other new reel on the rod and wind all the line off the reel that’s on the floor onto your reel that’s on your rod .... it will be perfect .... orr you could buy shallow spools... which is what I did 👍

Shallow spools are like unicorn poop at the minute 🦄💩

I did look for some but haven't found any yet, I think my way should be OK as long as I get roughly the right amounts on the spool to start with 😜, and if I take my time then next time will be a doddle, just strip back to the backing and repeat 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Shallow spools are like unicorn poop at the minute 🦄💩

I did look for some but haven't found any yet, I think my way should be OK as long as I get roughly the right amounts on the spool to start with 😜, and if I take my time then next time will be a doddle, just strip back to the backing and repeat 

 

Are we talking about the 8k ? 
iv had mine almost a year they wanted £27 ish for a shallow spool 😳 I ask my mate who runs my local tackle shop he said he’ll have a word with the rep from okuma managed to get 2 spools for £22 each. still looking for another one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, B B said:

Are we talking about the 8k ? 
iv had mine almost a year they wanted £27 ish for a shallow spool 😳 I ask my mate who runs my local tackle shop he said he’ll have a word with the rep from okuma managed to get 2 spools for £22 each. still looking for another one. 

Yeah for the 8k I could only find a surf one for £30  😳

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...