What is your newest purchase

I have a pair of Dwarf 9' rods and my young apprentice bought the 10' Scopes so I've had plenty of opportunity to compare the build quality and I can only echo Monkey Climbers words... there's no way the Scopes warrant the price compared to the Dwarfs... fortunately my young Padawan bought his second hand and he's chuffed with them... that said he bought a 6' snide and broke the tip... they can be a bit brittle but I guess thats down to the lack of resin in the carbon to save weight.... Nifty little bits of kit for going "Off Piste" with though

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A week on Redmire. My mate managed to get through last week so the 3 of us have the last week in September 

Gorgeous... sounds like Rolling Thunder 

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

Posted Images

2 hours ago, bluelabel said:

I have a pair of Dwarf 9' rods and my young apprentice bought the 10' Scopes so I've had plenty of opportunity to compare the build quality and I can only echo Monkey Climbers words... there's no way the Scopes warrant the price compared to the Dwarfs... fortunately my young Padawan bought his second hand and he's chuffed with them... that said he bought a 6' snide and broke the tip... they can be a bit brittle but I guess thats down to the lack of resin in the carbon to save weight.... Nifty little bits of kit for going "Off Piste" with though

The rods I use most are probably a pair of Chub Outkast 9ft Stalkers in 2.5lb TC (Although I would love one of those Sharpe's Scotties :)). Considering they were £30 a pop, they are miles ahead of the scope in terms of build and finish even if the fittings are of a lower spec.

Ah well, if the scope turns out to be rubbish, I can always grow the runner beans up it in the garden à la Mr. Yates.

if you are looking for a set of ten footers i could not recommend the torques enough they are the best rods on the market in that price range can still be got new in spare parts from fox i doubt you will see them for sale used very often they are the perfect rod for British waters, since putting the 25a reels on they are a proper distance set up too and the absolutely look the dogs, they really do bring the tackle tarts over, future fox cult item, i guess you could say fox have still got it going on, the new mini microns really do put the cherry on the cake. 

I've just been on Hinders website 😁

I decided I wanted some pellet hookbaits, as i figured it's worth trying when using pellet as an alternative so I bought a tub of elips dumbell hookbaits 

And I also bought 😳

5kg of uncooked tigers 

A tub of betalin and banana tiger nut hookbaits 

And some betalin and sweet almond tiger nut hookbaits 

Could've been worse I spose  😁

Recently broke my little ice crusher so invested in the RM boilie crusher and particle plate. The kit without the particle plate is on offer at TFT for the same price as the head only which made the purchase even better. 

used it once so far and my god is it good. The crusher fits a bit tight on the bucket and is difficult to fit/remove but that’s a minor thing that should loosen up with use I suspect. I whipped through crushing a few kilos of tigers in about 5 minutes. 

only downside is the need to unscrew/screw on the particle plate when you aren’t using it. Think it’s 10 screws, yes it’s only a few minutes by hand doing it but I’m sure there could be another way of fitting it that would make it quicker and easier. 

14 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Recently broke my little ice crusher so invested in the RM boilie crusher and particle plate. The kit without the particle plate is on offer at TFT for the same price as the head only which made the purchase even better. 

used it once so far and my god is it good. The crusher fits a bit tight on the bucket and is difficult to fit/remove but that’s a minor thing that should loosen up with use I suspect. I whipped through crushing a few kilos of tigers in about 5 minutes. 

only downside is the need to unscrew/screw on the particle plate when you aren’t using it. Think it’s 10 screws, yes it’s only a few minutes by hand doing it but I’m sure there could be another way of fitting it that would make it quicker and easier. 

2 heads one for each plate 😁

Its a good bit of kit though isn't it, smashes through bait in no time, one of the better things I've bought recently,I did sadly realise though that the rudd were destroying my crumbs in minutes, so I haven't used it much lately, as there is a lot of rudd😭

haven't got the particle plate yet though, but I probably will one day, did you try tigers with the normal plate? Just wondered what they came out like as I haven't yet 😳

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

2 heads one for each plate 😁

Its a good bit of kit though isn't it, smashes through bait in no time, one of the better things I've bought recently,I did sadly realise though that the rudd were destroying my crumbs in minutes, so I haven't used it much lately, as there is a lot of rudd😭

haven't got the particle plate yet though, but I probably will one day, did you try tigers with the normal plate? Just wondered what they came out like as I haven't yet 😳

yes 2 heads has been a thought to be honest! 

I havent, the particle plate smashes them up pretty small, I think a mix of both would be much better IMO, reckon a half and half plate would work a treat to be honest, for anything you throw in it really. Give a full variety of sizes with no need to change. My next thing is to try tigers on the normal plate!

1 hour ago, greekskii said:

yes 2 heads has been a thought to be honest! 

I havent, the particle plate smashes them up pretty small, I think a mix of both would be much better IMO, reckon a half and half plate would work a treat to be honest, for anything you throw in it really. Give a full variety of sizes with no need to change. My next thing is to try tigers on the normal plate!

That's a good idea a half and half plate, would make it a lot better, 

I will try tigers through the normal plate soon too when my Hinders order arrives, Pellets also work quite well through them 😏 

42 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

That's a good idea a half and half plate, would make it a lot better, 

I will try tigers through the normal plate soon too when my Hinders order arrives, Pellets also work quite well through them 😏 

let me know how it goes, I doubt I will be doing any for a while as I crushed up plenty last time round. 

1 hour ago, greekskii said:

let me know how it goes, I doubt I will be doing any for a while as I crushed up plenty last time round. 

You reminded me I had to change the plate on mine as I broke my original one (a bit too frozen boilies) so I just did it while I had the chance, to test it I made some fresh pellet mix, looks pretty amazing doesn't it 😁IMG_20210609_145140.thumb.jpg.acc4a5d10ca41c814f2aeab46caa9d0e.jpg

Edited by elmoputney

Right, question for you all… you order 2 matching rods from a prominent retailer, they arrive 10days late (after several calls to complain) and when you open the box, they’re damaged. You send them back and they eventually send you replacements… you open the box… 

…there’s 4 rods in there… what do you do?? 

2 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Right, question for you all… you order a set of rods from a prominent retailer, they arrive 10days late and when you open the box, they’re damaged. You send them back and they send you replacements… you open the box… 

Keep em, compensation?? 

8 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Right, question for you all… you order 2 matching rods from a prominent retailer, they arrive 10days late (after several calls to complain) and when you open the box, they’re damaged. You send them back and they eventually send you replacements… you open the box… 

Keep the ones you want and flog the ones you don't 😁

32 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

If there not damaged and your not billed... happy days keep them...all that good Kama you been saving up came good 

I would let them know 

tell them to send a courier to come and pick them up at a time to suit you

then if they don’t come to pick them up they are legally yours. And your karma is still in tact 

if you don’t tell them you won’t ever catch anything on them

Edited by framey
13 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Easy to say keep them but you know it's wrong. As mentioned, you should tell them and give them the chance to retrieve them. However, if you 'phone call is met with 10 minutes of greensleeves and "your call is important to us", hang up and keep 'em!