What is your newest purchase

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A week on Redmire. My mate managed to get through last week so the 3 of us have the last week in September 

Gorgeous... sounds like Rolling Thunder 

New sleep system - going down well!  Room for 2 no arguments!    

Posted Images

after the incident traveling home yesterday I got a front and rear dash cam not my sort of thing and never needed one before, coming up the m1 just got past the 60 mph speed restriction area in the third lane speeds up to just shy of 80  stayed in the third due to traffic in front being lighter and traveling at the same speed so im plodding along in a world of carp hurt and pain, idiot comes flying up the middle lane as he goes by he hits his horn hard i nearly knocked him off the road as i jumped and pulled to the left slightly didn't even see him coming. so I thought bit of a d and let it go, as he was clearing the traffic in front of me i took full advantage and speed up, don't think he liked that, old van drivers trick of getting behind the fool in the Audi so i carry on up the third lane until i got to my junction , pulled over to exit in plenty of time due to heavy hgv traffic in the first lane, idiot sees me shoots across to the first lane gets in front of me and hammered his breaks, I'm all calm and thinking I'm not reacting on a motorway, but i was pretty much in the red zone by then, so I flashed my lights and let the guy know i was going down the next exit you can do the same sort of thing , don't think he fancied it kept on trucking past the junction after nearly causing two serious accidents, so the mrs talked me into a traffic cam front and rear that records and monitors all sorts of things and lays any reports out on a map with all the numbers don't bother me i drive like an old man these days anyhow. 

got the snooper dvt 5hd 3 gen , could of got a deeper, or a brolly maybe even a pod and a brolly, cheers mate. 

3 minutes ago, Highy said:

It does look a tad ship like, should be here Thursday (ish) next week... How do I explain this 1 to the Mrs 😲😲🤔🤔

Just pray she is out when it arrives, and only cross that bridge If you have too😁 

I had a package arrive this evening I got caught smuggling my nuts into the garage 😳

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Just pray she is out when it arrives, and only cross that bridge If you have too😁 

I had a package arrive this evening I got caught smuggling my nuts into the garage 😳

Weeeeel, I've got a mate from work to order it, paid him, delivered to his, he brings it in work, then I (some how) bring it home... 🤔🤔

On 09/06/2021 at 18:06, ouchthathurt said:

Right, question for you all… you order 2 matching rods from a prominent retailer, they arrive 10days late (after several calls to complain) and when you open the box, they’re damaged. You send them back and they eventually send you replacements… you open the box… 

…there’s 4 rods in there… what do you do?? 

Keep them

I went to St Ives tackle today and I bought 

Some Nash rota claw hooks 

Some chod hammers 

Sonubaits oily floaters 

And 4 bath fish as the misses has gone out and left me with the monkeys for the day, I am now in a place called inflatabounce with lots of kids running round screaming that should wear them out though 😁😳

just ordered a high quality milk n birdfood base mix with a matching hook bait mix  and a flavour, going to try rolling my own small batch fresh made, said to be a real easy mix to roll if i can get on with it i might try a few other base mixes.  the krill one looks as good as it gets but have been advised to go with this milk n honey mix, got till the end of the month as i won't be doing a runs water just yet i can get what i need for later in the month get a nice stock of good basic bait, 

john baker is a top bloke i emailed him last week sent me a reply a few days later with a few ideas for a summer bait that that the carp find hard not to eat.  plus i like his thoughts on small batch fresh baits, i have no confidence in shelfies and freezer bait is ok till you see the frosty freezer burn in the bags, who here can till a difference when food you eat has been freezer burnt? i cant eat it.

12 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

just ordered a high quality milk n birdfood base mix with a matching hook bait mix  and a flavour, going to try rolling my own small batch fresh made, said to be a real easy mix to roll if i can get on with it i might try a few other base mixes.  the krill one looks as good as it gets but have been advised to go with this milk n honey mix, got till the end of the month as i won't be doing a runs water just yet i can get what i need for later in the month get a nice stock of good basic bait, 

john baker is a top bloke i emailed him last week sent me a reply a few days later with a few ideas for a summer bait that that the carp find hard not to eat.  plus i like his thoughts on small batch fresh baits, i have no confidence in shelfies and freezer bait is ok till you see the frosty freezer burn in the bags, who here can till a difference when food you eat has been freezer burnt? i cant eat it.

I’ve made my own bait for yrs it’s a buzz when you catch cause it’s your own achievement 

8 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Sounds a bit like something you might find in Ann summers a varimax thruster 😂

i thought the same but left it :mrgreen:

just got another email from jb (yeah I can be a pain) he sounded a bit shocked i told him of my plans for his fish meal base mix to add some haiths robin gold and cc moore minomino he say best used as is with the recommended use. 

his hook bait mixes look worth having a verity was going to get the super milk hook bait mix as it is the same price as all the others the base mix is nearly 20 quid a kilo not sure what's in that so didn't see much point until I think it might be worth it.  

4 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

i thought the same but left it :mrgreen:

just got another email from jb (yeah I can be a pain) he sounded a bit shocked i told him of my plans for his fish meal base mix to add some haiths robin gold and cc moore minomino he say best used as is with the recommended use. 

his hook bait mixes look worth having a verity was going to get the super milk hook bait mix as it is the same price as all the others the base mix is nearly 20 quid a kilo not sure what's in that so didn't see much point until I think it might be worth it.  

John Baker has done loads of videos on YouTube abiut his products not sure if you have seen them, also some good podcasts, if he says it is good enough as it is I would believe him 

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

3 rod licence ... as I've actually got some fishing booked early next month 😎.  Need to sort my kit out , not looked at it since a French trip 2 years ago! . Might have something to talk about again soon 👍  

you do know we use hair rigs these days :mrgreen: