What is your newest purchase

adders60

10 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Or get a wig rig? 

I am guessing you are joking Elmoputney? :)  I call my rig "the bald rig" because, quite simply, it has no hair. I have been developing and using it for over 10 years. It suits my style of fishing and I find it difficult to beat with more fashionable rigs.

1 hour ago, carpepecheur said:

I am guessing you are joking Elmoputney? :)  I call my rig "the bald rig" because, quite simply, it has no hair. I have been developing and using it for over 10 years. It suits my style of fishing and I find it difficult to beat with more fashionable rigs.

Yes I Wass joking as a wig is a way to cover baldness 😁

Asso fluorocarbon mainline, hook stop beads and some more buffer and rubber tulip beads. 

The Asso fluorocarbon is to try to reduce line visibility in a very clear water. While Gardner Pro light is good and I struggle to see it, I think the added density of fluorocarbon will benefit. 

17 hours ago, elmoputney said:

@greekskii I put some nuts through the standard plate monkey today, I think they look pretty good, I have just noticed a couple of my blades are bent though so that might be why I have slightly bigger chunks in, need to straighten them again 😳

IMG_20210619_125609.thumb.jpg.d27418d5edaf63c92004bb54e03ea9bd.jpg

Looks good mate. I have a mix of XXL, large and normal sized nuts. I’d expect the smaller ones to fall through the normal plate. The particle plate gives it much more of a finer chop. Defo be worth having a mix of both. 
im going to run some peanuts through pre-prep. The particle plate should give me a load of small peanut chops which can then just be soaked for 48hrs in boiling water. Easy prep. 

On 19/06/2021 at 08:19, carpepecheur said:

Would you like to show the forum your " bald rig " , pls. , Carpepecheur ? .

😃

On 10/06/2021 at 21:21, Highy said:

It does look a tad ship like, should be here Thursday (ish) next week... How do I explain this 1 to the Mrs 😲😲🤔🤔

So did your Boat arrive safely , Highy ? .

Did you quietly row your Boat home under the cover of darkness ? .

😁

2 hours ago, greekskii said:

Looks good mate. I have a mix of XXL, large and normal sized nuts. I’d expect the smaller ones to fall through the normal plate. The particle plate gives it much more of a finer chop. Defo be worth having a mix of both. 
im going to run some peanuts through pre-prep. The particle plate should give me a load of small peanut chops which can then just be soaked for 48hrs in boiling water. Easy prep. 

These are just normal sized ones from Hinders, I think the bigger ones would crush a little better, so a mix of sizes is a good idea, 

I've just drunkenly bought a 6m landing handle for a junior baiting pole so I can use the crushed ones to make a nice trap I think 😁

2 hours ago, crusian said:

Would you like to show the forum your " bald rig " , pls. , Carpepecheur ? .

😃

I am a bit tied up today Crusian (if you'll pardon the pun). It is incredibly simple to tie but it needs a LOT of explanation. I will put something together and put it up as a separate topic. for discussion and dissection.

6 hours ago, carpepecheur said:

I am a bit tied up today Crusian (if you'll pardon the pun). It is incredibly simple to tie but it needs a LOT of explanation. I will put something together and put it up as a separate topic. for discussion and dissection.

👍

Thanks , Carpepecheur , I'll look forward to that .

😃

5kilos of 8mm carp pellets for £13.99. I'm struggling with particles, the swans and tufties find hemp and maize too quickly and the fish have been feeding in shallow water less than Swan neck depth. 

Particles breaking down and being darker should reduce their attention, I hope... 

28 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Spoon for a landing net handle, big bucket with a lid and some boilies stops.

particle cooked last night, not looking forward getting it to the swim 😂

That's always the trouble isn't it nicer bringing it back empty though 😂 

I have a bucket of bait and some rakes in my car today, and a shovel to do a bit more road repairs, prepping for Thursday now, full moon can't wait 🌛🌛🌛

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:
2 hours ago, jh92 said:

That's always the trouble isn't it nicer bringing it back empty though 😂 

I remember once I walked a mile with two 20L buckets full to the brim with maize, maples, etc. To a spot on the river. Worst idea ever as my arms pretty much dropped off and I had to wait 20mins until they recovered so I could get the bait in the river 😂 

always take a barrow is my advice!