What is your newest purchase

adders60

47 minutes ago, greekskii said:

I remember once I walked a mile with two 20L buckets full to the brim with maize, maples, etc. To a spot on the river. Worst idea ever as my arms pretty much dropped off and I had to wait 20mins until they recovered so I could get the bait in the river 😂 

always take a barrow is my advice! 

I've started to make better use of my ridgemonkey bucket now pellets and boilies in the main section, tigers and crushed pellet(for bags) in the small compartments, if I am using a lot of particles I just usually take my trakker bucket too that has an draining insert so your particles arent so messy come spodding the granny time, love that tbh😁

I never thought expensive buckets were worth it before but they really are useful 🤔 

I might just make a ridgemonkey spoon mix this week if the baiting pole stuff all arrives, just chuck it all through the crusher 😂

1 hour ago, greekskii said:

I remember once I walked a mile with two 20L buckets full to the brim with maize, maples, etc. To a spot on the river. Worst idea ever as my arms pretty much dropped off and I had to wait 20mins until they recovered so I could get the bait in the river 😂 

always take a barrow is my advice! 

I got so much bait prepped for my next visit that I will have to do a separate barrow trip to my swim with it all 😂

Got 2 buckets full of pigeon conditioner, corn, krill boilies with some krill liquid lol

Edited by jh92

A5B7C72C-1C04-43F6-9587-2971B5984E5B.thumb.jpeg.053b9831d239b544ff7be588124859ae.jpeg

pigeon conditioner (the aniseed smells awesome 👍😂)

sweetcorn

16mm krill boilies including crushed ones

krill liquid

condensed milk

I’m running low on krill boilies usually take 5kg to this place but only got 2 so bulking it out with particle. Good chance I’m gonna get breamed out but still looking forward to it 😂 I’ll be spodding the granny out of it 😆😂 also got more particle on the burner and another bucket ready.

got 5kg of Nash pineapple baits but not confident in them but will put them in the boot just in case 👍

20 minutes ago, jh92 said:

A5B7C72C-1C04-43F6-9587-2971B5984E5B.thumb.jpeg.053b9831d239b544ff7be588124859ae.jpeg

pigeon conditioner (the aniseed smells awesome 👍😂)

sweetcorn

16mm krill boilies including crushed ones

krill liquid

condensed milk

I’m running low on krill boilies usually take 5kg to this place but only got 2 so bulking it out with particle. Good chance I’m gonna get breamed out but still looking forward to it 😂 I’ll be spodding the granny out of it 😆😂 also got more particle on the burner and another bucket ready.

got 5kg of Nash pineapple baits but not confident in them but will put them in the boot just in case 👍

Poor granny 🙄

a new catapult that i have hidden in the car due to me dropping the last one in the lake whilst baiting up in waders, it went over the ledge which isn't wader friendly so i just left it, if she see the new pult it will be constant digs about mitten strings and stuff. said i don't need one anyway she believed me. 💪

Well I've been contemplating a new shelter for a week or so. I really like my esp lo pro but I'm getting on a bit now and they are quite low for getting in and out of, so I've took the plunge and bought the bigger version the esp hideout, they have a built in front with removable door with mozzi mesh, you can also roll the sides up and have it like an open front brolly and there's also a ground sheet and storm poles included. 😁

3 hours ago, finchey said:

Well I've been contemplating a new shelter for a week or so. I really like my esp lo pro but I'm getting on a bit now and they are quite low for getting in and out of, so I've took the plunge and bought the bigger version the esp hideout, they have a built in front with removable door with mozzi mesh, you can also roll the sides up and have it like an open front brolly and there's also a ground sheet and storm poles included. 😁

I really enjoyed sleeping under my brolly this week, so did the mosquitos, I used citronella candles and jungle formula, that didn't stop them, I would quite like a proper built in Mozzie mesh, looks a nice shelter that one 👍

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Mosquitos love eating me for some reason I must have good taste 😁

I don’t get bothered but this yr between them an the midges it’s been a nightmare it was that bad the other night I packed up early eaten alive 

ouch a friend said tabbaco an garlic with spit an rub it on is this right ouch you been in the forces but I know what a wind up bunch you lot are I’ve seen a few sleeping bags tied up trees with a person in 😂😂

Avon Skin so Soft original works for a lot of people, but some need to go Jungle formula or Deet based repellants. 

Taverham had some big mozzies that could only be put off by Lifesystems and 50% minimum Deet. 

i gave up on insect sprays Avon stuff smells' not so nice to me so i don't use it same for citronella the deet stuff i have got a can but rarely use it.  i get bite a lot looks like i still have a bit of horse fly in my hand the bite has left a perma lump, one time me and the dog went rough camping on Exmore both woke up with tics feasting on us. 

sometimes if it is really bad i will light a citronella candle in the bivvy on a evening, but not with me in the bivvy the stuff repels me. 

4 hours ago, framey said:

I find most people who say they still get done are not using the right skin so soft

I found only the original contains enough (or any) citronella to prevent bugs feasting. 

Autan spray is the stuff my mate uses. 

Deet based repellants can give me a right bad headache (and I know a few servicemen have said the same) . 

For those talking about Mozzy problems, I was recommended a tent spray and a body spray from these guys - was told they supply the military, whether that's right or not I'm not sure but it's good stuff - bought for an Italy trip.

https://www.lifesystems.co.uk/products/insect-repellents?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq9Kwjse68QIVDM13Ch2CUALuEAAYAiAAEgKlcPD_BwE

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

For those talking about Mozzy problems, I was recommended a tent spray and a body spray from these guys - was told they supply the military, whether that's right or not I'm not sure but it's good stuff - bought for an Italy trip.

https://www.lifesystems.co.uk/products/insect-repellents?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq9Kwjse68QIVDM13Ch2CUALuEAAYAiAAEgKlcPD_BwE

I know that the current MTP pattern combat clothing is impregnated with permethrin. I was wearing a set of new combat trousers this week, and didn't get bit on my usual spot just above the ankle. 

12 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I know that the current MTP pattern combat clothing is impregnated with permethrin. I was wearing a set of new combat trousers this week, and didn't get bit on my usual spot just above the ankle. 

That's good Nick - perfect in fact, my new fishing trousers cannot be bitten through by insects  IMO all fishing clothing should be tactical  I.e water proof and bite proof, not cheap joggers that look good but offer nothing for actual fishing - the clothing offered by UK fishing companies is a total  joke tbh - they need to have a re-think!

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

On overnighters I always tuck me trousers into socks... keeps the little beggars off me ankles... I use mossie coils from go outdoors... seems to keep em away  for a while, as do citronella candles

I wish that worked all the time. I've frequently been bitten with mosquitoes on the outside of the clothes going all the way through. The UK and US current combat clothing are both permethrin impregnated. Permethrin is an insecticide (will kill the biting boogers) as well a medication against them.