What is your newest purchase

adders60

3 hours ago, framey said:

But it could be “the” rig on the water he fishes 

it’s a bit like trying out bait buy 10 pots of pop ups and Chuck extra flavour on them lol

received_1011925385878986.thumb.jpeg.441859033a6e9a8d5e78fbba5a0bf220.jpeg

These arrived today, should make it even more interesting 😁

I knew pretty quickly which ones I liked to use from the last lot though and pretty much have one now that I am confident in as it's been the one that always seems to go, and I've had 4 bites on them, I also don't put that much faith in hookbaits alone they are just a part of the situation, if I have feeding fish and I am not getting a bite its the rig not the hookbait usually, but I do think having a stand out hookbait can get you a quicker bite 

I agree maybe it could be THE RIG but I messed about all last year with rigs and I ended up losing 7 fish to hookpulls and tied myself in knots, what I have learnt this year now I think was that I just needed to lengthen the rig a bit 😯 I just think if go in confident with your rig and bait then all you need to do is get the location right, which on a big reservoir must be the most important factor I would say 👍

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

received_1011925385878986.thumb.jpeg.441859033a6e9a8d5e78fbba5a0bf220.jpeg

These arrived today, should make it even more interesting 😁

I knew pretty quickly which ones I liked to use from the last lot though and pretty much have one now that I am confident in as it's been the one that always seems to go, and I've had 4 bites on them, I also don't put that much faith in hookbaits alone they are just a part of the situation, if I have feeding fish and I am not getting a bite its the rig not the hookbait usually, but I do think having a stand out hookbait can get you a quicker bite 

I agree maybe it could be THE RIG but I messed about all last year with rigs and I ended up losing 7 fish to hookpulls and tied myself in knots, what I have learnt this year now I think was that I just needed to lengthen the rig a bit 😯 I just think if go in confident with your rig and bait then all you need to do is get the location right, which on a big reservoir must be the most important factor I would say 👍

I think we all need to go back to 

KISS

keep it simple stupid lol

On 07/07/2021 at 10:50, elmoputney said:

I dont wish to be rude, but if you have a rig you already have Confidence using, use that, I've messed about with rigs too often, make it simple and use one you know works, the last thing you want to be doing is messing about while fishing a tricky water tbh, 

No worries with the other 2 rods, I'm more than comfortable with my bottom bait rigs. 

Nigewoodcock posted some very interesting details a few years ago on here. That sparked my interest in zigs. Generally as I said, it a bit more active type of angling, which I like. I must be doing something wrong, but I'll persevere and enjoy the quest. 

On finding the fish, well in near 300 acres it hasn't been easy either. Slowly building up the required kit & my knowledge of the place. Electric outboard motor wasn't cheap with 2 leisure batteries. Next up will be a raymarine echo sounder, to get another edge. 

I'm gutted as my van isnt fixed, all ready to go and praying the mechanic can get it done tonight. First 3 nighter in years is now looking like 2😭

54 minutes ago, commonly said:

No worries with the other 2 rods, I'm more than comfortable with my bottom bait rigs. 

Nigewoodcock posted some very interesting details a few years ago on here. That sparked my interest in zigs. Generally as I said, it a bit more active type of angling, which I like. I must be doing something wrong, but I'll persevere and enjoy the quest. 

On finding the fish, well in near 300 acres it hasn't been easy either. Slowly building up the required kit & my knowledge of the place. Electric outboard motor wasn't cheap with 2 leisure batteries. Next up will be a raymarine echo sounder, to get another edge. 

I'm gutted as my van isnt fixed, all ready to go and praying the mechanic can get it done tonight. First 3 nighter in years is now looking like 2😭

That's kind of why I mentioned about testing rigs, sounds like a right challenge already, sounds like it's starting to come together though, hope you get your van fixed so you can there and catch some 👍

I didn't mean the zigs BTW I've watched loads of vids making them look useful, but have only tried them as a token jesture really and not caught on them either 🤣some people make it look so easy 

I got myself a telescopic ladder the other day to help me find the fish, I'm not really the right frame to be a tree climber, so I am also going up in the world, I think getting out on the boat will be a good thing for you it's got to help with ruling out areas of the lake and finding more of Interest 

Good luck 🤞🙏👍

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I wish I had a delivery coming to cheer me up today good planning 😏

ALL just arrived 😁😁

The goos, OMG proppa fresh smell... 

Isotonic like Sherbert, Almond abit nutty, Krill super stinky, Pineapple as if I'm eating it. 

IMG_20210712_100321.thumb.jpg.83b4c9c60008ceb9f928c16ef57c165f.jpg

The AXS Bivvy is miles thicker material, so now I've got 2 Groundsheet, 2 lots sonik storm poles, 2 lots sonik bivvy pegs... The Brolly I will use for days now, the Bivvy use for nights / longer sessions, the AXS Wrap I'll use towards winter/spring now. 

Edited by Highy

9 minutes ago, Highy said:

ALL just arrived 😁😁

The goos, OMG proppa fresh smell... 

Isotonic like Sherbert, Almond abit nutty, Krill super stinky, Pineapple as if I'm eating it. 

IMG_20210712_100321.thumb.jpg.83b4c9c60008ceb9f928c16ef57c165f.jpg

The AXS Bivvy is miles thicker material, so now I've got 2 Groundsheet, 2 lots sonik storm poles, 2 lots sonik bivvy pegs... The Brolly I will use for days now, the Bivvy use for nights / longer sessions, the AXS Wrap I'll use towards winter/spring now. 

I'm not sniffing the moonshine one today, I may have drank one too many last night and not sure it agree with me 😂

28 minutes ago, B B said:

Korda semi stiff N trap 20lb   £14

2 packets of Korda Krank barbless size 6  4.49 a packet 

Sonik Sk Tek Armchair £54…. Damm forgot to ask highly for his discount card 🙄

F40BFF3B-A76C-422A-BCA8-271D7850B981.jpeg

I Must have done summat right, mine was only £44 including postage in May 2020

Edited by Highy

Just treated myself to the Sonik 9' 3lb xtractor set, with 2 rods, 2 x 5000FS reels and the 42" net. So I had to get a transporter to put it in too.

The idea is to travel light and make fishing fun again.

I'll never be 15 again, tying a rod to my bike with a shoelace, but maybe I'll be wallking and stalking a bit more with these?

6 minutes ago, dalej2014 said:

Just treated myself to the Sonik 9' 3lb xtractor set, with 2 rods, 2 x 5000FS reels and the 42" net. So I had to get a transporter to put it in too.

The idea is to travel light and make fishing fun again.

I'll never be 15 again, tying a rod to my bike with a shoelace, but maybe I'll be wallking and stalking a bit more with these?

I just have the 1 for stalking (still brand new) 

Screenshot_20210716_154831.thumb.jpg.a455f14e72a8e44deea42e8ffaa9cc38.jpg

should be out next week 

got a supermarket sweep and tiger nuts, one of the mainline tiger tubs from go out doors less than a tenner got the black ones in bust about a quarter of the tub up to add to the oats, ground almond, walnut, corn, milk powder, and hemp milk, added a touch of tm1 and cream from jb. fish that in sticks and a few balls over the top. 

all in the freezer pulling all the flavours in 

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_20210728_224347.thumb.jpg.31b48d726a4ecbb13e2d6c4c70d9916a.jpg

Got a pack of these in the post today, couldn't resist when I saw them, quite sharp out the pack tbh, I think they could be a useful pattern, I've gone from preferring straight point hooks to buying beak points recently, kranks and klors will hopefully catch more 😳

I also got a 2nd magnet for my tackle box just means I can now easily store boom sections ready to go 

I am also into stiff boom section rigs at the moment, 😳 

Now all I need is for the pups to start behaving or I am never going fishing again 😂

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

klors

I've often wondered why no one has offered a traditional curve shank with a beaked point. The closest we've had to that is the krank which is hardly a traditional curve shank. This Klor jobby is the first I'm aware of.

What do you intend to use it for Elmo? I think the curve/eye is too aggressive for the rigs I use but can certainly see a benefit for bottom bait/wafter rigs.

12 minutes ago, yonny said:

I've often wondered why no one has offered a traditional curve shank with a beaked point. The closest we've had to that is the krank which is hardly a traditional curve shank. This Klor jobby is the first I'm aware of.

What do you intend to use it for Elmo? I think the curve/eye is too aggressive for the rigs I use but can certainly see a benefit for bottom bait/wafter rigs.

I tried it on a Ronnie boom just to see, it wasn't as bad as you would expect but I didn't get them for that, i wanted to make a decent resetting wafter or bottom bait rig with it, last night I made a blowback combi rig with boom and braid looped, I think I quite like it tbh, but I think any combi type set up with either silicone or a blowback ring will probably work quite nicely, they are designed to be used with braid so would probably work nicely with a coated braid stripped back behind the eye too, worth a look I think 👍