What is your newest purchase

adders60

I have to admit to being a tad sceptical about this pattern... it seems the point and the eye in such close proximity closes the point off too much... that said, I tend to use mono hookinks, so the stiffness of a knotless knot would close it off more... I may have to revisit this pattern with some soft braid in the future... I have a couple of packs of Mugga's which are similar, albeit sans beaked point

10 hours ago, bluelabel said:

I have to admit to being a tad sceptical about this pattern... it seems the point and the eye in such close proximity closes the point off too much... that said, I tend to use mono hookinks, so the stiffness of a knotless knot would close it off more... I may have to revisit this pattern with some soft braid in the future... I have a couple of packs of Mugga's which are similar, albeit sans beaked point

This pattern is designed to be used with braid, so mono or stiffer hooklinks probably wouldn't be ideal, I do quite like them tbh the angle of the eye is designed so it helps the rig flip nice and quickly without the need for a kicker or shrink tube, 

Apparently or with a Ronnie type set up as shown on the korda fb 

FB_IMG_1627591401501.thumb.jpg.67d0af378b76778c4cc01010512c6e8c.jpgFB_IMG_1627591362880.thumb.jpg.1a7ca48e3d048db93394ae67d758d450.jpg

I think I'd prefer to use them with a soft braid link as in your first pic on the end of a stiff boom... I think the metalwork of the Ronnie closes off the point too much... I think because the point is virtually in line with the eye of the swivel, the hookholds would be at quite a shallow angle possibly leading to a hook pull... just my take on it...

Mugga vs 

The mugga is the top pic, klor middle, krank bottom, I agree my 1st choice probably wouldn't be the klor for a Ronnie rig but I don't think it looks bad, I am starting to like the krank though, I like the wideness of the gape, and I'm thinking a beaked point might mean less hook pulls over a straight point 👍

image.thumb.png.02bc8bb48519fd2ea5c9e6e633d1e73d.png

FB_IMG_1627591362880.thumb.jpg.cc22a32bea438853dc87234a9bdedce8.jpg

image.png.a211d8f2850e6cfed691223ffaeef8b3.png

Gardner spin doctor, I was using my distance sticks on Monday/Tuesday and was letting the line off via the clutch like an idiot, Only noticed late on I was getting line twist and I couldn't work out why and then it suddenly came to me what I'd done, never done it before I always open bail arm.🤪 Hopefully the spin doctor will sort it out. 😁👍

another way of getting twist out is to put an ordinary lead on... go to a big field.... give it a big chuck, follow the line till you get to the lead, cut off the lead go back and wind the line in through the grass... et Viola... no twist

(addendum... I found this out after using a side cast reel... horrendous twist off wunno they bad boys)

Edited by bluelabel

20 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

another way of getting twist out is to put an ordinary lead on... go to a big field.... give it a big chuck, follow the line till you get to the lead, cut off the lead go back and wind the line in through the grass... et Viola... no twist

(addendum... I found this out after using a side cast reel... horrendous twist off wunno they bad boys)

Cheers for that, if the doctor doesn't work I will try this. 👍

On 30/07/2021 at 12:29, bluelabel said:

Not a purchase as such... found an early 60's bite indicator today...

20210730_120206.jpg

I have a matching pair of yellows in the barbel bag lol

i found a red one whilst walking around a local lake a couple of months ago

1 hour ago, Ark79 said:

Alright lads 

Wasn’t sure on this, that’s until I got it….cracking wee box 👍🏻ED033F86-A0F7-4391-A05D-7E40B482414B.thumb.jpeg.13cedd1cc36fce1199d205c18e4f9821.jpeg

just got the Korda compac case, works a treat with this box 

I got one a couple of weeks ago, it's brilliant isn't it, you can get so much stuff in them, leader safe is good too, I bought an extra magnet so I can keep Ronnie booms in the rig section,great bit of kit  👍